Forums » Elder Scrolls

Other Armors?

• 51 posts
    December 8, 2013 4:22 PM EST

For the Mithril fans on PC, there is a mod for one over on the Nexus: 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19655/

• 106 posts
    December 8, 2013 8:49 PM EST

mithril and chain. also cloaks and fur hoods. 

• December 9, 2013 12:49 AM EST
    More savage/wild man armors (like Forsworn, but many variations) and more weather friendly armor like the lower tier ones(Fur, Leather, Iron/Banded Iron, Steel, which have some fur for warmth) and more masculine BIG Tankish armors
    • 45 posts
    December 9, 2013 9:05 AM EST

I'm still an advocate of Elder Scroll armor... indestructible, one-size-fits-most, and it has the potential to blind your enemies.

• 45 posts
    December 9, 2013 9:07 AM EST

Also, why did all the guard's armor, regardless of their hold, look pretty much exactly the same? That saddens me greatly.

• 365 posts
    December 9, 2013 9:11 AM EST

To show unison of authority and recognition throughout Skyrim and the Nine Holds...same reason Public Services dress the same as their colleagues of their respective fields in real life....

• 5 posts
    December 11, 2013 10:22 AM EST
    I would love to see unique set for every race. We got elven, orcish, and dwarven. But, where's the others?

And also maybe a full set of silver armor.
    • 116 posts
    December 11, 2013 10:45 AM EST
    I don't necessarily need to see more metals or unigue smithing materials for armor. I would, however, like to see much more variants in armor. Maybe a light medium heavy set for most armors. Steel armor would have steel chain (medium) and steel plate (heavy), etc. The ability to craft hoods cloaks and clothing would be nice. Maybe even separating pants from the torso armor (like in Oblivion) so you could make truly unique armor sets
    • 661 posts
    December 11, 2013 11:40 AM EST

Hearthfire could have fixed this if it gave us an armor pack instead a lame house building pack. Just think of how awesome it would be to customize your armor instead of the same house in all three holds.

Even if it added new armor altogether that would epic.

• 661 posts
    December 11, 2013 11:41 AM EST

Wow.

• 39 posts
    December 11, 2013 3:31 PM EST

Even the light armor hoods look like Crap!

• 661 posts
    December 11, 2013 3:54 PM EST

I agree all the hoods look like poop. Except the Apprentice Hood.

• 185 posts
    December 11, 2013 3:58 PM EST

And Linwe/Blackguard hood

• 39 posts
    December 12, 2013 7:17 AM EST

But ESPECIALLY the Thieves Guild Hood. Great Talos, that thing is terrible looking!

• 39 posts
    December 12, 2013 7:19 AM EST

I do like the Idea of the soul-gem armor, just I think that maybe make it more than just recolored glass with a spikier helmet...

• 2 posts
    December 12, 2013 7:21 AM EST

At the moment, I only have one complaint: too few damn clothing options. I mean, sure, there's a lot of variety, but most of that variety is based on re textures or similar geometry. Where's the variety in that?

• December 12, 2013 9:55 AM EST

^This:

• December 12, 2013 9:56 AM EST

Because console can't win anyway

• January 1, 2014 6:00 AM EST

I miss having separate chest and leggings as it helped with customizing my guy. I'd like to see more capes and cloaks. Also more animal head helmets. The bear head is cool, but I'd like to see wolf, sabercat, troll, maybe even a skeever just for laughs. Having a light and heavy variation for faction armor would be good too. My heavy armored Stormcloak felt soooooo awkward. I'd also like to see emblems that could be applied to armor and shields. If you're Thane of Whiterun for example, you'd have the option of attaching their horse symbol to your chest or painting it on any shield and likewise with other factions/holds/whathaveya.

• 26 posts
    January 1, 2014 6:27 AM EST

You mean like this?

• 33 posts
    January 1, 2014 6:28 AM EST

Wow! That's pretty awesome dude

• 74 posts
    January 1, 2014 11:53 PM EST
    Is that Manimarco from TES: Online?
    • 74 posts
    January 1, 2014 11:55 PM EST
    Hearthfire was a huge disappointment I thought we were going to have a wider range of options, rather than the "Nordic" style house. That, and the Dragonborn is literally the worst parent ever. Then again I want to play Skyrim, not house.
    • 74 posts
    January 2, 2014 12:00 AM EST
    The thing I love about Skyrim is none of the armors are over the top, except for Daedric, which is why I could never wear it. That said, I would like to have seen more, for l cod a better word, knightly, armors. That and none of the fur armors looked warm. Also, has anyone ever seen some of the Izzet mages from Magic, something like that would be just awesome.
    • 152 posts
    January 2, 2014 1:15 AM EST

I would have loved to have the return of the medium armors, which were absorbed into the other armors after morrowind. Armors like Bonemould and Orcish were originally medium armors, along with chainmail and scale armors.