Serana: Love or Hate?

• 1913 posts
    August 5, 2013 1:25 PM EDT
    She was the first NPC I married Ben...
    • 1913 posts
    August 5, 2013 1:26 PM EDT
    No, he died and Teldryn left
  • August 5, 2013 1:26 PM EDT

Well, how would you tell your life story in a few moments, guy? 

• 1913 posts
    August 5, 2013 1:27 PM EDT
    a John?
    • 167 posts
    August 5, 2013 1:27 PM EDT

But they're bandits... Bandits are pussies...

• 1913 posts
    August 5, 2013 1:29 PM EDT
    They outnumbered him... He doesnt really explain, all he says is that he died and made off with the loot (THIEF!!!)
    • 1913 posts
    August 5, 2013 1:35 PM EDT
    Oddly... That is how most of my female friends define me... I do not see it as I am shy
    • 1913 posts
    August 5, 2013 1:38 PM EDT
    WAIT! THIRD DEFINITION? If I cannot even talk too a woman in a flirting manner how would I be ok with a prostitute?!?!?!
    • 1913 posts
    August 5, 2013 1:41 PM EDT
    I heard of all those people except David Alan Grier
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    August 5, 2013 1:42 PM EDT

Teldryn left and then he (the adventurer) died.

Oh, than let's look at Serana: I'm a vampire! And I carry a powerful object, and I was locked away because my daddy became obsessed with something, and he stopped caring about me and my mommy, then my mommy began to "battle" with my daddy and they locked me until a brave hero came and rescued me, and we fought my bad daddy to save the world.

• 131 posts
    August 5, 2013 1:42 PM EDT

Personally I have mixed feelings about Serana and that comes from how I approached her in several playthrough. My main took her as a follower just like any other, my vampire RP thought of her as a sister, and my Paladin thought she was an annoying companion that would help him claim Ariel's Bow. So I've had her fill different roles for each of my characters, but I'm still unsure how to take her myself.

I find her "emo vampire" look kinda beautiful (I'm a sucker for that sorta look) but also find her constant talk about certain areas annoying. After hearing her say something about a cave as I passed three in a row I just wanted her gone. Overall I think she can be helpful and pretty but also be a huge annoyance similar to all followers in the game with their either constant talk or terrible lines.

• 1913 posts
    August 5, 2013 1:46 PM EDT
    Edd, you are just coming off as a hater now. Hating a character that is cliche, but liking characters that have little backstory (Teldryn) and saying they are interesting, and liking a heath ledger joker rippoff...
    • 140 posts
    August 5, 2013 1:48 PM EDT

Ha!  I used to mock threaten my parents that I was going to run away and become a fly girl...maybe it would have been the right career move after all!  

• August 5, 2013 1:52 PM EDT
    Backstory, for me, doesn't matter much when it comes to NPCs. It means I get to be creative (I imagine Nazir as a shamed Alik'r warrior, but he gave up the notion of personal pride and joined a very family-like organization, unfortunately it was the Brotherhood).
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    August 5, 2013 1:53 PM EDT

I prefer a good and small backstory than a long, annoying and so common backstory, Bryn.

[EDIT] That's a good point Matt.

• 1483 posts
    August 5, 2013 2:03 PM EDT

I don't use companions, only when they are forced via quests. From these Serana really stood out - with all her complaining she was hundred times better than Farkas or Aela  That said, I find her complaining sad, not annoying. She loves the sun and daylight but due to her vampirism can't enjoy them fully - thus constant change of feelings 

• 1913 posts
    August 5, 2013 4:40 PM EDT
    But it is not good. It tells he had a bad boss... That's it. There is a difference from being interesting and making them interesting (and from what you are saying Teldryn is the latter)
    • 1913 posts
    August 5, 2013 4:44 PM EDT
    Yeah, but his reluctance to talk about his past makes it sound intriguing "Why does he not talk about it, what happened, do the others know?" These questions start being formed... Teldryn tells you everything and there is nothing of worth to ask...
  • August 5, 2013 5:14 PM EDT
    I LOVE Serana! The only beatiful female vampire in the game :)
    • 9 posts
    August 6, 2013 2:33 PM EDT
    Love her. :)