Forums » Elder Scrolls

Tamriel Conquest: Geography and Strategy

• 661 posts
    October 25, 2013 1:20 PM EDT

What? I had no clue. Where does it mention this.

• 856 posts
    October 25, 2013 1:36 PM EDT

I didn't know this (and I have strong doubts)  . Do you have a source (I can't find anything about Tosh Roka's death - it's certainly not mentioned in the wikis, nor does a google search help)? Is it lore (or fan-fiction)?

• 490 posts
    October 25, 2013 1:39 PM EDT

Lol. Wut.

• 856 posts
    October 25, 2013 1:43 PM EDT

But not having the ability certainly would prevent it from happening. Attempting to control the Khajiit would certainly back-fire...I don't think the dominion is that foolish.

• 856 posts
    October 25, 2013 1:45 PM EDT
  • October 25, 2013 1:46 PM EDT

Come on, buddy. 

• 661 posts
    October 25, 2013 2:06 PM EDT

I am still confounded by this. It doesn't say anywhere that he died. Shor your crazy man.

• October 25, 2013 2:19 PM EDT

I'm telling you, it's true. 

• Kuz
    • 18 posts
    October 25, 2013 2:28 PM EDT

Im pretty sure that Shor is trolling...

• 856 posts
    October 25, 2013 2:46 PM EDT

Do you have a source? If you don't, then it's not true. If you're trolling, I suggest you stop. (Site Rules).

• 490 posts
    October 25, 2013 2:48 PM EDT

No, it is not.

• 661 posts
    October 25, 2013 2:54 PM EDT

I thought deleting that would delete the other comments. Shor dont do what you are doing. This would have led off topic.

• 661 posts
    October 25, 2013 2:55 PM EDT

This is my honest opinion about this matter. Eventually Tosh Raka will have become the Emperor of all Akavir, and uniting the people of the continent under one flag. Someone catches word of this, and realizes that shit is about to hit the fans. It is only a matter of time when Tosh Raka will come, and he will. So by diplomacy or by conquest all the ruling factions of Tamriel (not sure who it would be) will be forced to unite against a common enemy. Redguards, and Altmer will wage sea warfare against the invading army. If any that do get passed them or find another way to get to Tamriel the first places they would likely anchor at will be Black Marsh, Morrowind (because of it's weakened state), or Solsthiem because it is so close to Skyrim.

Three races will probably play as the pawns, my guess it'd be Orcs, Bretons, and Nords. With reserve armies including Argonians and the Legion itself. Of course Tamriel's races will be stretched thin across the continent making things harder for them. The main front would possibly be the North, Northeastern part of Tamriel. The last three races Dunmer, Bosmer, and Khajiit will play as enforcers or as supporters to the main forces. Utilizing magic, and archery to it's fullest potential.

Morrowind would no doubt be sacrificed just like how the Tsaesci did to the Legion when they tried to invade Akavir. Seeing as how unstable the forecast is there, and not to mention how wretched the land is. So either they sail around these areas and meet up Redguard, and Altmeri naval forces. Or they sail North and meet up with Nordic, Orcish, and Breton resistance.

Either way I see this playing out as a Akavir vs Tamriel "war-card".

Sorry for the Repost.

• October 25, 2013 3:06 PM EDT

Ok, maybe I was making up things about Tosh Raka being dead. I don't know. I honestly made up the date and everything. I just wanted to see what would happen. Apparently, people flipped. 

But think about this, the fact that  we first heard about him hundreds of years ago, and nothing has been seen or heard from him since,( especially the beginning of this turbulent time in tamriel's history. The empire was at it's weakest. It was the perfect time to attack.) This absence of Akaviri contact  lead me to some theories. 

1) Akavir is still having problems. Tosh Raka has his hands full for centuries. 

2) He hasn't had contact with Tamriel for centuries, so he doesn't know.

3) He's incapable. 

4) He's dead. 

I personally think he is just a story. 

• 249 posts
    October 25, 2013 3:18 PM EDT
    What if The Beautiful weakened the Summerset Isles from the inside and the human races capitalized on the opportunity to bring the war to the Altmer first!!? Just thinking outside the box here.

Also, that Khajiit breeding theory is ridiculous. Haha :D
    • 856 posts
    October 25, 2013 4:19 PM EDT

@ Kane, I replied to your earlier post, but you deleted yours and reposted here - So I deleted my reply and reposted as well.

I had a similar idea with Akavir back in early Nov, 2011. Perhaps a scenario like this?

