Forums » Elder Scrolls

Stormcloak Ramblings and Such...

• 12 posts
    August 17, 2013 7:58 AM EDT

I am currently playing a hardcore Stormcloak character (admittedly this is why I haven't been writing, and I apologize) because I never had done so before.

If I did the civil war, I previously always chose the Legion. However, for the sake of understanding both sides of the argument, this time I decided to create a Nord who, although he harbors no hatred of any other races (except maybe Altmer...yeah, Altmer), still thinks that Skyrim should have the right to rule itself if it so chooses (just like Hammerfell, basically). I have fought my way through the web of political and ethical questions that followed, but have come to a rather unusual roadblock in the creation of this character..

Here is the big question: Would a Stormcloak marry a non-Nord? Would he hire a non-Nord to be his steward? Would the fact that Rayya is a Redguard bother him?

Is it possible for a man to want only his people to be the ruling class, to make the big decisions, yet still be able to look past the differences of others when it comes to something as simple as a steward, or even which child he adopts? (Alesan or Lucia for example.)

I just would like to know your thoughts on the matter. Thank you.

• 9 posts
    August 17, 2013 8:14 AM EDT

I think he could. By your own earlier reasoning, he thinks Skyrim should rule itself, like hammerfell. Other races have lived in Skyrim for centuries or more, no reason that only Nords should matter to him.

• August 17, 2013 11:08 AM EDT

Nord race must remain pure! 

*Ulfric giving a speach*  "And we shall make a new world! A pure world! A Nordic world! 

• 32 posts
    August 17, 2013 1:39 PM EDT

Well, the Nord I have, he looks past it all, he believes that in a free Skyrim to fight along side the empire not against it and the only way to fight alongside them is to show them that their strong enough to fight by themselves.

He believes that all races shouldn't be looked down upon but looked as equals (even if some races kinda get on his nerves *cough* orcs *cough* *cough*) but he judges more on character than where they're from or what race they are.

He likes Ulfric's ideas but has his own system about it all instead of a straight forward "Pure Nord Skyrim" he rather likes a multicultural Skyrim, he then can hear about distant lands to travel to and hear about the rich history of like Hammerfell or the Black Marshes.

I have him living in Windhelm and when I play him rp way, I have him hangout in the Dark Elves bar and have him socialize with them because he isn't a typical Nord, he is a man who is just trying to live his life to the fullest.

• 152 posts
    August 17, 2013 4:00 PM EDT

Well thanks Ulfric-tler

• August 17, 2013 4:05 PM EDT

Don't act like you're not on board...

• August 17, 2013 4:13 PM EDT

I had to read this multiple times, and I still dont get the first paragraph. 

• 152 posts
    August 17, 2013 4:29 PM EDT

I'm not  STAY BACK STORMCLOAK TRAITORS!

• 152 posts
    August 17, 2013 4:30 PM EDT

He means they must fight the Empire to show them that Skyrim is their equal, not simply a subdued province

• 81 posts
    August 17, 2013 4:34 PM EDT
    He believes in a free Skyrim that fights along side the empire but thinks that the only way they can prove they are strong enough to fight with the empire is by gaining their independence.
    I think that is what he means with the first paragraph.
  • August 17, 2013 5:17 PM EDT

Don't act like you don't like the idea of Nord Ubermensch. 

• August 17, 2013 5:21 PM EDT

I would use the Thalmor to kill the Empire, and with both of them weak, sweep down from the north. 

• 49 posts
    August 17, 2013 6:25 PM EDT

Unless he's Xenophobic, of course he'll accept non-nords! No point not to.

• 152 posts
    August 17, 2013 7:56 PM EDT

The idea is intriguing... and scarier than Dieter when we get him going on Argonians :P

• 32 posts
    August 19, 2013 3:36 PM EDT

Yeah that's what I mean, I was sorta not all there when I typed it haha, sorry about that

• 485 posts
    August 19, 2013 6:44 PM EDT
    If a nord has to ponder whether or not it'd be right to interact in anyway with non nord, he's more racist than he'd ever like to believe. And such a Nord would easily find himself siding with Ulfric.