Forums » The Lounge

Are there any other female gamers here? c:

• 78 posts
    July 19, 2013 11:31 PM EDT

I wish I could give advice!  For me I only love playing a select few games.  There's many out there I would like to try, but I can't be like my husband and play everything.  Skyrim is is right up my alley.  I love the look of it, reminds me of LoTR, and everything about it.  I like using blades and bows and magic - sometimes.  I'm not a big gun girl.  So hopefully she'll just be watching you play it one day and get the urge to to kill something.  

• 622 posts
    July 20, 2013 4:01 AM EDT

Right here :D Myself and my girlfriend are both big Skyrim nuts, in fact, she got me into it ^^

• 33 posts
    July 20, 2013 4:11 AM EDT

Hi Rachel! Welcome :)

• 622 posts
    July 20, 2013 5:56 AM EDT

Haha, Rachel sin't really my name but Rai-Kai is one of my characters :P Real name is boring XD

• 140 posts
    July 20, 2013 9:55 AM EDT

Tough question Calo, as I have always liked video games from an early age...Space Invaders and Pacman and whatnot.  However Skyrim and others are completely different, as they allow you to create your own story--it is almost like living in your own action fantasy novel.  So perhaps that might be the explanation that could give a hook for your wife?  Sure, there is fighting involved, but there is a lot of story and room for one's own imagination to make your character develop.

Also, maybe you could offer to play the game together, creating a character together (make it female and let your wife make the choices for how she looks) and take turns adventuring together?  I also politely suggest that after the first initial explanations of how the controller works, do not tell her how to play the game (just explain the need for frequent saves and how to do it).    The most fun is the discovery in this game!  But if you are taking turns playing a character, deciding on your next destination or choice in quest can also be very fun to do as a couple.  

Who knows?  Maybe she will decide to play the rest of the character on her own, and you will be arguing over who gets to play the game next!  

• 9 posts
    July 20, 2013 12:57 PM EDT

Hey Rae-Kai, welcome to skyrim blog and as you can see there are quite a few of us female gamers here. Hope you enjoy the site, have fun. 

• 6 posts
    July 20, 2013 1:45 PM EDT

Wandered on to this page (not a girl, sorry), immediately cracked up when I read Bryn's comments...