Forums » Elder Scrolls

Imperial scum

• 26 posts
    September 30, 2013 8:23 PM EDT
    Idc what all you say All HAIL THE STORMCLOAKS TGE TRUE SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF SKYRIM and may Talos bless u all
    • 360 posts
    September 30, 2013 8:29 PM EDT
    Quiet rat, us ravens are trying to have a civilized conversation, and if you are not here to tell me what sound the fox makes then begone
    • 47 posts
    September 30, 2013 8:30 PM EDT
    So what I'm hearing is.. Hail Sithis!
    • 360 posts
    September 30, 2013 8:31 PM EDT
    Hail Sithis...
    • 557 posts
    September 30, 2013 8:36 PM EDT

TheSkyrimBlog's one and only Listener: Emer Dareloth 

• 47 posts
    September 30, 2013 8:52 PM EDT
    Oooooh yeees the lisssstener, Cicero is very pleased with your decision.
    • 360 posts
    September 30, 2013 9:01 PM EDT
    Well now we have a keeper, i guess the only position left for me is a speaker, fine then, ill gag and bind this mindless nord so the keeper can drive him insane and the listener cut him into pieces
    • 557 posts
    September 30, 2013 9:06 PM EDT

I'd actually have to give the "Keeper" title to Percival Black. I'm almost positive that he actually IS Cicero.

• 152 posts
    September 30, 2013 10:29 PM EDT

Not to mention his horrible spelling 

• 152 posts
    September 30, 2013 10:35 PM EDT

Nordic culture is a shadow of it's former glory. They abhor the usage of magic, and threaten to tear apart the Empire forged by their god king!?!

As a Breton, I fully support the Empire, my spells and my sword draw Stormcloak blood for the Emperor!

• 26 posts
    September 30, 2013 10:42 PM EDT
    How dare u tell me to be gone when this discussion is mine and plus we all know u all are threatened by us Stormcloaks
    • 26 posts
    September 30, 2013 10:45 PM EDT
    How dare you insult the first dragonborn
  • September 30, 2013 10:48 PM EDT

I'm just gonna ask what makes you think the Stormcloaks can do against the Thalmor. I think the Stormcloaks are destined to fall apart on their own anyway (Ulfric is a terrible leader) but really, what could they do vs. the Aldmeri Dominion? At least the whole Empire DID end up winning, which I doubt Skyrim alone can.

I mean, barring the fact that whichever side wins has a Dragonborn. But hell, the Elves can just wait until Ulfric and the Dragonborn have died of old age; they have plenty lifespan with which to stall. Then they can reclaim their rightful place as rulers of Tamriel, and as a side effect, living conditions will probably get universally better once they conquer the whole continent (Black Marsh included; I have faith in the magicks). Go Dominion!

Ohz noes, I gotted all srs, sorreh gais. lol, Talos is 4 coolz, go Stormpire! The Thalcloaks and Emloar sux terribad.

• 26 posts
    September 30, 2013 10:49 PM EDT
    My android wont let me
  • September 30, 2013 11:17 PM EDT
    I didn't insult Miraak, though he was a rather flat character, in my opinion. I insulted the warmongering slaver known as Tiber Septim.
    • 47 posts
    September 30, 2013 11:21 PM EDT
    Please do me a favor and get your lore together. Tiber Septum was not the first Dragonborn but was the first Dragonborn emperor. Mirrak was the first dragonborn.
  • September 30, 2013 11:25 PM EDT

"Gawsh, I hate the Empire, go Stormies!"

1 second later: "Hey, don't make fun of the guy who built up the Empire!"

Then again, that's a problem I've been having with the Stormcloaks and their Talos BS since day one, so I guess this is nothing new.

• September 30, 2013 11:43 PM EDT

The Stormcloaks are much more legitimate than many of this site's members give them credit for, but come now. The Argonian master race laughs at the Nords, and I say this as the person whose profile pic is Ulfric Stormcloak himself. Plus, the Stormcloaks have some great things going for them, but subterfuge is not one of them. I don't think you'll have much luck destroying the Dark Brotherhood with people like Emer and Soneca on its side :/

Anyway, allegiances are a nothing more than a character tool anyway. I laugh at the sight of people taking it quite so seriously, though admittedly, it is a fun topic to debate which group is the best to serve for the preservation and implementation of positive societal aspects and political power. I appreciate the Stormcloaks' lack of giving a flying eff about what other people think; being able and willing to ruffle some feathers is extremely useful on the country-level playing field if you can avoid getting assassinated. Ulfric seems to be the intelligent sort not to go to war over basic disagreements with others when there's nothing to be gained for it. /s

Though speaking of assassinations... Whoops, there goes the Emperor... Hail Sithis, perhaps, but I'm really leaning towards hail the Hist-type thinking. Soon all of Tamriel will be brought to justice beneath the glitchy tails and scaly feet of the Argonians...

• 622 posts
    October 1, 2013 1:45 AM EDT

Anddddddddd this is why I hate Stormcloak fanboys. Have got no sense of argument whatsoever.

• 116 posts
    October 1, 2013 2:13 AM EDT
    Nordic Carved armor? Ancient nord armor? Both are heavy armors.
    Y'all are dumb if you think just because nords get a bonus to warrior skills that's what they have to be. I've made nord thieves and yes, nord mages and yes they have been successfully characters.
  • October 1, 2013 2:25 AM EDT

Preach it, brother! Nords are fine anythings, especially with the improved system Skyrim offers. And passive cold resistance along with the ability to make opponents run in terror is perhaps even more useful for a mage than a warrior.

Never tried a Nord thief, but that's probably because "Nord Thief" isn't enough for me to build a real character off of. Maybe I'll come up with a good roleplaying build involving being a Nord thief... Hm...

But yeah. Nord versatility for the win! Same appreciation I wish some people had for Nords siding with the Empire, but that's a discussion for another time.

• October 1, 2013 2:32 AM EDT

Unfortunately, due to the fanboys of which you speak, the Stormcloaks are heavily misrepresented and not fully evaluated... Often to my sadness. Frankly, Stormcloak supporter has become synonymous with whiny, stereotyping, and unintelligent nationalist, something which desperately needs changing.

But yes, I agree, it's frustrating trying to have a discussion with people who go about "supporting" the Stormcloaks in a manner such as the OP. And it's considered such a cliched and dretched topic that it's difficult to have a rational debate about it without one group of people coming in to say "Nu this is old news stfu" and another group saying "ermehgerd illogical factions support based on derp+derp=derp^2", It appears we have an agreement in fundamentals on some level.

• 622 posts
    October 1, 2013 6:12 AM EDT

I don't really have a side, but I did pick the Stormcloaks with nearly most of my Argonians. I think what they stand for is awesome (plus Ulfric's voic eis cool :P) but I can't side with them after hearing all the 'Slyrim is for the Nords!' garbage

• 26 posts
    October 1, 2013 7:42 AM EDT
    True Nords took skyrim from the elves in the third age but I look at it like this if every other race has land to call their own we deserve skyrim home of the nords the elves have somewhere else they can go
    • 966 posts
    October 1, 2013 12:24 PM EDT

I believe Skyrim became independent during the second century of the first era..

Anyway yeah, the Nords held Skyrim by right of conquest, as good a right as any during most time periods. That is the same right by wich the Empire now holds Skyrim, meaning the Nord homeland might as well belong to the Imperials.