Forums » Elder Scrolls

Replaying Characters

• 55 posts
    December 13, 2013 8:57 PM EST

I'm curious as to why you chose the female version to be the powerplay style lol

• 55 posts
    December 13, 2013 8:58 PM EST

Seems we have a mythology both hmm? That does sound like three completely different takes on the same character though. Why'd you change it so drastically each time?

• 39 posts
    December 13, 2013 9:07 PM EST
    Well I haven't been alive for so long, so I have no clue about these dungeons and dragons, or Everquest. So no lifetime characters for me, but I do plan to remake my favorite Skyrim characters.
    • 55 posts
    December 13, 2013 9:21 PM EST

Out of curiosity, what makes you want to replay them? Was it their power, their personality, etc.

• 45 posts
    December 13, 2013 9:22 PM EST

I wanted to have the same personality, but different combat preferences. In each one I'm a complete jerk who kills people just for disagreeing with me.

• 39 posts
    December 13, 2013 9:25 PM EST
    Well my defiler which is one build I plan to remake is an Orc that shares similar combat prowess to that of Axe in dota, and uses poisons and smithing to power himself, his alignment is wobbly as he is conflicted about being evil or serving the greater good. Probably a character best for a singlplayer game, but the skills could be incorporated into ESO
    • 39 posts
    December 13, 2013 9:27 PM EST
    My Housecarl build might have a better synergy with ESO, imaging an honorable nord who would do anything to protect the ebonheart pact
    • 55 posts
    December 13, 2013 9:37 PM EST

When I remake characters I have always pretty much used the same backstory and skills. I had grown up on the old PS2 multiplayer games so I was used to creating skillsets for those situations. I found that anything that works by itself, will work in multiplayer, you just won't have maximized your potential as you would if you had dedicated roles.

• 55 posts
    December 13, 2013 9:43 PM EST

I think I always kept the same general combat lol. But with my recent interests that might change. And with ESO that sorcerer class is too juicey to pass up, so I may be swaying towards a more mage-like character. Which gives me more reason to go back and replay a bunch of games! 

• December 14, 2013 2:56 AM EST

One of my characters is a vampire who is extremely old. I've considered recreating her for ESO as an origin story. She's an Imperial, but maybe I can rework her as a Nord. She's mainly an illusion/conjuration mage who doesn't do much actual fighting 

• 55 posts
    December 14, 2013 3:07 AM EST

I forgot about that! There are no Imperials in ESO. I wonder how people will get around that if their normal character is based off an Imperial. Will they just do like you said, and work around it or do you think some people will actually just drop the idea? 

• 59 posts
    December 14, 2013 8:00 AM EST

Cuz I start as male, and when I replay, I wil either powerplay, or gimp myself and powerplay within the rules....

Much like my recent incarnate, same character, but now with pickpocket, lockpicking and actual sneak perks. Have not yet wore real mages atire, wil only start doing that when il slowly become more combat oriented, as of i now, I steal everything without engadement. Or use said tactic when I realy need to. Makes up for a good change 

• 51 posts
    December 14, 2013 2:01 PM EST

If I ever play ESO, I'll probably do so as my Nord 2HW Vortniir.  I like big swords.

• 185 posts
    December 14, 2013 2:04 PM EST

...And I cannot lie. You other brothers can't deny That when a guard walks in with a nitty-gritty case And a round shield in your face Your hilt's wrung, things are gonna get rough 'Cause you notice those boots are cuffed. Blood's on the mail he's wearin I'm crooked and I can't stop starin Back off, I'm gonna come get you Priest read your scripture. Companions have adorned me But that strut you got makes me so thorny. Ooh, Crippled has been You say you're gonna come take me in? Well, bruise me, noose me, 'Cause you ain't nothin but a trainee I'll have you dancin' To hell with your prancin'. No threat, vet, Arrow to knee filled with regret. I'm tired of these soft high kings Hirin' men who can't upswing Take the average Nord man and ask him that Sword's gotta have no slack So fightas! (Yea) Fightas! (Yea!) Has your swordarm got the steel? Go 'head and swing it! (Swing it!) Swing it! (Swing it!) Swing that heavy steel! Blades've got smack. (Whiterun forge with Markarth silver) Blades've got smack.

• 55 posts
    December 14, 2013 2:26 PM EST

You sir, must be extremely bored lol.

• 185 posts
    December 14, 2013 2:31 PM EST

• 55 posts
    December 14, 2013 2:35 PM EST

That's actually not too bad. Did you come up with that yourself or find it somewhere?

• 185 posts
    December 14, 2013 2:39 PM EST
    • 51 posts
    December 14, 2013 2:39 PM EST

That's awesome.

Here's video of me doing karaoke of Baby Got Back on my 30th birthday, haha:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=182696595095010&set=vb.100000640134729&type=3

• 55 posts
    December 14, 2013 2:58 PM EST

You were having the time of your life xD

Anyway, this got way too off topic.

...Lozhar 

• 185 posts
    December 14, 2013 3:02 PM EST

Sorry!

• December 14, 2013 5:54 PM EST

Awesome