Forums » Elder Scrolls

vamp or wolf

• 43 posts
    August 11, 2013 2:21 AM EDT

what if your fav race vamp or wolf ?????? and out of oblivion and skyrim which one do you think is better for being a vamp

• 17 posts
    August 11, 2013 4:44 AM EDT

I prefer wolf, playing my first vampire now (with dawnguard DLC) and I really don't like it. Like every time you go outside the sun thingy etc. 

• 3 posts
    August 13, 2013 12:59 AM EDT

I found both vampirism and lycanthopy to be pretty lackluster. Turning into a werewolf is pretty useless for me since I prefer spellcasting or using sneak attacks with archery. The inability to become Well Rested however is what kills it. Vampirism however is kind of nice in that I can still get Well Rested and the debuff that happens during the day can be compensated for with the right equipment so its kind like playing with a handycapp.

So, I'd go with vampirism if only because its less useless than lycanthropy and you can get some mileage with Necromage.

• August 13, 2013 2:03 AM EDT

I really dislike the Vampire Lord beast form but Vampire is hands down more useful because the beast form is actually more powerful, necromage, character actually gains useful abilities from being a vampire, etc.  There's not a lot of incentive to being a werewolf.  But I like werewolves better, personally, so I end up going werewolf far more often than vampire.

• 43 posts
    August 13, 2013 5:37 AM EDT

the only thing I don't like about being a vamp is when you hit hunger level 4 and everyone tries to kill you its the only thing I don't like about it

• 1483 posts
    August 13, 2013 5:39 AM EDT

It's changed in Dawnguard. People will only attack you if you shift to a vampire lord form.

• 43 posts
    August 13, 2013 5:56 AM EDT

I don't have dawnguard yet :/

• 43 posts
    August 13, 2013 5:57 AM EDT

and @ben I liked that to but it gets annoying sometimes