Forums » Elder Scrolls

The Shout Competition

• 268 posts
    July 16, 2013 3:59 PM EDT

Anybody up for a shout making competition? Using the dragon language, what shout would you make?

Rules:
    1. The shout has to be three words long. No more, no less.
    2. It cannot be massively over powered (ie, it completely blows up the world or kills an Aedra or something).
    3. It cannot be a copy of a shout already in the game.
    4. It needs to be in both dragon language, human, have a name and have a brief description of what it does.
    5. Have fun!

Shout Prizes:
    Most Original Shout:

Nightmare - Shor

Ved Vol Vukon (Black Horror Shadow)

There is no light. The victim sees black, horror overtakes them as they see shadows of demons that aren't there. They go insane, are susceptible to attack, or start swinging their weapon around aimlessly.

Most Convincing Shout:

Arcane Shield Blast - Atlas

Sahrot Gogil Kogaan (Mighty Shield Fury)

Erects a bubble shield around the Dragonborn that deflects all forms of ranged attacks. Upon dissipation an energy wave is released which drains the magicka and stamina of all enemies in range.

Funniest Shout:

Pimpus - Calo

Bex Ek Brii (Open Her Beauty)

Rips off the clothes of targeted female NPCs and flings them into the air, leaving the Dragonborn standing there smiling and feeling pretty damn sure of himself.

Here's my shout (obviously it won't be in any competitions or anything):
    Mortal Wound
    Slen Sos Queth (Flesh Blood Bone)
    "This shout cuts your opponent like a blade, going through flesh, blood and bone."

So what's yours?

Competition closes on Saturday 27th of July, so submit you shout before then.

Winners announced.

• 856 posts
    July 16, 2013 4:02 PM EDT

Clever idea.  I'll have to get back to you on this. 

When Is the deadline for submissions?

• 268 posts
    July 16, 2013 4:07 PM EDT
    I haven't decided yet. I wasn't really expecting people to reply much, but if they do, I'll come up with a deadline. In the next couple of days at most. Would it work if this became a sort of annual thing, were I could create a theme or something for the shouts and have different prizes?
    • 856 posts
    July 16, 2013 4:10 PM EDT

You should give it at least a week, some people don't log in but once or twice a week.  In any case, I'll try to get a submission in within a day or so...I need to log out now, real life calls.

• 22 posts
    July 16, 2013 4:15 PM EDT

Russian Goblin

Gein Gogil Kogaan (One Goblin Blessing)

"Summons a Goblin that when hit, multiplies into two smaller goblins, and so on."

• July 16, 2013 4:18 PM EDT

If I remember right, I think I made one called Blood Rip. "SosVeyVaaz" It rips the blood outward from the body, cutting flesh as it is torn from the body. The remains are only the skeleton and whatever metal they were wearing. 

Chunks of meat, steams of blood, and pieces of clothing are splattered in around the area.

Also, "VedVolVokun" aka "Nightmare"

The there is no light. The victim sees black, horror overtakes them as they see shadows of demons not there. They go insane, are susceptible to attack, or start swinging their weapon around aimlessly.  

• 268 posts
    July 16, 2013 4:19 PM EDT
    Cool, thanks.
    • 268 posts
    July 16, 2013 4:20 PM EDT
    Great ideas! I love the nightmare one, sounds great, especially for a vampire style build.
    • 268 posts
    July 16, 2013 4:20 PM EDT
    Lol, sounds fun. I wish I had me a Russian Goblin.
  • July 16, 2013 4:21 PM EDT

Blood rip was already in my blog, but Nightmare hasn't made an appearance yet

• Tim
    • 89 posts
    July 16, 2013 4:23 PM EDT

Cool idea man, I'll see what I can come up with!

• July 16, 2013 4:24 PM EDT

Why is a "Russian" goblin? Because Russians just keep coming?

• 268 posts
    July 16, 2013 4:24 PM EDT
    So which one are you submitting? You can only chose one if you want to submit a shout.
  • July 16, 2013 4:26 PM EDT

DANG IT! 

I'll choose Nightmare then. I submit Nightmare. 

• 116 posts
    July 16, 2013 4:28 PM EDT
    Shout name: Pimpus
    Bex Ek Brii (open her beauty)
    The shout will rip female NPCs cloths of and fling them through the air. Leaving your dova standing there smiling feeling pretty damn sure of himself ;) ;)
    • 116 posts
    July 16, 2013 4:29 PM EDT
    Off*
  • July 16, 2013 4:31 PM EDT

you can edit your post, calo. also, your shout is something I would use. 

• 268 posts
    July 16, 2013 4:52 PM EDT
    Me like. I think I'll have to practise that one, maybe on Aela. Oh, the possibilities...
    • 268 posts
    July 16, 2013 4:52 PM EDT
    I was hoping you would say that. Okay then, I'll get down to writing in the submitted shouts...
    • 116 posts
    July 16, 2013 5:16 PM EDT
    Nightmare sounds very cool. Like a shout that should have been released with the game
    • 7 posts
    July 16, 2013 5:20 PM EDT
    Blades Power Dov Al Dur (Dragon Destroyer Curse)
    Summons the mighty Dragon-born Tiber Septim to Assist you, once per day. He can one shot enemies, Know all shouts, and wears the Imperial Dragon Armour ( This is intend to be an endgame shout)
    • 147 posts
    July 16, 2013 5:35 PM EDT

Kaag Dinok Tef ( Burst, Death, Pull). Traitors Irony

This shout infuses the enemy with an explosive aura which over a certain amount of time, makes him explode. The enemy attracts the agro of his teammates, or other enemies near him, and he gains of bit of health to sustain them in the fight, when the timer ends or the enemy dies, they explode, dealing damage to themselves if still alive, and to anyone close to them except you.(in game this does not have to be insta kill)

The first word just adds the explosion, the second word adds a bigger radius and damage output, and the third word attracts multiple enemies towards the target, dealing damage to them also.

This shout each time used, switches between each element, ice fire, and storm, any enemies who survive the explosion will be left with a lingering elemental damage on them for 10 seconds. I anticipate the recharge for this shout to be 2 minutes or a minute and a half.

• 1483 posts
    July 16, 2013 5:38 PM EDT

Ven Lah Gaan - Wind, Magicka, Stamina - creates a whirlwind on a target that rapidly drains enemy magicka and stamina and slows them for 60 seconds (first word only slows, second adds drain magicka, third adds drain stamina)

Feim Zun Gaar - Fade, Weapon, Unleash - creates an ethereal weapon in the air that attacks your enemies (first word makes you able to summon weapon for 30 seconds, second - for 45 and third - for 60 seconds)

Yol Fo Qo - Fire, Frost, Lightning - surrounds you in an aura of all three elements (each dealing 5 damage) for 60 seconds (first word gives you only flame cloak, second adds frost, third adds lightning)

To choose one, I'll choose the first 

• 271 posts
    July 16, 2013 5:44 PM EDT
    You know those dolls wich has another doll in it wich has another doll and so on?I think that's what he means...
  • July 16, 2013 5:53 PM EDT

oh those creepy dolls that pop out of one another. neat