Forums » Elder Scrolls

Faendal dead on arrival?

• 89 posts
    August 2, 2013 1:44 AM EDT
    I've ran into this problem before but lately its been happening every time I get to Riverwood. On my current start up I arrived at Riverwood and found that all was well, I left to retrieve the golden claw at daybreak, I returned the same day at around 2pm only to find him dead near Alvor's forge...wtf? I didn't even interact with him, who keeps killing him?Has anyone else run into this? Any possible solutions?
  • August 2, 2013 2:12 AM EDT
    if you have dawnguard, it could be vampire attacks
    • 409 posts
    August 2, 2013 1:53 PM EDT

Sven put a hit on him. Sweet mother sweet mother send your child unto me for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.

• 167 posts
    August 2, 2013 2:03 PM EDT

This is a well-known glitch on all three platforms. 

• 167 posts
    August 2, 2013 2:08 PM EDT

=/ That's hard to believe. The glitch has been around since launch, and I've been experiencing it off and on since I bought my copy.

• 966 posts
    August 2, 2013 2:14 PM EDT

Never happend to me, either.

• 167 posts
    August 2, 2013 2:19 PM EDT

So...so I'm just unlucky?..

• 409 posts
    August 2, 2013 2:55 PM EDT

Yes I also have never had the faendal glich but that ash glich is a pain! I also have an odd glich that I cant do the Malacath quest because they never exit the chiefs long hall and the giants never appear.

• August 2, 2013 3:12 PM EDT
    You may have a low lvl for the quest, or they may have no key to open the locked door(Benor on mine as well as the rest of Morthal guards can't get into the guard house because of noone having key to it) the Chief is always inside and you must go in to continue the quest also.

The best part about your glitch is that the giants don't kill the orcs there(in my case they where attacked until I completed the quest, and some times I had to reload because the ones that are followers kept dying)
    • 5 posts
    August 2, 2013 4:31 PM EDT
    Has happened to me once prior to installing DG. Actually on that play through, I went straight to Riverwood from Helgen and he was already down... I was also attacked by a wandering bandit near the Guardian Stones on that same start up. Was very odd
    • 89 posts
    August 2, 2013 5:07 PM EDT
    I must be really unlucky then, I get that dead thrall glitch all the time...didn't even know it was a glitch. I don't conjure much but the ash piles are always annoying.
    • 116 posts
    August 2, 2013 8:59 PM EDT
    I once had a corpse of a dragon follow my character every where he fast travelled. Only on one character though and hasn't happened since
    • 48 posts
    August 3, 2013 12:56 AM EDT

I once had Alduin get stuck in the opening sequence and refuse to land on the tower.  So I was stuck there, staring up at the sky waiting for my execution, but Alduin just kept circling around and around, and the executioner just stood there. THAT was frustrating, especially after taking an hour to get my character's face just right.