Forums » Elder Scrolls

If You Could...

• 622 posts
    August 25, 2013 7:12 AM EDT

Make your own Daedric Prince, what would he or she be like? For a recap, I've listed the Daedric Princes below.

Azura - Dusk and dawn,
    Boethiah - deceit, conspiracy, secret plots of murder, assassination, treason, and unlawful overthrow of authority.
    Clavicus Vile - wishes and power
    Hermaeus Mora - Memory,fate and knowledge
    Hircine - Lycanthropy, hunting, animals, beasts
    Jyggalag - Order
    Malacath - The spurned and the cursed
    Methrenes Dagon - Destruction, change, energy, revolution and ambition
    Mephala - Plots, deceit/lies, murder
    Merida - Energy, living 
    Molag Bal - Submission, enslavement, domination, corruption, vampirism
    Namira - Decay and repulsive creatures
    Nocturnal - Night, shadow and darkness
    Peryite - Order and pestilence 
    Sanguine - Debauchery, and passionate indulgences of darker natures
    Sheogorath - Madness, creativity and insanity
    Vaermina - Bad omens, dreams and nightmares

I'm still thinking of mine, but try it out, it'll be fun :3

• 116 posts
    August 25, 2013 7:34 AM EDT

I feel like I've answered this question before.

I would create the Prince of the Lost, Forgotten and the Unfound.  His realm would be called "Wherebegone" and would have purview over everything anyone forgets, loses or has yet to find.  His artifact would be, basically, a bag of holding.  In fact, his sphere EVEN explains why he has yet to be encountered in an Elder Scrolls game as of yet: he'd been forgotten about.

• 622 posts
    August 25, 2013 8:37 AM EDT

Here's my one! :3

Name: Fai'leon (Fay-Le-On)

Sphere: Speed, success, challenge and pride

Plane of Oblivion: Chalarien (Chal-A-Ri-En)

His plane is a land of endless plains, decorated with small pockets of trees and fortresses.The apperance varies from greeny pastures, ashlands, to rocky ground with massive ridges and gorges where nothing grows.

Daedras Created: Fepelex (Fep-El-Lex - Cheetah-like creatures that have grotesque, reptile like faces with massive ram-like horns and talons on their feet. They are very fast and are always seeking more of their kind to fight. They can be very playful one minute, before turning and striking the next. They cab range from the size of a fox to a sabre-cat and are often greeny-gold with dark spots.

Signature Animal: Cheetah

Artifact: Maahren (Ma-Ah-Ren) Bow

Very few people have heard of the Maahren Bow and even less have even wielded it. The bow is black in colour and is tinged with greens and blues throughout the black. Those who have heard of it are mainly archers who seek the bows power to slow even the fastest beasts. 

In Game Description: Freezes for fifteen points and has a chance to paralyses for ten seconds with each arrow.

Apperance: Typically appears as a man with the tail and head of a big cat and wearing a loincloth with a quiver on his back. His face is always hidden, masked by the skull of a bull, often decorated with feathers and pendents on the horns.

Personality: Fai'Lon is neither good or evil, but chooses to be neutral out of all the Princes. He dislikes slowness and resents mortals toying with him. He rewards those who act to his will quickly and effectively and punishes those who are slow and needy.

Allies: Hircine, both are considered to be hunters and enjoy finding a challenge in mortal affairs

Enemies: Boethiah

• 622 posts
    August 25, 2013 8:37 AM EDT

That sounds intresting!

• 116 posts
    August 25, 2013 1:46 PM EDT
    I like it. Himself as well as his home arevery ssimilar to Hircine, yet much more alien. I can see Hircine and Fai'leon throwing great hunting contests to test each others skills
    • 91 posts
    August 25, 2013 3:48 PM EDT

I'd have to go with a daedric prince of fear. While many of the other princes' focus on things that cause fear such as darkness, madness, destruction, etc. his/her domain would be the very emotion of fear itself. They'd be capable and take delight in manifesting someone's worst fears into the mortal plain.

Example: Farkas fears spiders so one night while sitting in Jorvaskar the walls begin to move as thousands of dinner plate sized spiders crawl about and go after the terrified companion. After having they're fun and feeding on his emotion however the spiders disappear and Farkas is left a terrified mess as the daedric prince of fear laughs having been sated.

Still no name for him/her or for their realm of Oblivion, but I'm thinking their artifact could be some sort of mask that allows the wearer to become what his foes fear most. (For in-game mechanics the mask could have a chance to cause anyone that the wearer attacks to be hit with a powerful version of the fear spell.)

