Forums » Elder Scrolls

Xbox Lag???

• 41 posts
    August 23, 2013 5:18 PM EDT

I used to play skyrim on my laptop till the lag became unbearable, and then I bought it on Xbox instead. It has been fine for about 6 months, until the other day when I randomly started getting horrific lag, on Xbox. I didn't even know an Xbox game could lag. It's only on one character, who's only level 25, and my other character is completely fine. It's not the number of saves I have, that's just 2.

Just wondering if anyone could tell me why this is happening and possibly offer a solution.

Thanks in advance

P.S I'm tight, so I only have a 4 GB Xbox meaning the game runs off the disc rather that off a hard drive (I don't even have one). could this be the problem, the save is too big for the disc drive to handle???

• August 23, 2013 6:01 PM EDT
    This does indeed help. I had keys to every single dungeon/house/jail I could and all sorts of ingredients and trinkets(rings, necklaces, circlets...) I noticed major lagg problems too. So I decided to buy a house and store things in chests and split my loot(small chests for jewelry, big for armor, bags for ingredients...) and carry 200 weight units or less. Also I try to keep chests limited to a type of item since they can lagg too.

Try to keep the game glitch free(as much as possible), and save often(in case you need to reload). I set my auto save to every 10 mins since I usually forget to save and it gives me a closer reload in case of glitches.

Also, the longer you are playing a character, non-stop, the more possible the game glitches. I played a character from Dawn to Dusk and I had his head stretching into the infinite. The glitch was so bad, that you could see it on the world map.

I hope this helps :)
    • 41 posts
    August 24, 2013 7:06 AM EDT

Alright thanks. I'll give these things a try.