Forums » Elder Scrolls

Greatest Battle You've Fought

• 89 posts
    November 22, 2013 5:02 PM EST

This stems from a fight I just had that was probably the best I've ever had in Skyrim. I'm not asking about boss battles necessarily, but just a fight that you enjoyed the most. Here's mine.

I was on my way and very close to Karthspire for the main questline in a character I've been running for a bit when all of a sudden I hear a dragon coming from behind me. I pull my horse under an overhang and avoid his flame breath, but still get lit on fire. Random encounter with a battlemage in steel plate. I dismounted and charged him, moving from cover to cover, while the blood dragon pulls to a hover a ways away. Once close enough, I use Yol to get a stagger at the same time as the dragon's shout explodes nearby. I charge in and kill the mage with a couple of slashes, but now I'm out of the cover of the cliff. With no ranged attack, I sprint across the bridge to find Delphine and Esbern. They join the fight, but the dragon gets attacked by the Forsworn and is grounded. At this point, we charge at the Forsworn, and I level a group with Unrelenting Force. We tear through them as they rise, then they split to attack the mage and archers on the spire as I clear the docks, then leap to attack and kill the Hagraven, who had been distracted by the crawling dragon, and easily kill her before turning to face a warrior and dropping him with shield blows and quick attacks. By this point, Delphine and Esbern have caught up, we climb the stairs to the forge and aided by Esbern's atronach, we surround and kill the final mage. Freaking awesome. 

• 61 posts
    November 22, 2013 5:13 PM EST

My best or greatest battle was on my first character, something like a heavily armoured witch-hunter character. I was sneaking around a Giant's camp at night when a dragon appeared, now I'm not sure if this happens to everyone but on my game when Giants become aggressive they don't just stop with the aggressor, they kill EVERYTHING that is not a giant or mammoth. So this dragon began circling and blasting at me, and because I was a weedy level 7 on my first playthrough I never thought of running or retreating back to the Whiterun stables (I was in Bleakwind) so I had to run around dodging Giants and shouts to get maybe 1 or 2 shots per minute on this dragon. Eventually I killed it but had to run away because of the Giants. I never actually got to loot the corpse or get the soul, the worst part was that was my first non-scripted dragon fight in the whole of Skyrim. Karthspire was also pretty epic, but it's too long to tell

• 41 posts
    November 22, 2013 5:40 PM EST
    My greatest battle was when I was by the shrine close to dragons bridge (I forgot what it was called) and I was a wood elf part of the dawn guard and a group of vamps attacked me and right when I was done, a dragon attacked me and after I did that a blood dragon and a normal dragon appeared and I beat them after a while, I'm pretty sure that was a glitch tho, that many dragons in the same area that fast