• 622 posts
    August 25, 2013 4:59 PM EDT

This one reminds me of Scarecrow, from Batman

• 622 posts
    August 25, 2013 6:26 PM EDT

Well, Hircine is my favorite prince ^.^ It was completely unintentional but hey, it's fake, who cares :P

• 116 posts
    August 26, 2013 12:13 AM EDT

Reminds me of Vaermina...

In fact, her realm is said to be composed of nothing but your worst nightmares come to life... and they change into ever worse things the longer you are there!

• 116 posts
    August 26, 2013 12:14 AM EDT

Glad you think so!

I wrote a story 'bout him that I have been thinking of posting for some time now, maybe I should...

• 622 posts
    August 26, 2013 12:38 AM EDT

Do it! I'm actually writng about mine now

• AJ
    • 47 posts
    August 26, 2013 4:11 AM EDT

I'm surprised there is no Daedric Prince like this. I would create the Prince of War.

His realm would simply be called "The Battlegrounds", where Daedra's in full armor dwell. Also some sort of agressive war horses. 

He would watch all battles and judge who would win. His artifact would probably be a large bronze-golden spear which burns your foe ans could also be used to demoralize them (Fire and Fear enchantment).

I thought he would wear bronze-golden armor (Lorica Musculata style, AKA General Tullius style). He would wear a large plumed helmet, leather boots, a golden spear (like his artifact), and a shield.

I know there already is Ebonarm, but there is no Daedric Prince of War...

• 622 posts
    August 26, 2013 5:36 AM EDT

True, there is no Daedric Prince of war... Very interesting!

• 74 posts
    August 26, 2013 5:47 AM EDT

Dagon could be seen as the Daedric Prince of War. 

• 622 posts
    August 26, 2013 6:37 AM EDT

Good point, DovahSquid (awesome name by the way!)  

• 33 posts
    August 26, 2013 11:03 AM EDT

Volonte: Daedric Prince of Willpower

He's commonly worshiped by the Bretons of High Rock. His sphere is the good and the evil of willpower. He controls the will of people to do anything. The will to take over the world, the will to ask someone to marry them, and even the will to get out of bed in the morning. He is very powerful, being able to give people the willpower to do most anything (although strength and skill are still needed to accomplish them, he just sets their mind to it) and can take away someone's willpower to move or even live.

• 74 posts
    August 27, 2013 7:15 PM EDT
    Chexmixica: Daedric Prince of Douchebaggery
    Chexmixica has no realm, so every era he/she selects a prince at random to mooch off of.
    His/Her influence on Mundus is to taint mortal children. Basically this means they grow up to be lazy mooching douchebags.
    He/She can be summoned at anytime and takes many forms, but usually prefers a Nord Male with a shaved head and over sized, noisy jewelry.
    • 33 posts
    August 27, 2013 7:37 PM EDT

best by far

• August 27, 2013 7:41 PM EDT

lol

• 12 posts
    August 27, 2013 7:47 PM EDT

Wow, I really like this!

• 116 posts
    August 27, 2013 11:51 PM EDT

I might just do that!  It requires a bit more editing to be up to my standards, but should be okay.  I should prolly try to dig up some kind of art too.

• 116 posts
    August 27, 2013 11:53 PM EDT

While he isn't specifically affiliated with war, he would be the most obvious choice to fill that niche.  I mean, ambition and destruction go pretty much hand in hand with war (a small pun, since he has four hands...).

• 12 posts
    August 28, 2013 2:02 AM EDT

Good post, really got my creative side flowing. Thanks! Here is my idea

Name: Timareus

Sphere: Reliance, and Enslavement (a general term of enslavement; forms being: imprisonment, slavery, and being enslaved to your addiction)

Plane of Oblivion: A dark, foggy courtyard surrounded by cages and cells, filled with prisoners. 

Appearance: Timareus is always seen as a young human male, of medium build and pale skin. He wears tattered pants and no shirt. He has a tattoo on his chest of his recognizable insignia. His ankles and wrists have broken and disconnected shackles. He has a thin face, accompanied with tattered hair, a scraggy beard, and bags under his eyes. 

Personality: Though on an almost constant high, Timareus controls himself well. He himself is an addict, to the drugs he introduced to the mortals, but also to power he feels looking around at all the ones he has imprisoned by means of bars or other means.

Artifact: Timareus' artifact is a powerful potion that magically fills itself daily. When used grants the user increased speed, health, and strength. The potion, due to its immense power and refilling capabilities, causes the user to get addicted quickly. Those who use it often think about the moment when the potion will refill so they can immediately drink it, and some get so addicted they spend their time staring at the bottle, waiting for it to refill. 

• 622 posts
    August 28, 2013 9:43 PM EDT

Hahaha xD

• 622 posts
    August 28, 2013 9:43 PM EDT

I like ^.^