Forums » Elder Scrolls

What you want in the next TES

• 152 posts
    August 11, 2013 7:52 PM EDT

Ok! So, seeing as it has been 2 years since the release of Skyrim, I'm going to start looking forward, seeing as if they keep up with the time frame between Oblivion and Skyrim, there should be a new TES in 2 years!

What do you want to see in this new game? Any/all of this can be part of ESO, seeing as that has little to do with the next TES game more or less....

My list goes...

1) reintroduction of medium armor (viable mind you!)

2) reintroduction of spears

3) using F:NV armor DT/thing system for the armor (should work great, balancing out the sword's dps with the mace's damage per hit ect.) I really want some discussion on this one, what you guys think of this idea

4) have more summons! I love what they did with necromancy in Skyrim, but they just neglected the Daedra side of conjuration. I miss being able to summon a bunch of different things

5) Touch spells!! Great for spellsword/battlemages (which are what I usually play as)

DISCUSSION! GO!

• 159 posts
    August 12, 2013 12:07 AM EDT

Hmm i would love if bethesda included

1: a unarmed skill tree or expanded skills and moves for unarmed combat!

2: Expanded race sub species playable  for the kahjiit! Like cathay raht!

3: a sort of maybe good evil neutral alignment bar/gauge maybe? just a thought?

4: if in the next game we at least find out what the future of the falmer will be? will they rise from there savage ways? will more "pure snow elves" like Spoiler! Gelbor  emerge?

5; fight or meet someone who belong to one of the races of akvair! or even maybe let them be playable!

6: a new school of magic for druidsim or shaman magic?

7; more choices for evil players other than the beloved dark brotherhood maybe? maybe let players become a common bandit? or even lead one of your own? who knows?

8: better animations for magic

9: height control( to a degree) during character creation? 

• 116 posts
    August 12, 2013 1:30 AM EDT
    Unarmed yes!
    Druid magic yes! I've always wanted the "destruction" tree to be changed to "elemental" with four distinct schools for the four elements. They already have fire, air(shock), and water (ice/frost). Now all they need to do is add an earth based school. How I see it earth magic would be the most defensive based of the four schools, taking spells like oak flesh and stone flesh from alteration. Also maybe like earth fists(unarmed) or earth darts(stone spike projectiles)
    • 30 posts
    August 12, 2013 1:52 AM EDT
    I would like touch spells.
    To start the story from where your race was born at
    Better combat,stealth that makes sense
    More guilds to join and more story depth in quest lines.
    They should also have a bigger map.
    • 253 posts
    August 12, 2013 1:59 AM EDT

I am interested in better plot lines. For me in Skyrim all the plot lines are terrible. They are short, easy, and after a day of being in the group you lead them. Also, why does everything have to end all mystically? Why can't the thieves guild have grand heists and stuff like that, not stupid shadow gods. Why can't the companions actually act as mercenaries/honorable warriors where you gain ranks slaying certain special beasts, enemies, etc, and have a plot line about fighting. All stuff like that. 

• 10 posts
    August 12, 2013 2:47 AM EDT

Bring back the unarmed skill and pole-arms (staffs & spears)

New playable race(s) : Igma, Lilmothiit, Tang Mo

Location: Valenwood or Black Marsh (or possibly part or all of Akavir, this would also tie into new races)

More guilds/story lines/gear for "good" characters. I felt like "bad" characters have a plethora of extra stuff to do and acquire; theives guild, dark brother hood, nightingale gear, etc. "Good" characters get the companions.

Drakon, I also like the morality alignment. I don't think it needs to be a bar on the screen or anything, but it would be cool to be calculated some how. People would respond to your character accordingly. You would have to have a "good" alignment for "good" quest and vice versa.

• 10 posts
    August 12, 2013 2:52 AM EDT

Zach, I am not sure how you are playing, but for me I was disappointed in the length it took in real time to complete plot lines, but then I made a point to not fast travel. It makes those plot lines much longer and allows you to see more of Skyrim and explore more areas where you might not normally go. It has made it more enjoyable for me.

I am with you on the other stuff. I liked the Nightingale stuff but once you become the leader they should have heist quest, etc. Much like the DB has assassination quests after you complete it. I would like to see a hunting/special beast line as well. 

• 1913 posts
    August 12, 2013 2:54 AM EDT
    Depending how you view it, a questline could be good or evil. The Dark Brotherhood are indeed assassins, but they have killed corrupt leaders before... So they are more neutral (sithis is chaos, chaos is not evil, chaos is change).

The nightingales only serve Nocturnal, a Daedric Lord who is neither good nor evil... Neutral.

