Forums » Elder Scrolls

If you could create your own Faction in Skyrim...

• 13 posts
    October 19, 2013 3:48 PM EDT

Questions:

What would it be?

What Races would be allowed?

Where would it be based?

What skills does it use?

Does it relate to any current Non- Joinable NPC Groups in Skyrim?

Lore:

History Of The Faction:

Explanation of its Absence:

Which Divine/Daderic Prince does it Follow (If they do):

Previous Bases (If any):

Etc...

Feel free to add anything else to this list.

Please Note: This is for Fun and should not be taken seriously.

-Elyssius

• 365 posts
    October 19, 2013 3:59 PM EDT

Nice discussion...

Um...let's see....

Probably an Archer's Faction. We have Companions, but none for archers, solely. Hunters, Assassins etc. could join. It would be mostly Bosmer, with a few Redguards, Bretons, some Nords, and a handful of beast races.

They wouldn't have a worshiped deity, since the Faction revolves around weaponry...but if there was, probably an Elven deity....maybe Auriel...

It would be based in a cove in Vvardenfell. It wouldn't relate to any other factions, apart from being loosely 'friends with the Companions, and the Fighters Guild from Oblivion....

cba to write paragraphs of lore and history though  

• 13 posts
    October 19, 2013 4:03 PM EDT

An Archers Faction would be pretty sweet :) I personally love Archery as a skill and almost always try to make a character that uses that skill (Almost too much) and that's fine :P

• 641 posts
    October 19, 2013 4:12 PM EDT

An Alchemist Guild. A bunch of mad scientist style guys doing experiments in a tower somewhere, maybe affiliated with Julianos or something 

• 13 posts
    October 19, 2013 4:18 PM EDT

"A bunch of mad scientist style guys doing experiments in a tower."

Pokemon? xD.

• 1483 posts
    October 19, 2013 4:19 PM EDT

I second this! :) Shaun's comment!

• 159 posts
    October 19, 2013 4:59 PM EDT

I would make a knightish order . I would try teach warriors, mages and archers, to ride dragons and create a sort of dragon knight order who would accept all races who dedicated themselves to learning the guild's ways and true to the cause and to learn the ways and culture of dragons as to better connect with them and to understand them   . I guess the guild may worship akatosh  because he  has the most to do with dragons.

• 70 posts
    October 19, 2013 5:52 PM EDT

A mercenaries guild of sorts, sort of a cross between the Companions and the Dark Brotherhood, less bound by honor but not falling into "total evil" like the Brotherhood. There would be maybe 5 or 6 other members, all very different in their styles but all extremely skilled. They would also have unique backstories and personalities, making it a more RP-friendly faction.

The base would be a converted fort somewhere in the snowy regions of Skyrim, with its own smithy, mage's quarters, main hall, and a sleeping area. Fortification would be key, so there would be several towers and a pack of trained wolves patrolling the outside (something I think would fit these guys pretty well).

All races would be welcome, although I imagine them as consisting mainly of minority races, with a deep-voiced, badass Nord thrown in to complete the feel. Probably a lot of them would be outcasts from other factions, and the Mercenaries would have a contact in the Thieves Guild.

Quests for this faction would involve fort takeovers, assassinations and interceptions. For all the missions, you would have the option of taking along any number of existing Guild members, or having a go at it on your own. Rewards would be mainly in the form of unique equipment and skills training, and as you progressed through the quests, you would be able to take the mercenaries as permanent followers.

Sorry if this post is a bit long, I got kind of carried away (I should totally write a blog about this guild )

• 641 posts
    October 19, 2013 6:05 PM EDT

Well the Companions aren't THAT noble. I mean they do send you out on extortion missions.

• 1 posts
    October 20, 2013 1:38 PM EDT
    I would bring back the old Theives' Guild, the Robin Hoods. I hate how the new Theives Guild is, to be honest. Not much honor, they only worry about there guild, not the poor any more. So, I would make a guild based off them. They wouldn't be crazy evil, but they would help out. Any race welcome, but no killing of a person unless they wouldn't leave a poor man be. Still have Nocturnal as their deity, great at unarmed combat. Like I said, no killing of a person unless need be, but kick a douche's butt anytime.
    • 13 posts
    October 20, 2013 1:42 PM EDT

You should! Would love a guild like that in Skyrim!

