Forums » Elder Scrolls

Who Ya Playing As?

• 622 posts
    September 9, 2013 4:24 AM EDT

Figured it would be a cool to not only tell everyone who you playing as but share their story as well! Below is a quick presentation guide.

SCREENSHOT GOES HERE.
    i. Name
    ii. Current Level
    iii. Class
    iv. Backstory

Discuss, show off and enjoy everyone's characters!

(I'll post mine as soon as pull screenshots off my desktop :P)

• 21 posts
    September 9, 2013 7:38 AM EDT

*I'm playing on ps3 so no screenshot*

I. Nuralin

II. 7

III. Nightingale swordsman (thanks to ponty)

IV. As Nuralin was born with less magical knowledge than his peers, he prefered hiding in the shadows as he got bullied with it. He was a Altmer though, so he used his little magic skills to train in illlussion. He learned to trick the bullies away from him. He also found a sword one day, and trained with it to have at least some form of self-defence. One day he heard a rumor of the legendary nightingales, servers of the dark, and masters in stealth. Nuralin got interested. On his way to Skyrim, he met a certain man. He said he was to join the thieves guild of skyrim, as they were closely connected to nocturnal. With this man he travelled, until one day they got ambushed. Because the man fought back, the imperials slit his throat and took Nuralin captive. 

• 21 posts
    September 9, 2013 7:42 AM EDT

Very bad backstory. This is not a roleplaying character so i kept it simple.

• 622 posts
    September 9, 2013 7:48 AM EDT

You can still get screenshots, they'll just be photos of your screen instead :P I did it when I played on PS3 and Xbox 360

• 21 posts
    September 9, 2013 7:51 AM EDT

Yeah i know but it wasn't so important anyway because it was just an elf wearing some shitty armour at this point :)

• 21 posts
    September 9, 2013 7:52 AM EDT

a very mysterious picture as well

• 622 posts
    September 9, 2013 9:05 AM EDT

i. Rai-Kae

ii. Level 32

iii. Necromage

iv. Rai-Kae was born into a tribe in the Black Marsh that believed white skin = Bad luck. So the albino and near-blind hatchling was abandoned but was fortunately found by a Breton sorcerer who raised him and taught him the magical arts. After his death, Rai-Kae journeyed to Skyrim and began living a peaceful life... Until his twin brother, Tae-Rai, found him. Now they live together in the DB Sanctuary and fight daily xD

• 409 posts
    September 9, 2013 8:45 PM EDT
    i. Viras Telvayn
    ii. 9
    iii. Telvanni ash/fire mage

iv. Viras has lived a pretty lackluster life as a farmer. He was taken in as a child after his parents died and the only knowledge he has of had of his family was their last name: Telvayn. Viras had wished for a more eventful and purposeful life but could not seem to find the life that interested him. Viras at one point visits an old library (reading is one of his passtimes) and comes apon an old journal written by a man named Falas Telvayn (my Morrowind character) and learns that he is decended from a long line of master wizards. Viras now realizing that he may have found a purpose in life begins to practice magics and although it becomes clear that he has natural talent it is also clear that he needs guidance. It epecially becomes clear when he tries summoning a scamp and it turns on him leaving a scar on his nose and chin (he then grows a beard to cover it up). Viras knowing that magic is his calling but also knowing that he needs training decides to go to Skyrim and study at the college of Winterhold. Viras grows more and more cocky and arrogant as his abilities grow much like the Telvanni wizards of old and as he will discover of present as well.
    • 622 posts
    September 10, 2013 9:31 AM EDT

Here's my first OC character, Tae-Rai (yes, my user-name, lol). Don't have any current screenshots of him, so just pretend in this one he is a brown, bulky Argonian with awesome spikes xD

i. Tae-Rai

ii. 62? I think...

iii. Was sneaky-archer-stabby, now a brutal heavy-armored, axe-swingin' badass (Legendary Skills ftw!)

iv. Tae-Rai was a solider for the Black Marsh until he was honorably discharged after a crippling injury to his face. He wandered into Skyrim, seeking work but was captured and framed as a rebel. He joined the rebels and became a hero to most of Skyrim before he fell in with some thieves and assassins. He now spends his days being a Speaker for the Brotherhood while adventuring with his close friend and Listener of the DB, Do'Rahzha and keeping his necromancer twin brother, Rae-Kai, in line...

