Forums » Elder Scrolls

Imperial scum

• 1483 posts
    October 1, 2013 7:08 PM EDT

You know, I still need to read Vix's article on them...  Though I agree, their cooperation was what made Redguards beat the Dominion during the Great War 

• 116 posts
    October 1, 2013 7:09 PM EDT
    You're right I was too quick to jump down seyds throat lol it was waffles that said they don't have heavy armor. I was just stating that they clearly do. Don't get me wrong I like nords but am in no way a stormcloak fanboy, I've sided with both ulfric and the empire on different playthroughs, some characters find no reason to join the war at all. I am a TES fanboy however this game is what you make of it
    • 966 posts
    October 1, 2013 7:10 PM EDT

And no wonder, the skill of the Redguards combined with Colovian tactics and discipline would crush anything.

• 167 posts
    October 1, 2013 7:11 PM EDT

Except...wait for it..The Mongols Orcs. 

• 966 posts
    October 1, 2013 7:13 PM EDT

Yup, this game gives people a lot of questions, and very little answers. Can't complain about it though, it can lead to good discussion.

• 116 posts
    October 1, 2013 7:13 PM EDT
    Also there is a civil war mod i would like to explore if I was a pcer that adds storm cloak heavy armor as well as multiple other features that Bethesda dropped the ball on in the civil war questline
    • 48 posts
    October 1, 2013 7:14 PM EDT

That tyrant was killed by vikings thank you

• 966 posts
    October 1, 2013 7:15 PM EDT

The lack of Imperial heavy armour was a let down. In Oblivion, Imperial ''light infantry'' wore Legion heavy armour, and now only special NPC's had heavy armour.

I guess it was mainly to balance it out a bit, because, while the Stormcloaks would sure use heavy armour, it wouldn't be as widespread or as good as that of the Imperials.

• 966 posts
    October 1, 2013 7:17 PM EDT

He still threw you in a pit of snakes.

Harold Godwinson finished the rest. Well, untill the Normans shot an arrow through his eye.

• October 1, 2013 7:20 PM EDT
    *Cough* Warrior Wave.
    • 116 posts
    October 1, 2013 7:24 PM EDT
    And there would be archers and other regiments that'd wear imperial light armor in the legion if Skyrim was reality. They probably did that so like you said, to balance the game out.

Just a random fact about earths sword swinging era, hardly anyone except the nobles wore heavy armor because nobody could afford to buy plated armors. I read that buying a full set of plated armor then was like buying a maserati today. I know for sure I can't afford a maserati right now haha
    • 966 posts
    October 1, 2013 7:32 PM EDT

Aye, plate armour was rare. However, heavy mail was not and is surely to be considered heavy armour.

Venice and Milan both had a lot of people wealthy enough to go into war with plate armour.

• 622 posts
    October 1, 2013 7:34 PM EDT

I agree. No one is that stupid... Or are they?

• 116 posts
    October 1, 2013 7:35 PM EDT
    Yes that's what I meant was plated armors
    • 622 posts
    October 1, 2013 7:37 PM EDT

True point :P I am still learning the lore of the Elder Scrolls, so my arguments might seem a bit rusty, but at least I have the brainpower to research facts instead of dragging a dead sheep through mud

• 360 posts
    October 1, 2013 8:25 PM EDT
    Ill have to defend the nords on this one, remember the night of tears?
    • 360 posts
    October 1, 2013 8:27 PM EDT
    Deadra shemeadra, sithis is the one true god
    • 229 posts
    October 1, 2013 10:24 PM EDT

Actually, crazy doesn't beat everything, Jyggalag for example, was the Daedric prince of Order, and because he was so damn intelligent and dangerous all the daedra had to put a curse on him. Besides, if an insane Nord tries to beat the hell out of a huge Orc, what do you think would happen? I imagine the Orc beating the living shit out of him, and Orcs aren't one of my favorite races, so this just me thinking rationally.

• 229 posts
    October 1, 2013 10:25 PM EDT

True fact

• 229 posts
    October 1, 2013 10:29 PM EDT

Well, I honestly think that the only group that couldn't destroy the nords present time would be the dunmer, but just because they were severely weakened. Redguards would win against just about every group except for the maybe the Argonians, that would be a stalemate based on tactics, and geography of their provinces. The Aldmeri Dominion is sorta of a fuzzy area, because they're locked in a stalemate, but they're not the dominion's only target they have a lot of troops there, but definitely not all of them.

• 229 posts
    October 1, 2013 10:37 PM EDT

I'm not profiling, I'm talking based on what you see in Skyrim. Besides, I'm talking about the general populace and armies. Not one Stormcloak I've ever seen wears heavy armor, and the Nordic Carved armor is mostly used on Solstheim, in Skyrim, very rarely Bandit chiefs wear them. As for high elves using magic, it's not because they're a magic wielding race, but because every single High Elf I've fought, even if they use melee, use some form of magic. Their Ability to regenerate magic makes sense, the Redguards adrenaline rush makes sense, the Orc's Berserker mode makes sense, the only two that don't are Battle Cry, and Voice of the Emperor.

• 229 posts
    October 1, 2013 10:38 PM EDT

That's just trying to insult me right there

• 229 posts
    October 1, 2013 10:42 PM EDT

I never said you couldn't do that, I never said Races are restricted by their strong suits. I don't find anything wrong with Mace wielding Elves, or Magic using Orcs, but I'm talking about the majority. And besides, Breton rangers aren't that rare actually

• 229 posts
    October 1, 2013 10:46 PM EDT

True that my friend, that's one of the best things about TS, that you can do what you want. As for jumping down my throat, you were just stating your opinion, and compared to a lot of other people in the world, you were pretty light. No insane amounts of cussing, or threats of violence like some people in the world. The thing I like most about the blog is having discussions, with people presenting different views. Honestly, I get where you're coming from with your comments, I just (Like Alduin stated,) didn't present what I thought clearly enough.