Forums » Elder Scrolls

Pacifist Character???

• 41 posts
    August 2, 2013 6:35 AM EDT

Is it possible to win a fight being completely peaceful pacifist, like calm spells and turn undead spells, no frenzy spells, weapons or destruction magic? Is it a viable playstyle?

• 158 posts
    August 2, 2013 7:54 AM EDT

POOPBUTTS

The guy in the link above is a pacifist sort of. On an earlier article (which I can't find anymore) he details how he got through bleak falls barrow without killing anyone. To beat the final boss he brought him all the way back to the swinging axes or pushed him off a high place or something like that

So yea, it's an entirely plausible playstyle, one I have tried but failed miserably at. I just don't have the patience to not stab a stupid wolf in its stupid face :P

• 1483 posts
    August 2, 2013 10:19 AM EDT

Absolutely possible and viable! You can finish most of the questlines without ever killing. Played that way twice, once with Illusion and once without any perks. Without Frenzy spells, you'll not be able to do some questlines, you need to kill some enemies. With Frenzy, or Fus Ro Dah from the cliff you can kill enemies without raising your kill count. Traps work too, as well as Barbars and Wabbajack (though I considered it cheap and didn't use them).

• 5 posts
    August 2, 2013 10:38 AM EDT

A pacifist character is possible and very viable. When I did a pacifist playthrough I went with altmer for the extra magicka and boost to magic skills. I used sneak to avoid enemies, illusion for calm/fear and muffle/invisibility, alteration for detect life/dead and paralyze, restoration for turn undead, and enchanting for spell cost reduction. I found it to be a viable and rewarding play style. If I had to do any killing, I used a follower and I buffed them with a courage spell and I healed them when their health was low. You could also add conjuration to summon atronachs as distractions to sneak by your enemies.