• October 20, 2013 4:53 PM EDT

The Beast Clan (also known as The Tainted).

Only those tainted by a Daedra are seen as kin and therefore welcomed into the clan. Mainly consists of Orcs, Wood elves, Werewolves, Nords, Argonians and Khajiit. Those in the clan become allies to trolls, giants, wolves, sabre cats, spriggans + other wild beasts.

Based deep underground in a large cavern with a couple entrances in the middle of a forest of thick trees.

Skills used are generally melee types (either dual wield or two handed, shields are defensive and as beasts they are all offense) Also claws/unarmed/beast form and some archery. However, magic is generally feared among them.

They have ties within the Companions and are just as honourable and loyal, however they have completely accepted their feral nature and are very open about their Daedra worship. They are archenemies with the Vigilant of Stendarr and specifically target them when they hunt in groups. They kill for food and occasionally sport but never maliciously or coldly (like the DB), except the Vigilant of course. They support the Stormcloaks as they fear Imperial rule over their forests and relish an uprising. A few members of the clan also act as guardians for the coven of Namira.

The clan has been in hiding due to the threat of the Thalmor and the civil war but they see the return of the Dragons as a sign of bestial dominance and so are encouraged to emerge and challenge their enemies.

They worship Hircine primarily along with Malacath, Namira and loosely Boethiah

The leader of the clan (or alpha wolf hehe) wears Hircine's ring.

• 41 posts
    October 20, 2013 5:58 PM EDT

I would make a clan of witch/hagraven hunters. It would allow anyone who hates the misuse of magic. The main hq would be in maybe Valenwood, since to wood elfs magic is a big no no in valenwood, or the summerset isles since that's the big magic place so there's probably a lot of misuse of it. The main skills would be, any fighting skill depending on the person, alchemy, enchanting, smithing, light armor, and restoration. This group of people would be allies with dawnguard, vigilants, and the college, because the 1st 2 are really similar, and the college is about the right use of magic and theres a chance that theyll know where the people mis using it is, itll allow any of the divines, but no daedra

• 127 posts
    October 20, 2013 6:23 PM EDT

I'd love to include a monastic faction; kind of a cross of the Greybeards and the bards college, if you will.  Not quest-line focussed, but chocker-block full with radiant quests.  Joinable by praying at a shrine of each divine and being contacted by courier with an invitation to a meeting of believers united by a cause to cleanse the land of evil spirits.

I'm imagining less of a quest-line for the group, but a load of radiant quests.  Cleanse a home of a ghost, convince a heretic to believe, locate an artefact of the divines, to name a few.  It would also be a guild that has requirements to remain in the guild.  Make a pilgrimage to each of the shrines every month or face losing the privilege of being in the guild.  Given who this guild is, it would make sense to have this condition.

It welcomes all, but is home to a trio of imperial sisters, a former breton vigilant and an orc healer (who trains in restoration) already.  One radiant quest would be to seek out others to recruit and bring them in to the fold, and thus opening more quests to complete.

This is as an antidote to the usual 'go here, get this, kill this' type of thing that is everywhere.  Peachy and preachy, instead of stabby and grabby.

• 116 posts
    October 20, 2013 9:27 PM EDT
    A Druidic faction that reveres nature in every form. They would mostly worship the Aedra, mainly Akotosh and Y'ffre but also accept worshippers of Hircine. These Druids would only kill animals for need and protect Nirn at all costs. They look down on necromancy and all evil beings. The benefits from joining this guild would let you have access to nature based destruction alteration and conjuration spells (stone spike, vine rune ((stagger)), conjure spriggan, etc.), and more transformations (were bear, were spider, were sabercat, etc.)
  • October 20, 2013 9:33 PM EDT

A group of doctors using whatever techniques that are at their disposal. Alchemy, Restoration, Alteration, Enchanting, Necromancy, and possibly Vampirism. With those skills combined, death itself is held at bay.