Companions can be paid to injure innocents (beating priests!!!)... Plus the ties to Lycanthropy... Not really good.

The thieves Guild wants wealth... Nothing more. Through good and bad actions
    • 10 posts
    August 12, 2013 2:58 AM EDT

Yea I have gone back and forth with that. But every once in a blue moon I like to play a morally right/good character who doesn't steal, commit unnecessary murders, etc.  

• 41 posts
    August 12, 2013 3:30 AM EDT

I'd like to see more weapon variety, even if there was only a couple of each new kind. Things like spears and halberds. Also more unique weapons, and some throwing weapons, so bows and crossbows aren't the only ranged option. Maybe throwing knives of axes. I would also like to see more variety in combat and make it more skill based, in stead of pressing two buttons to swing and block, just generally more moves like swings in different directions, counter attacks and jabs. Finally, I would like to see more monsters, and some changed to the ones we already have. For example, a Cyclops or minotaur and bigger trolls, and big rewards for killing them.   

• 2 posts
    August 12, 2013 4:45 AM EDT

Before I write an essay on this subject, have any Bethesda/Zenimax devs ever been spotted here, guys?

• 41 posts
    August 12, 2013 6:33 AM EDT

hahahaha, don't think so

• 10 posts
    August 12, 2013 6:37 AM EDT

I am not active enough to know if there are any members for sure, but I do know that they do lurk around and check sites like these often to gauge fan interest. Considering this is one of the largest TES blog sites I would imagine at least one person at Bethesda is checking in every now and again. Although getting them to admit that might be impossible. 

Now take all that with a grain of salt too, who knows if they would ever see this thread, or how seriously they consider ideas from users/players. I would imagine that the idea would have to be something a lot of people are interested in and it is something that a dev could create. 

• 17 posts
    August 12, 2013 6:46 AM EDT

A paladin guild and an evil counterpart for it would indeed be nice.

• 167 posts
    August 12, 2013 6:50 AM EDT

Less focus on Graphics, more focus on Gameplay.

• 167 posts
    August 12, 2013 6:53 AM EDT

Ben, a Vix is a female fox. I can't tell if your being sarcastic, since this is the internet.

• 167 posts
    August 12, 2013 6:57 AM EDT

Yes well, they're certainly referring to female foxes, not members of the blog :P

• 167 posts
    August 12, 2013 7:03 AM EDT

• 167 posts
    August 12, 2013 7:05 AM EDT

Where's the post about him being recognized on their forums? I wanna see it.

• 167 posts
    August 12, 2013 7:11 AM EDT

Had you showed me the post that confirmed it first I wouldn't of been spectacle. It's just a little hard to believe that a large game dev company like Bethesda would recognize a site who at the time would probably not have more than 2k members.

• 5 posts
    August 12, 2013 8:53 AM EDT

Spells - Levitation , Teleport , Induce Sleep

Weapons - Trident and Net , Throwing Stars or Knives , Gauntlets that apply magic damage with an unarmed punch

Craftable Clothing (you can work a forge but can`t sew?)

• 69 posts
    August 12, 2013 9:05 AM EDT

I want a game with Oblivion quests, better than Skyrim graphics, and Morrowinds weapons, armors, and spells, its combat.

Example of quest: When you sleep on the Bloated Float and find yourself taking back a ship from the Blackwater Marauders. 

Example of Morrowinds combat: The spells were very more versatile than in Skyrim and Oblivion, there was also Medium armor, Spears, and Unarmored. I really enjoyed the combat aspect of that game.

• 1483 posts
    August 12, 2013 9:24 AM EDT

1. More fleshed out characters, at least followers, like in Fallout

2. More lengthy quests with more plot twists

3. Fewer fetch and other type miscellaneous quests

4. More moral dilemmas for player choices

5. More realistic and challenging stealth mechanics

6. Better combat AI

7. Racial perk trees or expandable abilities

8. Spell and scroll crafting

9. Potion naming

10. Better morality system, perhaps similar to New Vegas or expanded on it

• August 12, 2013 10:29 AM EDT

really only a few things would interest me more than skyrim

1. black powder weapons

2. acrobatic abilities, able to do backflips stuff like that.

3. blocking while dual wielding.

4. merge different armor sets into one set, like merge elven and ebony to make a armor with combined gauntlets , and also make the armor whatever you( this should be done at a forge not at creation kit, and available on all three platforms.

5. Different sub-types of werewolves.

• 152 posts
    August 12, 2013 11:31 AM EDT

THATS WHAT I FORGOT! I WANT TOUCH SPELLS BACK!