Forums » Elder Scrolls

Who Should be The High King/Queen of skyrim?

• 360 posts
    September 24, 2013 8:46 PM EDT
    I kinda want to kill her, along with the rest of skyrim, the thalmor have no place in human society and to be honest i could see joffrey lanister being recieved as a better choice than her
  • September 24, 2013 8:50 PM EDT

The only flaw of this blog is that I can't give likes to awesome comments... +1 to you, Vazgen.

• 33 posts
    September 25, 2013 8:15 AM EDT

<Player>
        What does it mean to be 'Dragonborn'?
    Arngeir
        Dragons have the inborn ability to learn and project their Voice. Dragons also are able to absorb the power of their slain brethren.
        A few mortals are born with similar abilities -- whether a gift or a curse has been a matter of debate down through the centuries.
        What you have already learned in a few days took even the most gifted of us years to achieve.
        Some believe that Dragonborn are sent into the world by the gods, at times of great need. We will speak more of that later, when you are ready.

[...]

<Player>
        But I don't follow your philosophy. Why help me learn the Voice?
    Arngeir
        The Dragonborn is an exception to all the rules - the Dragon Blood itself is a gift of the gods.
        If we accept one gift, how can we deny the other? As Dragonborn, you have received the ability to Shout directly from Akatosh.
        We therefore seek to guide you on the proper use of your gift, which transcends the restrictions which bind other mortals.

If the Dovahkiin would be High King of Skyrim, given that anybody can be Dovahkiin (I mean, any race), then it could very well be that the High King of Skyrim could be of any race.

Lore wise, the ruler in every province has (because I didn't hear/ read otherwise yet, although I just might have not stumbled upon some such fact) the same race as the prevalent race in that province. Only the Emperor can be of any race (the Emperor is not forced to be Cyrodiilic/ Imperial).

• 33 posts
    September 25, 2013 8:18 AM EDT

The Canon Nerevarine should be Chimer.

There's a bit of a flaw in this type of reasoning. Seems to me it's like saying every Christian should be Jewish/ Arab because Jesus was Jewish/ Arab (can't say Israeli because the state formed in the 40s).

• 33 posts
    September 25, 2013 8:25 AM EDT

She's a Nord, so she fulfills all the prerequisites the job needs.

• 33 posts
    September 25, 2013 8:33 AM EDT

She becomes a Jarl, yes. AKA, she either could be a member of the moot, or she could easily have at least of one of moot's member's vote (the one representing The Rift). Although I don't think she would appreciate the attention...

Come to think of it, I think that Mason's Hold Guard would get most of the moot's votes...

• 856 posts
    September 25, 2013 9:17 AM EDT

It was asked why there were no non-humans in the ads, and the response from Bethesda was that there were no non-human actors available. Commercials are not canon, nor are they 'lore'.

• 33 posts
    September 25, 2013 9:18 AM EDT

author of The Lusty Argonian Maid... I like how you think...

• 856 posts
    September 25, 2013 9:19 AM EDT

There is no canon version of the protagonist race - agree 100%. In-game lore never mentions a race for any PC hero from previous games. Bethesda intentionally insures that race (and gender) of the hero/heroine is never specified. Lore Masters also state that there is no canon race/gender.

• 33 posts
    September 25, 2013 9:58 AM EDT

Don't know why I got an interest in this, but it happened. So after reading about all the proposed contenders, it was a bit striking nobody mentioned Baalgruf's brother, Hrongar.

Then I started doing my stupid math. Alright, let's see, what are the morality and the aggression values for all contenders?

• Balgruuf - Morality - No crime/ Aggression - Unaggressive
    • The Gourmet - Morality - No crime/ Aggression - Unaggressive
    • Paarthurnax - dragons don't have morality and are as aggressive as they please. Because, DRAGONS
    • Ben C - (see Paarthurnax)
    • Mercer Frey - Morality - No crime/ Aggression - Unaggressive
    • Abelone - Morality - No crime/ Aggression - Unaggressive
    • Gelebor - Morality - No crime/ Aggression - Unaggressive
    • Galmar Stone-Fist - Morality - No crime/ Aggression - Aggressive
    • Hrongar - Morality - No crime/ Aggression - Aggressive

If you ask me, the chosen High King/ Queen of Skyrim should have the Morality - Violence Against Enemies (willing to commit violence against enemies, as well as property crimes. Not willing to attack innocent people) and Aggression - Unaggressive (Attacks nobody unless provoked). I'll add the Confidence value Brave (Attacks unless being outmatched by the opponent) because I expect the King/ Queen to know when they are outmatched, to know better and to get ready and attack when overpowering the opponent.

I have still to find this NPC...