Forums » Elder Scrolls

What would you like to see in The Elder Scrolls VI?

• 1 posts
    January 4, 2014 7:18 PM EST

I feel like although Skyrim was simpler, It sorta gimped the spell system. I like dual casting, and new necromancy spells, but I do miss mysticism. Also, I am upset they got rid of paralyze in the Illusion tree. I feel like it really gimped Illusion.

• 3 posts
    January 4, 2014 7:30 PM EST

I want Shadow and Holy magic.

• 159 posts
    January 4, 2014 11:31 PM EST

Wearbears!

• 159 posts
    January 4, 2014 11:37 PM EST

Maybe more animation that are not for combat like if you consume a potion, food or drink it actualley shows u picking it up and drinking it. Or maybe like if climb a tree you can sit on a tree branch or if you read it shows your character flipping through the book, things like that.  Different events in the citys and towns like different holidays or traditions depending on the month or day! and if possible more magic with nature like druidism maybe involving the divine kyne as she is all about nature. 

• 17 posts
    January 4, 2014 11:37 PM EST

Arrow to the knee is actually cool, it doesn't mean a literal arrow to the knee. It is an old Nordic saying when you got married. It is also the reason why you go down on one knee when proposing. So all the guards just got married, the didn't quit adventuring because of an arrow to the knee.

P.S. I also would love a Necromancy Perk Tree, that would be awesome

• 33 posts
    January 5, 2014 1:43 PM EST

More weapon and armor variations, separated female and male animations, not just idles. Separated sheathing animations for dual and single weapon wielding, staves that don't go invisible when you put them on your back, food that restores health over time and somewhat weaker potions which have longer lasting effects. Actually dark dungeons (Bethesda actually planned this but they couldn't implement it because of console limitations). Seasonal foliage (again, console limitations). Real racial skill bonuses to skills, in Skyrim races barely affected your skills, you only got like +5 or +10 to a few and that's it. I would love if blocking would completely absorb damage and succesful blocks would take away stamina (I fail to understand how damage comes through a shield, when the weapon clearly doesn't even scratch you). And also, bring back the old Skooma! Why the hell did they have to completely remove the speed boost effect? They basically just made it a cheap stamina potion. My list is huge, this is just a few of them that came to mind 

• 6 posts
    January 5, 2014 4:17 PM EST

Manbearpig!! -That should really be a mod

• 6 posts
    January 5, 2014 4:18 PM EST

Amen to the necromancy perk tree

• 6 posts
    January 5, 2014 4:26 PM EST

Yeah it always bugged me that when you sheathed two daggers, only one sheath was there

• 6 posts
    January 5, 2014 4:32 PM EST

I loved the adoring fan in Oblivion! He needs to come back! In fact great heroes should have like packs of people willing to follow them.

• 6 posts
    January 5, 2014 4:47 PM EST

Well that's basically the purpose of TESO. But yeah a Fable-type of co-op would be really cool in TESVI

• 6 posts
    January 5, 2014 5:09 PM EST

More-or-less everything that's been said already. A hardcore/RP mode would be really neat to have. I personally don't think the Oblivion skill system is as amazing as everyone says it is. Sure, it's closer to DnD. I think TESVI should revamp the skill system, but take a step forward instead of a step back. Like more skill trees and less skill points, thus forcing the player to choose without being completely bound by a choice they made at the beginning of the game. I would like to see it similar to the WoW talent system where every 3-5 levels you get a skill point instead of one per level. Or if it is every level, don't make every perk be a huge game-changing perk; have more subtle but useful perks, like crit chance or power %, or even more perks pertaining to specific spells/weapon types. 

Some of the things people have said about economy are freakin genius. I love the idea of supply/demand, inflation, expansion etc. Taxes would be pretty immersive too, or even banks and bank loans for houses/horses that you have to pay off over time with interest or else they send thugs/guards after you. I feel like there should be questlines for the really rich folks like Maven Black-Briar(as an example) where you can do her dirty work or be her associate and get super rich in the process.

