Forums » Elder Scrolls

Pick a Race

• 10 posts
    September 15, 2013 3:19 AM EDT

Im sure this has been done before but I'm new here so lets just pretend shall we? Im interested in what race you would want to be and why? Also I'd like to know what race do other people think you would be and why? Personally I've always picked Orc or Khajit but I've always felt those were very typical answers; reason for me asking you.

• 622 posts
    September 15, 2013 3:40 AM EDT

My favorite race is Arogonian, but I'm not sure I would survive as one :P Plus female Argonians are ugly... :S (No offense to any female female Argonian players, I just think they look ohrrible.)

I would probably either be a Bosmer, becauser I like meat, or a Khajiit, because they don't look too bad.

• 10 posts
    September 15, 2013 4:03 AM EDT

I really enjoy the Argonians as well, and no they don't I mean come on...have you ever read the "Lusty Argoinian Maid?" ;)

• 622 posts
    September 15, 2013 5:29 AM EDT

That's not really a valid argument since there is no pictures in the book :P

They're necks are too thin, they have boobs (big no-no in my book), crappy horn selection (which I have fixed with a mod)and they look like they haven't eaten in a month.

• 10 posts
    September 15, 2013 12:12 PM EDT

OK TURE! HOWEVER! IN OBLIVION DEY WAS AWLRIGHT 

• 159 posts
    September 15, 2013 3:15 PM EDT

I would love to be either cathay raht Khajiit because they are really big guys  or giant talking tiger which I think is a senche  raht Khajiit! if not that I would be a altmer!

• 91 posts
    September 15, 2013 4:34 PM EDT

Favorite race is Argonian like Tae-Rai, but I too wouldn't want to actually be one. Not because their women are ugly (which is subjective and I don't agree), but because I just don't think I could live in their culture. From most accounts Argonian life in Black Marsh seems tough and dangerous, and I'm pretty squishy and weak lol.

I'd say I'd want to be an Altmer for the super long lifespan and because their culture seems to value people who are thinkers over doers which would suit me just fine.

It's funny that you also asked what other people would think you were because one of my friends actually has already done this. According to him I'm a Breton which makes sense. I'm hot blooded at times and very opinionated which are human characteristics in the Elder Scrolls universe, but I'm also more inclined to think about something before acting and prefer to use brain over brawn to solve problems. It also helps that I kinda look more like a Breton irl lol.

• 69 posts
    September 15, 2013 5:33 PM EDT

Dunmer reporting. There's nothing better than being a Telvanni Wizard Lord who has people throwing themselves at their feet. Also, I'd just enjoy going and seeing the beauty that is Vardenfell with my own eyes. That would be amazing.

• 622 posts
    September 15, 2013 6:14 PM EDT

I haven't really played Oblivion much but I'll take your word for it :P

• 249 posts
    September 15, 2013 10:52 PM EDT
    #dunmermasterrace
    • 622 posts
    September 15, 2013 11:34 PM EDT

I haven't played as a Dumner yet but they're still one of my favourite races. I blame Dragonborn....

• 89 posts
    September 16, 2013 12:09 AM EDT

Redguard for the win. Very interesting culture, talented warriors, and a little bit of everything in the way of skills.

• 15 posts
    September 16, 2013 2:03 PM EDT

Dunmer for obvious reasons 

• 159 posts
    September 16, 2013 4:08 PM EDT

KHAJIIT!

• 360 posts
    September 16, 2013 5:00 PM EDT
    Imperial, i look like one irl, i dont have any wish to change my hair, eyes or skin color, and imo its just the best race all around, i really love the roman look to it. And pardon me, but if you go deep into it i dont think orcs and khajit are very typical awser to a question like this... Well khajit maybe, there are a lot of furry aficionados out there...
  • September 16, 2013 5:08 PM EDT
    Redguard, of course. Especially if I get to become an Ansei (talking about a real master race).
    • 10 posts
    September 16, 2013 5:20 PM EDT

I completely agree that they're typical haha but I've honestly always enjoyed the Khajit culture dont just like them because of they look like kittens :3 Likewise for the Orcimer, I can relate to they're pride and the fact that they're seen as outcasts. I like the fact that they stand out among the mer, they're strong smart and amazing warriors, not to mention they're tall like me. My choice that Isnt typical is the Bosmer. Other than that people see me as a Nord. Tall, strong, proud, arrogant, confident and all that crap.

• 10 posts
    September 16, 2013 5:27 PM EDT

People relate me to a Nord because I'm tall and wide. I want to be a race that uses brain like the Breatons so I agree with you there, however I also want to pick a race that values physical strength so basically I want a mixture of both and honestly most of the races in TES are.

• 10 posts
    September 16, 2013 5:31 PM EDT

ALSO I agree that not choosing Argonian because of their women is subjective if it is the only reason. I don't necessarily believe the Orsimer women are the most attractive but I'd still love to be one.

• 360 posts
    September 16, 2013 5:35 PM EDT
    Oh i thought the choice was just based on looks, my awser does not change tough, i do act like a typical imperial merchant, always trying to talk my way out of problems with my silver toungue while thinking of a possible solution to the scenario if that does not work
    • 360 posts
    September 16, 2013 5:38 PM EDT
    Do you look like one irl matt? What country are yo from?
  • September 16, 2013 5:43 PM EDT
    I don't look like one. I most resemble probably a Nibenese Imperial (lighter skin if pretty tan, brown hair, and not very bulky) and that's probably what I would actually be. *To clarify: Redguard is just what I would want to be. I'd likely be a Nibenese, which wouldn't too bad either.
    • 1483 posts
    September 16, 2013 5:44 PM EDT

I see myself as a Breton. I have affinity for Alchemy and science (magic, for example) the skills they have boosts in, I prefer diplomacy to fighting much like them as well. For looks I'm not like them, I guess. I'm tall and slim with pale skin color. My hair are dark, so I think that makes me a quite atypical Nord (*shudders*).

• 10 posts
    September 16, 2013 5:48 PM EDT

Hahaha, I agree with you like the other guy but I want a race that has a good mixture of both really, brain and brawn, diplomacy and war, magic and steel, so what race would be optimal for that? I would assume Imperial which I wouldn't mind being anyway.

• 490 posts
    September 16, 2013 5:51 PM EDT

I would want to be a Redguard. The culture and history is awesome and just has been my favorite race since I started playing Elder Scrolls games.

Not sure what I would say I look like. Nord maybe.