Forums » Elder Scrolls

Pending, Unmasked

• 557 posts
    August 2, 2013 1:22 AM EDT

Have you ever wanted to explore the world of Nirn without being limited by the confines of a game?

Has Skyrim's limits prevented you from creating the character you truly crave to play?

Have you ever imagined a Skyrim where every character is another real person?

Have you ever felt role-playing forums are too tedious to become engaged in them?

Well, if any of these questions are things that you have mused over in the past, then I think we have made something you'll really love. Thanks to the great work of Pending's members, I am proud to present...

Blackwood Crossing!

Perhaps you're thinking to yourself, "Hey, wasn't this already a group?" It was, but it has undergone some drastic improvements, each adding to the allure of what we have before you today. A well-developed and heavily play-tested combat system has been designed specifically for this group by a professional game-designer. The town itself is richly detailed with with centuries of history and culture that is colored with delightful descriptions of the town's major features. There are many quests which you can live out as you role-play in the heat of heart-pounding danger.

Blackwood Crossing is a town where immersion-seeking role players,those who cherish the detailed world of Elder scrolls ,and fan fiction writers with fiery imaginations all converge in a single place. This experience isn't held over tedious role-playing forums, but instead over live chat-rooms. Every decision - and reaction is perceived in real time by every role-player, creating an experience alluringly close to reality. Your character is your own, and can be molded into even more options than elder scrolls usually affords you. Possessing free-reign over your character, you may assume the role of any race or class you desire. Escape the confines of Skyrim... come to Blackwood Crossing.

NOTE: We are not 100% complete with the group yet, but we will open as soon as we are!

• 1913 posts
    August 2, 2013 1:26 AM EDT
    Can someone pick up the phone, cause I called it!!!
    • 557 posts
    August 2, 2013 1:29 AM EDT

We actually told quite a few people..

• August 2, 2013 1:32 AM EDT
    Interesting. I might join, though the original BWC got pretty boring after awhile (think that might've been because I was forced to be the good guy 24/7 =P).
    • 557 posts
    August 2, 2013 1:33 AM EDT

We actually don't have a set moral standard for Hosts anymore. 

• 271 posts
    August 2, 2013 1:34 AM EDT
    I'm really curious how this combat-system works, and those professional game-designers?

Good to see this coming to pieces! :)
    • 74 posts
    August 2, 2013 1:37 AM EDT

I'd say the game designer is Nixrune.

• 557 posts
    August 2, 2013 1:38 AM EDT

Christopher Perigoe, actually. 

And if I may add, we also had Vix create a lot of custom fan fiction Lore for the group! 

• August 2, 2013 1:44 AM EDT
    Ah, Christopher does know quite a few combat systems for this. And Vix on the lore is also cool.
  • August 2, 2013 1:58 AM EDT
    Cool. Who are going to be the hosts? Vix, Christopher, and Rune?
    • 557 posts
    August 2, 2013 2:02 AM EDT

We're actually using a different system for that. 

We're using a combination of Hosts and GMs (both will have Hosting permissions). The Hosts will be all of the current members of the Pending group (unless any people step down). 

• 209 posts
    August 2, 2013 3:04 AM EDT

Interesting ! I may delve into this.

• 557 posts
    August 2, 2013 9:36 AM EDT

I certainly hope you do! We've put a lot of effort into it!

• 1913 posts
    August 2, 2013 1:25 PM EDT
    yeah, but i guessed it without anyone telling me...
    • 1913 posts
    August 2, 2013 1:27 PM EDT
    Prepare for everyone doing nothing but jobs and PvP and no actual RP happens (just like in the last group)
    • 557 posts
    August 2, 2013 1:29 PM EDT

Hardly. We've taken steps to insure that roleplaying is the sole focus of this group (essentially everything needs to be roleplayed).

• 856 posts
    August 2, 2013 1:34 PM EDT

And if I may add, most of the experience points is based on role-play.  So if you want your character to advance in levels, it is best to role-play. 

• 1913 posts
    August 2, 2013 1:35 PM EDT
    :D
  • August 2, 2013 1:39 PM EDT
    I am a bit of an optimist, but I do trust Rune, Perigoe, and Vix to make a good RP-focused system. Might as well start thinking up a character, perhaps an old Redguard blacksmith, or maybe even Charon. Ooh, Charon would be loads of fun, now that I think about it.
    • 409 posts
    August 2, 2013 1:51 PM EDT

The reason I stopped getting on blackwood a lot is because I like to RP but felt that there was no character progression unless I grinded quests. I hope this new blackwood group will improve the progression system.

• 12 posts
    August 2, 2013 1:52 PM EDT

I remember back when this was known as the Crescent Moon Tavern. It was run by one person known as Hunter... a lot has changed since then i guess (Including several name changes... Bryn). Interesting, I might join.

• 12 posts
    August 2, 2013 1:54 PM EDT

I guess what turns me off however is the complexity. In CMT it was just talking about current Skyrim events... "Aye get me another mead... have you heard about the dragonborn" kind of stuff. I guess I'll try and get into this again.

• 1913 posts
    August 2, 2013 1:56 PM EDT
    And sevral pic changes... (Talen)
    • 159 posts
    August 2, 2013 3:04 PM EDT

Emer I had one question could I still use my char from the previous blackwood? I have the entire char paige saved exactly like before if you could answer this that would be great

• 1913 posts
    August 2, 2013 3:16 PM EDT
    it should be new