Forums » Elder Scrolls

what is your most used weapon in SkyRim and why?

• 39 posts
    December 18, 2013 1:26 PM EST

I think that mine would be my Dwarven War-hammer  that is enchanted with fire called Scorne-Bringer. ( I use it everywhere i go, and lost it while doing a quest because a Dragur had shouted it out of my hands...) ( it took me nearly 3 hours to find)

• 70 posts
    December 18, 2013 1:34 PM EST

My most used weapon at the moment is Miraak's sword, because it swings very fast compared with other swords. This means I can very quickly apply two poisons to an enemy, leaving him paralyzed and taking 50 damage each second, then move on to the next one.

For my Warrior, I use a custom made Ebony Mace with Shock Damage. I love the look of the Ebony Mace and it has one of the best stagger rates in the game, making it great for a battlemage type character.

• 39 posts
    December 18, 2013 1:47 PM EST

i sometimes use a glass sword too.

• 51 posts
    December 18, 2013 4:30 PM EST

Ancient Nord Greatsword.  I have a recurring case of restartitis, and I just love the look of it.

• 360 posts
    December 18, 2013 4:47 PM EST

Blades Sword, because katanas

• December 18, 2013 4:55 PM EST
    The Ebony Blade. That thing is sexy. But my favorite weapon is the Nordic Carved Sword, it's the sexiest (Bound Sword is a close second).
    • 70 posts
    December 18, 2013 4:58 PM EST

The Nordic Sword looks amazing with anything, and dual-wielded with a Nordic Dagger you'll look like a desert warlord.

• 74 posts
    December 18, 2013 6:48 PM EST
    If spells count then paralysis, if not then the Staff of Magnus.
    • 48 posts
    December 18, 2013 7:19 PM EST

Nordic war axe or battle-axe because it looks amazing and I like axes.

• 3 posts
    December 18, 2013 7:43 PM EST

My most used weapon would be the Nord Hero Sword with a burn/absorb health enchantment. I particularly love the ancient weapon look, but it also wins a lot of points for me by having no sheath.

If asking about favorite weapon - Dragonbone greatsword. That thing just looks badass.

• 91 posts
    December 18, 2013 7:43 PM EST

I tend to restart A LOT and still haven't beaten any of the DLCs (or even started Dragonborn). However, the one staple of almost every character I make is joining the Companions and in the process using the Skyforge steel sword. It's strong at low levels and even acceptable with high smithing at the high levels. It also looks especially cool with the aMiridianborn textures from the Nexus.

• 34 posts
    December 19, 2013 12:35 AM EST
    My Dragonbone bow, which has been enchanted with chaos damage. She's my one and only.
    • 5 posts
    December 19, 2013 3:14 AM EST

I usually equip all my character with steel weapon even they use dragonplate armor. It just because i love steel!

• 108 posts
    December 19, 2013 6:30 AM EST

Mystic Bow. I love conjured weapons. Fast, reliable, never runs out of arrows.

• 39 posts
    December 19, 2013 6:35 AM EST
    All ebony 2h weapons, depends on my build
    • 89 posts
    December 19, 2013 10:16 AM EST

Skyforge Steel Sword. Not even close.

• December 19, 2013 3:07 PM EST

I love my Orcish Bow that i use in my Argonian character. I call it "Chillizard" (Frost Damage)

• 47 posts
    December 19, 2013 3:35 PM EST

Glad im not the only one who thinks the nordic carved weapons look like there 'desert-y' instead of the weapons of nords. I always use them on my Redguards.

• December 19, 2013 3:41 PM EST
    I love all Greatswords(except ebony. I can't find the useability of ebony swords) and some bows.
    Personal favorites: Steel, Nordic, Dragonbone Greatswords
    Falmer, Forsworn, Orcish, Daedric and Dragonbone Bows
  • December 19, 2013 5:21 PM EST

Dawnbreaker, It may not be the strongest but to me it is the coolest sword in the game.

• Fey
    • 3 posts
    December 19, 2013 9:48 PM EST

Ebony weapons tend to be my most used weapon in the game. However my most favoured weapons are the glass variant. My current character: a Breton knight of particular Altmer descent uses a custom sword called Valiant-enchantment free (for the intended use of elemental fury).

• 162 posts
    December 20, 2013 2:37 AM EST

My char uses skyforged, elven, glass and ebony greatswords, swords, axes, shields and bows, depending on her opponents, the circumstances, her armour and her (ermm.. my) mood.

• Jen
    • 88 posts
    December 20, 2013 3:25 AM EST

I probably use the bound sword or bound bow the most. But I also love Dawnbreaker and  Dragonbone bows. I use simple hunting bows quite a bit as well. 

• 249 posts
    December 20, 2013 3:26 AM EST
    I've only used it for one build but the Dwarven Black Bow of Fate is probably my favorite weapon. I love the luck-based enchantment but the design seals the deal. There are cool looping Celtic designs on the back of the shaft that glow red, blue, and green, displaying the bow's absorption enchantment. The designs compliment the nearly-solid black bow beautifully. If you have the Dragonborn DLC, I highly recommend picking it up!
    • 6 posts
    December 20, 2013 11:03 AM EST

Dwarvern Enhanced Crossbow enchanted to be the bane of my opponent's existance, sure it makes noise so sniping without getting caught in a long fight would be tough, but that is not my playstyle. My second favorite is Ahzidal's Ring of Arcana, because sometimes the world just needs to burn, and it is the perfect tool for any pyromaniac.