Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favorite weapon in Skyrim?

• 24 posts
    July 21, 2013 7:05 PM EDT

My favorite weapon is either the Ebony Blade, Dawnbreaker, or Chillrend (for the Oblivion nostalgia).

• 1483 posts
    July 21, 2013 7:08 PM EDT

Mine is shiv! It's amazing, a real primitive tool to bring death via poisons and multiple stabs!

• 131 posts
    July 21, 2013 7:10 PM EDT
    The Daedric weapons are my favorite weapons, simply for their demonic look but also how well done they look. Kinda like the elven/glass weapons.
    • 24 posts
    July 21, 2013 7:28 PM EDT
    Bound bow.Strong arrows. Rapid fire. Easy acquisition.
    • 18 posts
    July 21, 2013 7:33 PM EDT
    Skyforge steel. Strong forged in the ashes of my predecessor Kodlak and each stroke of my glorious blade is reverence for Kodlak. My sword and dagger in Rp were forged with all the hate I had for the Silver Hand and my awe and reverence for Kodlak White-mane.
    • 24 posts
    July 21, 2013 8:22 PM EDT
    Skyforge steel is probably #2 for me. Pretty easy to obtain and powerful without much investment. Also some of the other stuff is cartoony to me.
    • 88 posts
    July 21, 2013 9:14 PM EDT
    I have to say ebony greatsword or any deadric weapon(the armour on the other hand....) because they look terrifying! They look like they were crafted by a demon from the deepest region of oblivion.The glass sword is pretty nice to. My least favourite has to be the elven sword,and maybe the iron mace.
    • 89 posts
    July 21, 2013 9:18 PM EDT

Ebony sword. I just love how it looks. It's sexy. It's a sexy weapon.

• 189 posts
    July 21, 2013 9:59 PM EDT

A man after my own heart. Shivs are the best! Other favorites of mine include Windshear (sorry, I know it's absurdly OP but it's also absurdly fun in a support role), Ebony Blade (endless combat, awesome aesthetic, and you can pick it up at level 20, what's not to love?), and Auriel's Bow (cool appearance, awesome effects).

Lately I've also been really loving the Bound Sword. I wish it had a simpler aesthetic, like the Blades Sword, but I love using potions and enchants to counter its inherent weakness of not being temperable.

And I love Silver Greatswords purely for their appearance. Throw on a custom enchant and they can wreak havoc at any level to boot.

• 25 posts
    July 21, 2013 10:03 PM EDT

dragon by far I love how unrefined some of them look and there handles look uber sexy but its seriously not worth the hassle of smithing that much for aesthetics

• 80 posts
    July 21, 2013 10:09 PM EDT

Nightingale Sword and Bow

Second goes to bound weapons, other than battleaxe.

• 185 posts
    July 21, 2013 10:14 PM EDT
    Blades Sword/Ebony Blade
    • 116 posts
    July 21, 2013 11:47 PM EDT

I only wish that they had a unique appearance.  Bums me out that they look the same as the regular steel stuff.  :(

IMO, they should look as though they were made to match the Companions' Armor.

• 131 posts
    July 22, 2013 12:01 AM EDT

Just a quick little tid-bit, if you're playing on a PC there is a mod out there (the name escapes me) that transforms all of the Skyforged weapons to look unique from ordinary steel weapons.

Of course it also aloows things like making the Skyforge weapons out of other materials like Dwarven and Ebony which may be a little "unreal" for some people.

• 47 posts
    July 22, 2013 1:42 AM EDT
    Just the Skyforge Steel Sword powerful and basic.
  • Jen
    • 88 posts
    July 22, 2013 1:56 AM EDT

I like the Bound Sword and Bound Bow the best, also really like Dawnbreaker.

• 116 posts
    July 22, 2013 10:06 PM EDT
    Dawn breaker, Silver sword, imperial sword, Dawngaurd axe all look really cool. For some reason I really love nettlebane even though its just an ebony dagger recolored
    • 661 posts
    July 22, 2013 10:25 PM EDT

Nightengale Sword or The Champion's Cudgel.

For non special weapons. The Glass Sword (Absorb health + Paralyze for one sec or Absorb Stamina) The Ebony Great sword. Whatever Smith, forged these weapons. May they enjoy everlasting glory in the many lines and numbers that they exist within.

• 116 posts
    July 23, 2013 3:40 AM EDT

I've seen the mod, and I can't remember the name either.  Unfortunately, I play on PS3.

• 1 posts
    July 23, 2013 10:27 AM EDT

I really love the Bloodskal blade, but t's really nothing special as far as gameplay goes unfortunately.

• 18 posts
    July 23, 2013 12:35 PM EDT

I rather like there look cause I always go for a Ranger look like strider. The steel sword is the most carried and I would think that If there were actually rangers like that in skyrim they would carry regular swords not legendary or anything like that lol sorry I am a big Lord Of The Rings fan.

• 18 posts
    July 23, 2013 12:37 PM EDT

Bound weapons can be brutal in lower levels heck I did a Arcane assassin play through with one and illusion cut scene everytime.

• 18 posts
    July 23, 2013 12:38 PM EDT

Exactly I mean I dont use my weapons much to busy riping people apart as a werewolf.

• 70 posts
    July 23, 2013 5:18 PM EDT

Stalhrim Warhammer with Frost Damage is probably the coolest weapon I've ever bought from a shop; amazing damage, good reach, and the simplicity of the design somehow makes it more appealing than the more detailed weapons.

My favorite unique weapon would have to be Dawnbreaker, because of the design of the weapon and also the effect it has on undead.

• 74 posts
    July 23, 2013 9:20 PM EDT

All of the Carved Nordic weaponry, they all manage to bring a kind of Celtic look to mind.