Forums » Elder Scrolls

A Bandit Quest Line

• December 3, 2013 12:24 PM EST

I like many other, have spent a great many hours pondering what I would like to see added to the next Elder Scrolls game. The one that keeps re-occurring for me is the premise of a bandit quest line. picture this. You're hunting in the plains out side Whiterun and you near an the abandon fort, Fort Greymoor. Being the curious adventurer you are you enter. Suddenly you're attacked by a disorganized group of bandits. Naturally you show them what real power is and you are confronted by the second in command after killing the chief. He asks you to become the new leader and you accept. From here you embark on a journey to have the most dominant bandit clan Tamriel has ever seen. This includes fighting other bandit factions, taking more forts, working with the Thieves Guild and paying off guards and legionnaires (maybe even prominent court members and Jarls?). Now you have an elite, organized team of followers. You have a fort, and presumable all the wealth that comes with eliminating the competition.

I'd love to hear any ones take on this idea whether it be criticism or excitement. I doubt it will ever come to fruition but it's always for to think about.

• 27 posts
    December 3, 2013 2:41 PM EST

Do I smell a mod?

• 159 posts
    December 3, 2013 3:06 PM EST

I would love a bandit quest line! invest in traps.... ambush soldiers, travelers or carriages maybe even recruit others to the cause... choose to be a murderous band of killers.... or to just be thugs who only want gold not death... so many ideas!!  

• 194 posts
    December 3, 2013 3:42 PM EST

Nexus forums or steam forums would be a good place to start with mod requests.

• December 3, 2013 3:44 PM EST

I think it would be cool at the end of a fight, there is a chance your enemy would yield and ask to join. you'd also get to recruit people with different skills like blacksmiths, archers and so forth.

• 159 posts
    December 3, 2013 3:52 PM EST

Exactly choose to kill and rob or just rob and let them go...  do you stay in one place? or are you raiders on horseback? there's so many things that could be implemented! 

• 6 posts
    December 3, 2013 4:47 PM EST

I think that the next DLC for skyrim (if there will be another one) should be about pirates. Take the ideas thought up with making your own gang of people and stuff, but add ships. You can travel to exotic locations and it would act as a new player home. Maybe you could be somewhere near Stros M'kai with Redguards and stuff (you can probably tell that I am no the most knowledgable of Elder Scrolls lore.)

Could be something to do with Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. WINK WINK 

• 47 posts
    December 3, 2013 4:54 PM EST

Sounds like it would be awesome, but Bethesda has said there will be no more dlcs 

• 622 posts
    December 3, 2013 5:14 PM EST

That would never happen because A) Assassin's Creed is made by Ubisoft, not Bethesda and B) There are no more DLCs/

• 75 posts
    December 3, 2013 6:16 PM EST

You forgot the  at the end.

• 75 posts
    December 3, 2013 6:17 PM EST

I'd also would love to see a bandit questline, I just stated a bandit character a week ago.

• 622 posts
    December 3, 2013 7:00 PM EST

No, I didn't.

• December 3, 2013 8:59 PM EST

I like the idea a lot! I think there a lot of possibilities. I would like to see some way to join Bandit. I  would also like to fight other bandit factions.