• 69 posts
    September 10, 2013 6:34 PM EDT

Vanryth

Level 12. Long Blade, Medium armor, Alteration, Mysticism, and Speechcraft are major skills. I don't remember. I made this a while back and only recently resumed. I'm also taking a break from Skyrim. Recently I've added some texture mods to make armor, weapons, and creatures to look better.

• 69 posts
    September 10, 2013 6:35 PM EDT

Is that a picture of a face or cauldron?

• 409 posts
    September 10, 2013 6:38 PM EDT
    I have been playing a telvanni mage in Morrowind recently. I havent played long enough to know if my character is that great or not but so far he is a conjurer in the mages guild and a mouth in house telvanni and only level 1. I also take breaks from Skyrim with Oblivion and Morrowind.
    • 69 posts
    September 10, 2013 8:12 PM EDT

I'm also doing a Telvanni Wizard, and I got to say I love poping levitation and hurling fireballs at my enemies. Vanryth of House Redoran is my main, with my Telvanni Wizard as a secondary. The wizard has goals such as finding all daedric armor and obtaining the legendary tool sunder.

• 622 posts
    September 10, 2013 8:57 PM EDT

I will be trying the Telvani wizard build for my next character after I finished playing with my Necromancer (see above). I have actually never played my copy of Morrowind (stupid xbox 360 won't run it) so it makes me sad that I won't be able to properly play it :(

• 69 posts
    September 10, 2013 9:05 PM EDT

Almost all PC's can play it. If you have access to a PC you see if you could obtain it, but you should make sure you have the specs for it, although most PC's do.

• 409 posts
    September 10, 2013 9:31 PM EDT
    What is wrong with your 360? Will it simply not run or are you trying to run it on a 4 gig flash hard drive? It it is the latter the solution is to get a 250 gig HDMI hard drive dirt cheap after the new consoles come out.
    • 409 posts
    September 10, 2013 9:33 PM EDT
    Ya I started mine out as a dark elf under the mage birth sign with willpower and intelligence as my major attributes. I am almost level 2 and feel like I am taking forever to level up but then again I knew playing a mage would be hard seeing as how skills such us enchanting are a pain to level.
    • 622 posts
    September 10, 2013 9:43 PM EDT

I was thought my 360 couldn't run it but after some research I have found it could, buttttt... My copy is the wrong region -.-' Stupid me.

• 409 posts
    September 10, 2013 10:09 PM EDT
    Then you need a new copy.... I see most used copies go for around $30 and new ones for over $100.
    • 153 posts
    September 10, 2013 10:37 PM EDT

LOL

• 622 posts
    September 10, 2013 10:37 PM EDT

Yeah, I know. Either way, going to see if I can a) Sell it for what I payed for (round $30) and buy a new copy or b) Hang onto it and just play Morrowind when I get the Anthology set

• 291 posts
    September 10, 2013 10:59 PM EDT

I. Ezio Tenebrius

II. 18

III. Thief/"Acrobat"

IV. The real name I was given by my mother was Loukas Olo, but that name is long gone.  Were anyone to call me by it, I wouldn't respond.  Not anymore.  That name is back in Bravil with the trash and the sewage and the addicts. Upon leaving the city, I exchanged my name for Ezio Tenebrius.  It's a bastardization, I know, but it's reference to my mentor, though I never knew him: Missun Akin, also known as the Black Arrow.  I heard of his story from a thief in the Imperial City, who when he asked me for my name, I said the first thing that came to mind: Ezio Tenebrius.  It means "Night Eagle".  Close enough to the Black Arrow to be kin.  He thought the name was hilarious, but seeing as he was holding a knife to my throat and demanding the tiny bit of gold I had, I didn't see any point in arguing with him.  I let him have the gold, then I stole it back the next day.  I won't lie.  It was fun, slipping a hand into his pocket and taking my money, and his, when he wasn't looking.  I like stealing.  That's why I went to the Imperial City in the first place, looking for the Thieves Guild.  When I got there, I didn't find it, just a dried up warehouse with nothing but a bunch of squatters living inside.

For a while I dithered around Cyrodiil, doing what I do best: breaking into rich folks' houses and taking a little of their valuables.  Not all of it, just enough to get me by--enough to never be missed.  I've never dreamed of fame or fortune, after all, larceny is my profession.  Just a job, or a hobby if you like.  I do it because I enjoy it, and because I have to.  I could use my skill with the bow and sword to get a job as a hunter or a laborer, but skills like mine tend to be drafted into the Legion and the soldier's life never held interest for me.