As for what people have said about races, I think TES has a good thing going by sticking to their core races. I feel like the amount of time/energy/manpower spent there would be much better spent improving other parts of the game. They've had the same races for every game, why would they change that now? From what I've seen of WoW, adding races detracts from the awesomeness/lore of the original races; I have no doubt that the same thing would happen if Bethesda did it.

So there it is

(btw a release date would be phenomenal too)

• 38 posts
    January 6, 2014 12:25 AM EST
    I was just thinking about the location and had an idea I wanted to share. I think Bethesda will like to keep Blackmarsh, Elsweyr and Valenwood as mysterious places and go with The Summerset Isles, especially considering recent events. I thought they might make the player a blades agent working to reestablish the blades there and bring down the Thalmor, with meanwhile another war going on in Cyrodiil. As for new features, I'd like basic climbing, particularly trees so when we go to Valenwood, it's done perfectly. Also spears, when I watch Game of Thrones and see the soldiers with a spear and shield, I wish I could play that.
    • 95 posts
    January 9, 2014 5:15 AM EST

More open field combat. Sometimes crawling caves and dungeons continously is boring. A real evil playthrough would be welcome too!

• 14 posts
    January 9, 2014 10:33 AM EST

I would like to be able to become a Lich to make necromancy more viable, possibly with a gulld attached. And MORE MOUNTS.

• 127 posts
    January 9, 2014 12:34 PM EST
    I wish that they would add blood magic. Blood magic would just be fear, frenzy, and calm. The difference would be the spells would become more powerful, and they would be a difference color from what they are now.
    • 95 posts
    January 10, 2014 2:08 AM EST

Dual casted novice fear spell with the perks affects creatures up to lvl 63!!! similar for calm and frenzy. And you want them to be more powerful?? why? :D

• January 13, 2014 1:54 PM EST

I would like to be a part of one of the big wars that have shaped Tamriel. And indeed more races or race differences would be nice, and some options to make roleplaying easier :) more spells would be nice, but that is no priority, and just a lot more weapon and armour variation, also for roleplaying sake :)

• January 13, 2014 1:57 PM EST

And the one thing TES needs, is a bigger impact of your actions! Can you imagine doing a little quest, and then suddenly, everything falls apart? Even killing the emperor didn't have a big impact on the land of skyrim, as it should.

• 28 posts
    January 13, 2014 2:42 PM EST

or you atleast should be able to complete the quest AND keep the skeleton key (for the thieves guild suggestion)

• 28 posts
    January 13, 2014 2:57 PM EST

that would be awesome; just not for the next TES game :P

• 28 posts
    January 13, 2014 3:13 PM EST

Mostly everything that everyone else has said along with more spells and magic schools as well as an easier way to get spell tomes. Also, and easier way to escape jail. And an enchantment that makes you invisible when activated, kinda like the One Ring in LOTR. Also more/new enchantments because my mage character got every enchantment at level 23 :l also, if you are in the College of Winterhold, the enchanting instructor could give you locations of a weapon with a new enchant that he wants you to retrieve like say in a Falmer or Dwemer dungeon, and when you give him the weapon/armor/jewelry he will disenchant it and then teach the enchantment to you. Also better customization of armor/clothing. I want to be able to make unique clothing THEN enchant it with the magic effects.

• 41 posts
    January 13, 2014 3:37 PM EST
    I would love for it to take place in black marsh or valenwood, I'm agreeing on the different lycan stuff, I always thought a werewolf argonian was pretty stupid. Also I hope there's different races of races you can play as, like how khajiit have different types of khajiit, also I think (this one can go good of bad) but have like gunpowder be introduced and have rare weapons like a blunderbuss or something
    • 36 posts
    January 14, 2014 4:49 PM EST
    The one ring existed in oblivion but it didn't turn you invisible
    • 20 posts
    January 24, 2014 6:10 PM EST

As someone mentioned below, more of a focus on necromancy would be awesome, and would open up a lot of roleplaying opportunities.