Forums » Elder Scrolls

The Dragonborn Is From Cyrodiil!

• 185 posts
    December 18, 2013 5:29 PM EST
    I was wandering around froki shack with a new character and then a bear attacked me, I ran to the nearest imperial camp, after the death of the bear I Saw the general,A Altmer,so I talked with him and asked:
    Why you joined the legion?
    He said something about joining for traveling the world,and said that he was from cyrodiil, then my character (A khajiit) said
    You are from cyrodiil? how are the thing back on home? (or something similar,look at riften imperial camp)
    • 91 posts
    December 18, 2013 7:32 PM EST

I'm 100% sure he's just asking the Altmer how things are back in -HIS- home, and not stating that he too is from Cyrodiil.

• 152 posts
    December 18, 2013 9:17 PM EST

I agree

• 33 posts
    December 24, 2013 3:18 AM EST
    The Dragonborn is from Cyrodiil. Hadvar says: "You haven't heard of the civil war in Skyrim? I guess down in Cyrodiil people have other things to worry about."
    • 33 posts
    December 24, 2013 3:21 AM EST
    Boom! Boom!
    • 33 posts
    December 24, 2013 3:30 AM EST
    I use this as another excuse to justify my Nord siding with the empire. She recognises the importance of the empire as she has lived in Cyrodiil for a time.
    • 47 posts
    December 24, 2013 4:39 AM EST

I RP that all my characters were in Cyrodiil at the time of their arrest, it makes sense as Ralof tells you that you were trying to cross the border, and the carriage is leading away from the Cyrodiil border. However Ralof and Ulfric were captured at Darkwater crossing (think thats what its called) so that could be the 'border' they're referring to

• 33 posts
    December 24, 2013 7:00 PM EST
    I'm happy that I can play a progressive Nord. I agree with what the Battleborns say about the Grey-manes. That if they love their precious culture so much they should wear pelts and live in caves.
    • 61 posts
    December 24, 2013 7:03 PM EST

Hadvar is a silly, silly man.

• 409 posts
    December 24, 2013 9:24 PM EST
    Nerevarine is from Cyrodiil :P
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    December 24, 2013 9:26 PM EST
    Gahhraaanrr.
    • 179 posts
    January 15, 2014 10:14 PM EST

To quote the Book of the Dragonborn: "Very few realize that being Dragonborn is not a simple matter of heredity - being the blessing of Akatosh Himself, it is beyond our understanding exactly how and why it is bestowed." In other words, simply because the Septim Dynasty was Dragonborn doesn't mean that the Last Dragonborn is Imperial. Even if he/she was from Cyordiil, this doesn't prove Imperial ancestry. Considering its proximity to the border with Skyrim, it's more likely that he came from Bruma and its majority Nordic population.