Forums » Elder Scrolls

Does a knife count as a dagger?

• 106 posts
    August 8, 2013 9:09 PM EDT

I'm sure you're all aware about the awesome and crappy kitchen knives you can obtain in the game. What I want to know is that does the knife count as a dagger? So does it benefit from assassins blade perk? Please let me know. Thank you

• 1913 posts
    August 8, 2013 9:14 PM EDT
    In real life? No. They are different, but similar
    • 856 posts
    August 8, 2013 9:18 PM EDT

He was talking about the ingame kitchen knives.

@ OP, I do not think the bonuses apply, but I am not sure. (I don't think it works for a shiv either, but again, I am not sure)

• 1483 posts
    August 8, 2013 9:22 PM EDT
    Elder Scrolls Wiki says that they are not governed by One-Handed skill, so they might not be considered daggers. The best way to find out will be the creation kit and I don't have access to it now.
    • 106 posts
    August 8, 2013 9:26 PM EDT
    Luckily I have a level 81 assassin (I cheated) so I'm going to test it now. With shrouded gloves and the assassins blade perk.
    • 106 posts
    August 8, 2013 10:14 PM EDT
    Okay so what I learned is that it works with the 6X sneak attack perk, but not assassins blade 15X perk. With shrouded gloves and both of those sneak attack perks, it did only 12X damage (or 36 damage on adept). So it DOESNT count as a dagger, and it alerts enemies with a power attack. Other words its complete crap...
    • 253 posts
    August 8, 2013 11:28 PM EDT

Darn, I had always thought kitchen utensils where great tools for assassination. 

• 19 posts
    August 9, 2013 12:36 AM EDT

No, but it does provide additional damage against butter-related enemies provided you enchant it with fire damage.

Huh? Huh? Anyone? ...I'll let myself out.

• August 9, 2013 12:53 AM EDT

Wait, we can use kitchen knives? WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME THIS?!?!

• 106 posts
    August 9, 2013 1:28 AM EDT

Only a select few. They are somewhat rare. I wanted to make a somewhat real life serial killer that used knives and woodcutters axes

• August 9, 2013 1:53 AM EDT

Knives that can murder people?