Forums » Elder Scrolls

Pimping my Skyrim Random Character Generator

• 14 posts
    August 7, 2013 7:43 PM EDT

I built this a little over a year ago, and have been adding to it over time.

Thoughts? Feelings? Missing Features?

Skyrim Random Character Generator

If there is a better place to put this, I respond pretty well to polite correction.

• August 7, 2013 7:47 PM EDT
    How about a crafting skill section? Looks good though, might try and find one I like.
    • 40 posts
    August 7, 2013 8:18 PM EDT

This is actually really cool. I got a  level 80 Dunmer Vampire who uses archery and sneak and some heavy armor. Looks pretty good.

I would never be able to get to 80. I am one of those people who can barely get to 50. I have to many characters I want to play to spend that much time getting to 80.

But I really like how this is set up. Good work!!

• 1483 posts
    August 7, 2013 8:26 PM EDT

Sounds nice 

Race: Khajiit Total: 81
    Combat style: Archery Perks:16
    Armor Style: Light_Armor Perks:10
    First Skill: Conjuration Perks:16
    Second Skill: Speech Perks:13
    Third Skill: Illusion Perks:13
    Fourth Skill: Sneak Perks:13
    Disease: Vampirism
    Civil War Faction: Stormcloaks
    End Game Faction: Blades
    Primary Residence*: Honeyside
    Dawnguard Faction: Dawnguard_(faction)
    • 25 posts
    August 7, 2013 11:20 PM EDT

The only problem is that you can't be a vampire and join with the dawnguard unless you become a vampire after the questline.

• 708 posts
    August 7, 2013 11:24 PM EDT

Actually, you just have to cure yourself every time you go and speak with Isran. You can repeatedly get Serana to re-infect you.

• 14 posts
    August 7, 2013 11:30 PM EDT

Yeah, the joys and pitfalls regarding self-signed certs, although I'm pretty sure that I didn't force encryption on that page.. hmm..

• 14 posts
    August 7, 2013 11:36 PM EDT

Yeah, my current Khajiit (my avatar) is barely level 50 as well. I think that it's intended more as a guide than a "YOU MUST PLAY THAT CHARACTER UNTIL MAX LEVEL!!" sort of thing. In fact, I had a two-handed Argonian that I abandoned because I couldn't ever get the timing right in combat.

I'm thinking about also including a primary and secondary spouse, but I feel like I would need to include both male and female candidates.

• 14 posts
    August 7, 2013 11:38 PM EDT

Well, that should make for some entertaining roleplaying..

• 14 posts
    August 7, 2013 11:41 PM EDT

What does that look like to you?

• 14 posts
    August 7, 2013 11:45 PM EDT

This is my current build. It's missing some things as I only recently added the missing stuff to the RNG.

Race: Khajiit Total: 82
    Combat style: Archery Perks:16
    Armor Style: Light_Armor Perks:12
    First Skill: Conjuration Perks:16
    Second Skill: Illusion Perks:13
    Third Skill: Enchanting Perks:13
    Fourth Skill: Pickpocket Perks:12

• 365 posts
    August 8, 2013 8:09 AM EDT

I've always liked stuff like this, awesome job man! Bookmarked....

• 365 posts
    August 8, 2013 8:11 AM EDT

Kahjiit Vampire in the Dawnguard Faction, Heavy Armor and Destruction.....lol-nope!

• 108 posts
    August 8, 2013 8:13 AM EDT

There doesn't seem to be a no armour option.

• 14 posts
    August 8, 2013 8:58 AM EDT

It's intended to be more of a skill list that covers all of the options within the scope the skills available. You could opt to ignore armor and take any the remaining skills as a freebie.

• 17 posts
    August 8, 2013 10:04 AM EDT

I got a basic Nightblade.. (With the addition of OP enchanting)

Race: Dunmer

Total: 82

Combat style: One-handed Perks:21
    Armor Style: Light_Armor Perks:10
    First Skill: Pickpocket Perks:12
    Second Skill: Illusion Perks:13
    Third Skill: Sneak Perks:13
    Fourth Skill: Enchanting Perks:13
    Disease: None
    Civil War Faction: Stormcloaks
    End Game Faction: Greybeards
    Primary Residence*: Breezehome
    Dawnguard Faction: Volkihar_Vampire_Clan
    • 856 posts
    August 8, 2013 11:26 AM EDT

Haha. I got a lycanthrope nord blacksmith that wields a two-handed weapon, wears heavy armor, and fights for the stormcloaks (plus he had sneak, enchanting, and restoration)...Sounds too easy.

• 167 posts
    August 8, 2013 1:56 PM EDT

The only problem I see is the conflicting diseases with the dawnguard factions. I got a Werewolf for the Volkihar, and a Vampire for the Dawnguard, then a Human for the Volkihar...

• 14 posts
    August 8, 2013 2:36 PM EDT

This needs to be tightened up. There is the disease, and then the faction. Add to that the chance to become a Lycanthrope, and it gets a little complicated.

• 74 posts
    August 8, 2013 2:41 PM EDT

You probably need to add some way to have the generator check for a disease before placing you in the factions. 

I mean, vampire in dawnguard could work. But werewolf in Volkihar won't, unless you decide to lose your lycanthropy to be a vampire. 

• 14 posts
    August 8, 2013 3:25 PM EDT

Yep, lunch today consisted of creating a 'sanity check' matrix to figure out the cases that made sense. However, while you are correct in what needs to happen, I need to think about/decide whether the faction takes precedence or the disease.

• 74 posts
    August 8, 2013 3:32 PM EDT

I imagine having faction decide on the disease would be easier. And then you can just have it run something like an IF function(I don't actually know the equivalent queries based on web pages), where it pulls back a certain disease based on faction. 

So it could be IF Dawnguard, then Lycanthropy or None. 

-----------

Have you thought about adding a level field? I noticed that it keeps pulling back enough perks for a really high level character, while some of us only play to around level 50. 

• 14 posts
    August 8, 2013 4:22 PM EDT

For a while, I was thinking of giving people the ability to select skills, and then those selections would carry over to the generated character. But development slowed because I found that I still wanted to play the game.

As to your specific question, the level cap was always more of a reference, more than a requirement. You can't have more than 80 levels anyway, so something has to be sacrificed in terms of perks chosen.. As it is, I'm probably gonna have to sacrifice some of my pickpocketing skills because I can't get to level 82..

That being said, I'll need to think about different ways to do it.

• 14 posts
    August 20, 2013 12:44 AM EDT

Update:

• Added sanity check for disease/Dawnguard Faction
    • Added gender
    • Added potential spouses based on gender

To-Do:

• Add followers
    • Add stewards
    • Fix Dragonborn UESP links.
    • 25 posts
    August 20, 2013 10:23 AM EDT
    Race: Redguard Total: 82
    Combat style: One-handed Perks:21
    Armor Style: Heavy_Armor Perks:12
    First Skill: Alteration Perks:14
    Second Skill: Speech Perks:13
    Third Skill: Pickpocket Perks:12
    Fourth Skill: Smithing Perks:10
    Female Spouse: Avrusa_Sarethi
    Female Spouse: Anwen
    Primary Residence*: Lakeview_Manor
    Disease: None
    Primary Quest Faction: Blades
    Civil War Faction: Imperial_Legion

Dawnguard Faction: Volkihar_Vampire_Clan 

this could have been something beautiful but then it said blades and it was all downhill from there