Forums » Elder Scrolls

Hey guys. whats the hardest class to play on Skyrim?

• 1 posts
    October 22, 2013 8:02 PM EDT

Basically is the hardest to build on any difficulty

• 1483 posts
    October 22, 2013 8:03 PM EDT

Depends on what you consider hard... 

• 1483 posts
    October 22, 2013 8:09 PM EDT

The hardest I have played was a sneaky non-killer thief with no perks at all. It was also the most enjoyable playthrough for me. 

• 108 posts
    October 23, 2013 6:03 AM EDT

I find pure warriors hardest, when they have no means to heal but food. ( I don't eat or drink while fighting)

• 1913 posts
    October 23, 2013 7:01 AM EDT
    Not really... I have almost never used crafting skills, and besides some BS moments when enemies one shot me, it isn't really hard... If it is hard to you, that is a sign that you use crafting supplies too much and are using it as a crutch... Take off the crutch, and learn how to walk.
    • 1913 posts
    October 23, 2013 7:14 AM EDT
    No, cause it is a dumb difficulty spike that is just lazy... You want a true difficulty spike? Make it so both the player and enemies hit things harder, but have the same amount of health and can take the same amount of damage, added to that, there are more enemies in one area... Metal Gear Rising did that, and it has one of the best difficulty spikes ever
    • 1913 posts
    October 23, 2013 7:14 AM EDT
    Adept/expert 4 life!!!
    • 1913 posts
    October 23, 2013 7:40 AM EDT
    Yeah I will!!! :P
    • 108 posts
    October 23, 2013 11:27 AM EDT

Agreed, I find Expert to be the most enjoyable level in that respect.

• 1483 posts
    October 23, 2013 11:34 AM EDT

You should  You will find that even one perk in Sneak makes you literally invisible to enemies. No Sneak perks is the most realistic for me  I was surprised to find how many perks that I considered mandatory are really excessive. Skill level gives you enough power 

• 70 posts
    October 23, 2013 11:35 AM EDT

If you're playing a melee/archery character, you can pretty much scale your damage to match any difficulty, for example, around 100 damage per hit is good for Expert. However, one of the problems is with magic in general - mages don't actually get any better as they level up, while their enemies do. 

I tend not to play as low as Adept, because I get carried away with taking perks and become incredibly overpowered. Even a simple steel sword with a few perks in One-Handed can kill a dragon in a couple shots on Adept, and that doesn't seem right, seeing as they're meant to be the "world-eaters".

• 739 posts
    October 23, 2013 11:50 AM EDT

I wouldn't go that far...

Once I'd played on master once I didn't look back, anything lower feels too easy, barely worth even thinking about my build...

At least on master I have to think a little more before engaging enemies to avoid death.

Legendary difficulty on the other hand doesn't sound much fun, you have to hit things a good few times to get them to drop on master, legendary must become a pain in the ass...

• 1483 posts
    October 23, 2013 11:56 AM EDT

DiD on Legendary is brutal but fun 

• 739 posts
    October 23, 2013 12:03 PM EDT

I think it also depends how you play...

I tend to avoid high elevations and bandit infested forts more on master difficulty. Certain caves are also deemed too dangerous to set foot in and I'll stay away...

The Rift is another area I'll steer away from until at least level 15+ usually. (Bear packs!)

I stick to paths and consider what quests I can handle much more carefully. Also pay close attention to my perks so I don't spread too thin until I have a solid base set-up.

• 70 posts
    October 23, 2013 12:09 PM EDT

Dangerous areas on Master also include anywhere where there is a boss-level enemy instead of a group of lower level ones. The worst thing about high difficulties is the Kill-cams, not the actual fighting. I think the game just deciding to kill you when you're in no danger of legitimate death is just stupid.

• 118 posts
    October 23, 2013 6:18 PM EDT
    At this point I find any difficulty under Master feels like cheating, there is no sense of risk or urgency for me and it gets boring. With that said I find playing a warrior to be difficult because my natural inclination is towards archery so fighting up close feels really claustrophobic. Playing as a squishy mage can be very difficult if you don't use conjuration/illusion, however if you use either of those it gets super easy I find.

As mentioned above, for a fun challenge try a no combat thief come dungeon runner (without abusing quicksave/load). Can be infuriating! P.S. The easiest, for me, has to be an assassin. For the most part it is incredibly simplistic and I always wince at YouTubers that act like it's difficult...particularily when most of them just abuse the quicksave system if they get caught. So easy, so boring.
  • October 24, 2013 6:58 AM EDT
    I'm good with Master unless there are frost mages/dragons (Elder+) >__< Considering that I'm RPing a lightly armoured knight (Who is slightly going stealthy) who always takes the good option in Daedric quests if there is one or walk away, So Spellbreaker is off the table...Having to use the shield of Ysgramor is cool and all but I am not a fan of still dieing to mages...
    • 856 posts
    October 24, 2013 12:16 PM EDT

I find most of the play styles easy, especially when combined with shouts.  I find the hardest is a non-dragon-born, non-combatant, non-magic-using, thief. Although I've played a few, I don't usually care to play thieves - preferring to play a more honest 'hero'.

Also I find the first few levels the hardest, but as I gain a few levels my chances of survival goes way up; I estimate about 80% of my dead characters died before reaching 10th level. I rarely lose a character after hitting level 20, and I've only lost a few (c. 3 ?) after 30th. Now I rarely lose a character, period, but that has to do with my knowledge and proficiency of a game that I've played for nearly two years. 

• 49 posts
    October 24, 2013 12:34 PM EDT

A  Orc thief who uses Warhammers, no perks, cloth armor and a shit load of Jewelry?

Nah, I have literally no idea but i guess you can try that...

• 95 posts
    November 24, 2013 8:41 AM EST

Each class can be hard and easy. A pure mage with enchanted gear that reduces casting cost of 2 schools of magic to 0 and the impact perk is unlocked it is easy even on Master (I had one, and I didn't finish the game because it got boring very soon). It's all about overpowering or not :)

• 104 posts
    November 24, 2013 10:33 AM EST
    Commoner.
  • November 24, 2013 10:46 AM EST

THE hardest class to play is a socially progressive khajiit.

• 104 posts
    November 24, 2013 11:10 AM EST
    Bi-polar menstrating argonian Mage? Those eggs must not sit well...
  • November 24, 2013 11:16 AM EST

Sounds like more complaining than anything else. seems like her problems are brought on herself. 

• 61 posts
    November 24, 2013 12:54 PM EST

Off the top of my head, I'd say a Bard is pretty hard to play. Especially because there isn't one defined or agreed upon skillset or armor type for a bard. If you play it the way I'd play it, you'd be using swords, staves, illusion, speech, alteration and perhaps alchemy. It's hard to do unless you get your illusion skill high enough early on.