• 661 posts
    October 25, 2013 4:27 PM EDT

I read it the first time. It is similar to my idea, and I hope they do this Akavir vs Tamriel in the next game. However I dont see Khajiit and Ka Po' Tun getting along. It's like bringing a mountain lion to Africa. The other lions just won't like it.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    October 25, 2013 4:43 PM EDT

I actually see the Aldmeri Dominion taking High Rock through diplomacy and political alliance than outright invading. It's surrounded by hostile territory by land and shares a coastline with Hammerfell, invasion would be difficult and not very cost effective.

The priority should be Cyrodiil, and start it off by launching raiding parties of Khajiit through West Weald and Colovian Highlands with the intent of causing as much mischief as possible and get out of dodge before retaliation arrives. Then send a fleet up the Niben, set up blockades along the narrowest points of the river and put Leyawiin and Bravil under siege with Altmer holding the river and Khajiit/Altmer besieging the cities by land. So long as the river is held and their fleet outmatches the Imperials, Cyrodiil and the Imperial City is as good as theirs. Once the river is taken, use it as a staging ground for invading the rest of the province with reinforcements from Elsweyr and Valenwood.

I'm really not sure what the Altmer would do with the Dunmer, but while I don't see the Dunmer submitting, they aren't in a strong position to resist without the Imperials. With the political situation in Skyrim and Hammerfell, it'd be best to leave them alone and consolidate power for another 30 years after the conquest of Cyrodiil and reformulate the nest invasion.

• 1483 posts
    October 25, 2013 5:06 PM EDT

Interesting thought. But will High Rock even engage in diplomacy with the Dominion? They are a client state of the Empire after all. If such an alliance was possible I think there would've been a rebellion in High Rock with the Dominion as secret backers.

I too don't think that they would focus on Dunmer much. They have problems of their own and I think will try to stay away from the conflict.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    October 27, 2013 6:57 PM EDT

If the Dominion sweetened the deal enough with a promise of land and gold, they may as well come around. With the Empire in the state it's in and potentially getting worse, anyone who puts reason and wealth above honor and pride will be more interested in choosing the winning side.

The aftermath of the Skyrim Civil War is the deciding factor. If the Empire loses Skyrim, High Rock is geographically isolated and I see them welcoming the idea of treaties with the Dominion. If the Empire wins, they retain that land route with High Rock, but in either case it shows how weak the Empire and how fractured its provinces are.

Though now that you mention it, I am curious as to the political situation in High Rock. We haven't heard anything about them in Skyrim, so we don't really know if they favor the Empire or are more open minded to relations with Alinor.

• 1483 posts
    October 27, 2013 7:05 PM EDT

High Rock has always been a place for political instability and I'm sure there are nobles who support the Dominion. I doubt that the Dominion will be able to openly send emissaries to the High Rock if it's still a state of the Empire. Most likely the meetings will be held in secret. In any case there most likely will be bloodshed with Empire-minded nobles, but with the help of Dominion it will be swift 

• 55 posts
    October 27, 2013 7:32 PM EDT

Why would they not send emissaries to High Rock? They have them in Skyrim

• 1483 posts
    October 27, 2013 7:43 PM EDT
    These are more like enforcers. I think Thalmor sends their worst agents (in personality and competency alike) perhaps because of some failure. Not the best candidates for negotiating. I doubt they even have the right to negotiate...
    • 55 posts
    October 27, 2013 7:56 PM EDT

So the people at the thalmor embassy isnt emissaries? And I meant more like observers/position/spy.

Skyrim is tied to the empire- Thalmor have observers/embassy etc

Highrock is tied to the empire- Why would the Thalmor or the dominion not have a presence there?

I guess what i'm getting at is what is the difference if any, in status of Skyrim vs Highrock (in relation to the empire or Dominion)

• 1483 posts
    October 27, 2013 8:12 PM EDT
    Well, the difference is how the province population views the Dominion. Skyrim might be something like a punishment for a Thalmor politician - hostile people, cold weather, rebellion, a huge bunch of Talos worshipers... High Rock is somewhat moderate. What I wanted to say in my previous posts is that even if Thalmor high-ranking official negotiates with some noble openly, that noble will not be able to disclose their agreement for as long as High Rock is a state of Empire. If they do the'll be replaced. If they don't frequent visits of Thalmor officials to the nobles will arouse suspicion and the Dominion will lose the element of surprise. That's why I think the negotiations must be secret.