A year ago, I heard whispers of a Thieves Guild chapter in Riften, somewhere north of Bruma.  I decided to check it out.  Being in a guild gave me two things I always found lacking: a place to sleep and a person to launder my stolen goods and money.  When I arrived, I found Riften the same cesspool as Bravil, but at least it was a little cleaner.  Living in the Ratway isn't so bad once you realize the water in the cistern is actually rainwater: clean and pure from the sky.  Better than swimming or drinking raw sewage doused in enough alcohol to knock out a horse anyway.  I also get paid to steal things, officially, as if this were an accepted profession and career.  All in all, I'd say this puts me at a decent advantage over any common rabble or thug.  Maybe I'll stay here a while.

• 13 posts
    September 11, 2013 8:22 AM EDT

I. Septim
    II. 10 ( new )
    III. Assassin
    IV. Septim is left in the "Honorhall Orphanage" by his parents, his dream even when he was a kid was to join The Dark Brotherhood and fullflill contracts, he always find bloodlust and the shadows to his liking, that's why the kids doesn't want to get close to him as he might do something...( time skip ) When he grew up, he left the orphanage without anyone adopting him due to his likings, He adventured through Skyrim to only learn the rumors that The Dark Brotherhood is destroyed, his feelings was devastated by this discovery and he did not give up on finding out The Dark Brotherhood's location, when he was adventuring Windhelm, some people would say rumors that Aventus Aretino is trying to summon The Dark Brotherhood, he was filled with excitement as he heard this rumor so he think that The Dark Brotherhood might let him join if he was able to fullfill one contract for them so he went to Aventus's home and lockpicked and tried to talk to the boy, but the boy didn't even let him speak as the boy is talking too fast, Aventus gave him the contract to kill the Honorhall Orphanage's caretaker named "Grelod The Kind" so he went and travelled to Riften and killed old Grelod with a knife to her throat, as he reported that Grelod is now dead the boy gave him their family heirloom and he left and go to Whiterun to sleep at the inn, he was encountered with a courier who gave him a note that has a handprint and a sentence "We Know" so he was filled with excitement that he was about to burst, and he passed the time and sleep on the inn and his body was dragged to an abandoned shack and Astrid was there and commanded him to guess who has the contract, even though he knows that Astrid has the contact, he won't let this chance escape to join The Dark Brotherhood and he killed all three of them, with just a slit to the throat and he was invited to Falkreath to join The Dark Brotherhood and his life as a new member now begins and though it is not quite as he expected that it was, he thought that The Dark Brotherhood would still follow the Listener but there is no listener and he wants to prove that Astrid and the others should follow the rules just like Cicero want and now his life as a new member trying to prove that they should follow the tenets and the listener begins.

• 116 posts
    September 12, 2013 9:54 PM EDT
    Currently playing Oblivion again
    1. Calo
    2.level 5
    3. Dragonheart class
    4. Calo is the forefather of my next Skyrim character and also dragon born, though you don't know this through his exploits in Oblivion. He was an up and coming gladiator known as the Dragonheart to the people of the Imperial city until the fateful day Emperor Uriel Septim comes to his cell. He is a huge Nord towering over his enemies, but relies on his fists to pummel his foes. Unarmed and frost magic are the tools to his trade, while wearing heavy armor for protection.
    * my next Skyrim play through will be the same class (Calo's distant relative) except I will use shield and unarmed utilizing the unarmed and 100% shout redux exploits
    • 8 posts
    October 13, 2013 4:39 AM EDT

I.Black Ice

II. 23

III. Vampiric Battlemage

IV. Born into a noble mage family but was cast out due to no magical ability. Given to the local smith as a slave his family held no interest in him, Once strong enough he escaped and made a decent life as a mercenary. Crosses the border into skyrim an aged man in search more fortune, only to be made dragonborn and his magical ability is finally given to him. Horkan provides him with the family and power he always yearned for and he dedicates himself to both the cause and strengthening his new vampiric powers 

Character stats: Has a small magic pool and lots of health. Heavily uses the staff enchanter to spam adept spells. Uses his own magic primarily for healing, runes and bound weapons. Wears Heavy Armor(self made), mace of molag bol, blood rings, and 4 staffs. 1 for each element plus a revenant staff.