Forums » Elder Scrolls

what do you name your custom enchanted gear/weapons

• 116 posts
    July 16, 2013 4:10 PM EDT
    I'm currently using a Nordic sword that has both ice and shock damage enchants. Since my character is also a Nord I named my sword Thórr Jötunn, or thunder and ice in ancient Norse language. What are some cool names for your custom gear
    • 1 posts
    July 16, 2013 5:57 PM EDT
    My favorite was Shingetsu: an ebony sword on which I put lightning and moon damage.
  • July 16, 2013 6:06 PM EDT

I may be wrong on this, but Jotunn means giant. Pretty sure. 

I have a stalhrim dagger named frostbite. Obvious Ice enchantment. 

My favorite is my Dragonbone Greatsword. Her name is Epilogue because she's the end of your story. Fire enchantment. 

• 116 posts
    July 16, 2013 6:25 PM EDT
    Ha epilogue is great. And thanks I'll find the correct translation and will be an easy fix
    • 116 posts
    July 16, 2013 6:58 PM EDT
    What I'm finding now ice is svell. Doesn't sound as cool but oh well
    • 7 posts
    July 16, 2013 9:27 PM EDT

I just name things after artifacts from the previous games. Examples: I have a dagger called shimmerstrike, I'm in the process of making an elven dagger called sufferthorn and I have an ancient Nord sword called The Debaser.

• 80 posts
    July 16, 2013 9:57 PM EDT

Recently enchanted my Shaman's Axe with fiery soul trap and named it Axis Mundi which means the connection between Heaven and Earth.

• 32 posts
    July 17, 2013 2:04 AM EDT

I had a crossbow named Heartseeker (not very original) and a ancient nord axe called frozen flame (bit better named). Heartseeker had health drain and stamina drain, Frozen flame was fire and frost enchantments.