Forums » Elder Scrolls

Intervention

• 1913 posts
    September 16, 2013 9:07 PM EDT
    Every now and then, there is a thing that a person will do over and over and over again be it consciously or subconsciously. It becomes a sort of ritual for them, which can lead them to becoming addicted to it if they do not do it on a specific character. For an example, some people love enchanting WAY too much, to the point that every character they play, has to use enchanting... Even if there is no reason whatsoever for them to use it... If you wish to vent and seek healing, simply confess your ailment and we will start a program to help you. For example, let's take a young lad named... Well, we'll leave him anonymous. Alright sir, whenever you're ready... Uh... Hi... My name is ****... And I am a Seranaholic. I... *stifles some tears* sorry... I... Constantly pair her and one of my characters in a romantic way in my mind or... Fan fiction! *cries* I need help!!!
    • 365 posts
    September 16, 2013 9:10 PM EDT

This has got to be the WEIRDEST discussion ever.....

• 1913 posts
    September 16, 2013 9:12 PM EDT
    It is meant to admit to addiction, come brother, confess and feel purified!
    • 1913 posts
    September 16, 2013 9:15 PM EDT
    It was an idea me and kynareth came up with when she said I-... I mean... My friend! Is addicted to serana, and we tried to think of little addictions in the game that were funny.
    • 185 posts
    September 16, 2013 9:20 PM EDT
    I...always steal things...even in lawful good characters,i just can't leave the item there! i really need the this,and nobody is looking (or care) i... sorry,but i can't just leave what i want there if nobody cares about it!
    • 1913 posts
    September 16, 2013 9:30 PM EDT
    It is ok young brother/sister/creature with no set gender, join us, and we will help your kleptomania
    • 10 posts
    September 16, 2013 9:40 PM EDT

I hoard food. Any food I see I will pick it up, as well as mead and wine. Cheese Wheels and full bread is my favourite.

• 249 posts
    September 16, 2013 9:47 PM EDT
    It's hard to..talk about..but I.. I HAVE to murder the guards at Northwatch Keep! i don't know why *sobs* they are just asking for it!
    • 622 posts
    September 16, 2013 10:29 PM EDT

Hi, my name is Tae-Rai and I'm a cheese-addict. I... I just can't help myself, cheese is so yummy! 

• 291 posts
    September 16, 2013 11:24 PM EDT

I collect books.  Even if my character doesn't read, can't read, or would like to establish a book burning.  I collect books.  All of them.  I want every last volume in the game in my personal library.  It's quite immersion-breaking sometimes, but, there it is.  That's the one thing I do on every character I've ever made.

Of course, I'm sure that comes as no surprise to any of you.  Apocryhpa, after all, would be my undoing.  We all know this.  I'd be like them...the seekers with tentacles on their faces.  Like they're trying to impersonate Zoidberg or Cthulu and are failing miserably.

• 1913 posts
    September 16, 2013 11:28 PM EDT
    I am guilty of this to... And I have no idea why... Most i do not read, be it because lack of interest or i get distracted by something shiny
    • 153 posts
    September 16, 2013 11:37 PM EDT

I have a confession.... I... I kill everyone that makes a bad remark to my characters.

It was fun at first.... killing nazeem with my barefists then his wife with a petty steal dagger.... but then it got out of control and I've killed half of the civilians in whiterun hold!

This habit is spreading all over skyrim and now I have about a 10,000 septim bounty in every hold...

The worst part is that I am (well was) playing a helpful crusader!!!

• 622 posts
    September 16, 2013 11:52 PM EDT

I dothis too... Worst part is though, it's with a blind character ._.

• 13 posts
    September 17, 2013 5:57 AM EDT

...This is hard... i don't think i have any addiction.

• 1483 posts
    September 17, 2013 7:58 AM EDT
    I worked that out :) First I started to focus only on skill books. Then, when I learned of the Dragonborn black book power I started to leave them to come back later. Now I don't pick them up at all. Though the fact that I've read about 90% of them does help :)
    • 1483 posts
    September 17, 2013 8:05 AM EDT
    There is something that is present in all my characters... Nirnroot! That plant, I'm fascinated by it, the sound it emits, the soft glow, the alchemical properties of it (it fills like a crime using it in potions!). And the Crimson Nirnroot...! All of my characters collect every Nirnroot plant they come across, even if they are far from being alchemists.
    • 140 posts
    September 17, 2013 12:03 PM EDT

Ha Vazgen!  Nirnroot can be so hard to resist for me, too!  Part of me wants to pull it simply to stop that noise that eats into my brain and would drive me insane very quickly if I ever had a Nirnroot farm!  

• 1483 posts
    September 17, 2013 12:06 PM EDT

LOL, three of my characters married Avrusa Sarethi and were living on a Nirnroot farm! 

• 1913 posts
    September 17, 2013 12:07 PM EDT
    Nirroot have a sound they emit? I thought Vazgen just hit too much skooma :P
    • 140 posts
    September 17, 2013 12:09 PM EDT

Sweetrolls.  They are like miniature works of art...the golden brown crust, the frosting dripping down just perfectly.  I compulsively buy them all, no matter what character I am playing.  I will even wait until people leave the room and steal them.  They are a temptation that I cannot resist.  Yet I hoard them, eating them only after a particularly tough battle or resolution to a quest.  Luckily characters do not gain weight in Skyrim!  

• 140 posts
    September 17, 2013 12:11 PM EDT

Wow, the appeal of Nirnroot is so strong that it dictates your marital choice!   I think this is coming close to matching the intensity of Bryn's obsession with Serana!  

• 1483 posts
    September 17, 2013 12:12 PM EDT

You didn't hear that enthralling sound?? It's... poetry!!! 

• 1483 posts
    September 17, 2013 12:13 PM EDT

Nah, I can't hope to achieve the same level of obsession! 

• 1913 posts
    September 17, 2013 12:15 PM EDT
    Hey! That is my friend! Not me :P
    • 1913 posts
    September 17, 2013 12:15 PM EDT
    Nope...