• 1483 posts
    September 5, 2013 4:09 PM EDT

No. See Urag

• 271 posts
    September 5, 2013 4:10 PM EDT
    ¿Por Que?...
    • 856 posts
    September 5, 2013 4:11 PM EDT

No, if you check out my page you'll seen one of my earliest Skyrim characters was an orsimer mage.  My comment about that character (written nearly 2 years ago).

"Orsimer Mage. Gaz gro-Shurgak. Delusions of Eloquence somewhere along the lines of Lord Rugdumph gro-Shurgak of Oblivion fame.  Still working on exact skills, but leaning toward -->  Main focus: Conjuration, Illusion, Enchanting, Restoration.  Secondary focus:  Alchemy, Alteration, Destruction.  Other:  Speech.  Quest:  Mage's Guild.  I may switch my main and secondary focus around a bit.  I wrote a background for Gaz in the Story Corner."

• 14 posts
    September 5, 2013 4:11 PM EDT

well I killed sooo don't tell the gaurds

• 14 posts
    September 5, 2013 4:13 PM EDT

no espayol si ????

• 14 posts
    September 5, 2013 4:23 PM EDT

see told u

• 622 posts
    September 5, 2013 7:47 PM EDT

Nope. All races become mages, some just aren't seen often. Argonian mages are seen as 'weird' as well but I'm playing onre fine now.

• 14 posts
    September 5, 2013 8:24 PM EDT

thanks I just  thought that

• 33 posts
    September 6, 2013 8:23 AM EDT

I have other "built-in" examples of Orcs dealing in Magic:

Morrowind - Sharn gra-Muzgob (female healer)- Guild of Mages (Balmora)

- Chaplain Ogrul (male healer) - Fort Darius (Gnisis)

- Ulumpha gra-Sharob (female healer) - Fort Darius (Gnisis)

Oblivion - Magub gro-Orum (male warlock) - Cheydinhal

- Orag gra-Bargol (female priestesses) - Chorrol

- Mor gra-Gamorn (female nightblade) - Shrine of Nocturnal

So far, in 4 out of the 6 cases presented, Orcs seem to take on Magic skills, yes, but more on the defensive and restorative side. And they are usually females.

Urag gro-Shub in the College of Winterhold in Skyrim has been mentioned. Mind you, he's a Scout, a Combat class, not a Magic one. 

• 33 posts
    September 6, 2013 8:28 AM EDT

All races can use magic skills yes. But there's also common sense to be considered. Orcs never had bonuses to Magic skills. Half of the Argonian skill bonuses were always in Magic skills.

• 622 posts
    September 6, 2013 8:38 AM EDT

I just brought it up because I only know one other person who uses Argonian mages, a friend xD

But then again, in my Skyrim guide book, it reccommend using Argonian as rouges with Illusion spells :P

• 622 posts
    September 6, 2013 8:38 AM EDT

Some of the orcs at the strongholds use magic too, don't they?

• 33 posts
    September 6, 2013 9:00 AM EDT

Yes. The previous search was not exhaustive. I'm sorry:

Murbul (female destruction mage) - Dushnikh Yal

Atub (female sorceress) - Largashbur

Sharamph (female destruction mage) - Mor Khazgur

Bolar (female destruction mage) - Narzulbur

Now for the details, all these 4 NPCs are the wise women of their respective orc strongholds. The Orc lore article on UESP states that "Orc women are expected to contribute to the strength of the stronghold just as men, as warriors, hunters, herbalists. Traditionally, the Orcish art of smithing is done by the women, and a chieftain's second wife is called the forgewife for this reason. A wise woman handles a tribe's spiritual matters and healing needs. However, Orcish society is still very patriarchal. All stronghold women are either the wives or daughters of chieftains, with the exception of the wise women, who are the mothers of chieftains. Daughters of the chieftain are usually traded to other strongholds to marry other chieftains."

• 622 posts
    September 6, 2013 9:12 AM EDT

Thought so. It's rather intresting that a brutal combat-based society still has need for the magical side of things C:

I personally think the OP was looking for a) attention or b) criticism. Either way, he got it.

• 33 posts
    September 6, 2013 9:22 AM EDT

Yeah, who would have guessed any Orc Chieftain automatically transforms his mother into a Magic user... In such a Male oriented culture...

As a joke, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgSn0SbQJQI -

• 622 posts
    September 6, 2013 9:24 AM EDT

Ha, the mysteries of orc culture! xD

• 14 posts
    September 6, 2013 3:45 PM EDT

wth is a OP

• 152 posts
    September 6, 2013 3:47 PM EDT

Original Poster

• 167 posts
    September 6, 2013 4:04 PM EDT

Not weird at all. In my opinion orcs are more interesting as mages rather than a stereotypical barbarian...

• 14 posts
    September 6, 2013 4:06 PM EDT

thanks man