Forums » Elder Scrolls

Advice from Skyrim Veterans

• 3 posts
    July 15, 2013 11:30 AM EDT

Hello. Well I missed out on the beginning of Skyrim because I was away. I been home for about a year now. The first game I got into was this and put I think about 100 hours in. I know that seems small compared to many gamers lol. I did a basic I would say warrior build. Loved using a 2 handed sword. Beat the campaign and did some side stuff. I later on made a almost Warlock type build from World of Warcraft summoning a deadra lord and got the achievement for the mage quest line.

I stopped playing Skyrim because well my 360 has so many other games I love. From Borderlands to Tomb Raider to playing Dead Space 3 co-op with my brother. Skryim is that game where once I start, it's all I will do. I do want to get each DLC this week. I do want to get back into the world. I got a black 360 and traded in my white one. So I did lose my save files. No biggie, I kept all my achievements.

So I would like to get each one before the DLC's, is there a certain guide someone would recommend to getting each Achievement unlocked? It's like Skyrim is SOOO massive lol I really have no idea where to begin again in this massive world so I wanted to ask here what people think. If you would like I can list what ones I need and what ones I have beaten.

Thank you for reading this and so far this site seems well put together.

• 59 posts
    July 15, 2013 2:39 PM EDT

I personaly think to get all achievements u need a solid basis, a character u can stick with for a long time.

I know I beat all base achievements (b4 any dlc got out) but 2. Thats because I never sink more than 150 hours on a character. And I dont like the prospect of bookhunter and all deadra pleaser. To big rp bump for me. (made me quit my best playtrouch ever)

That said, the rest is easy if u don't mind googleling and a few spoilers.

Good luck,

Remy

• 41 posts
    July 15, 2013 2:56 PM EDT

The quest achievements are pretty self explanatory, just follow each of the different quest lines to get them. For the one where you need to get 100,000 gold, I would suggest doing both the Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood as there is big money in both. You could grind a bit, but seeing as your doing the questlines anyway, there isn't much point. For the 1000 bounty in each hold one, just murder someone in every city, pretty simple. You might want to do it outside the city if you play on a higher difficulty, easier to escape. Look up walkthroughs for all of the daedric quests to get them done and then finally, the misc objective quests, you will probably just want to wander Skyrim and take every quest you get offered. 

Hope this helped

• 13 posts
    July 15, 2013 3:03 PM EDT

The 100,000 gold achievement is easier if you do the dark brother quest line *minor spoiler* because of the 10,000 gold boost later on

• 3 posts
    July 15, 2013 5:21 PM EDT

Appreciate all the responses. yeah i always wondered how to get 1000 bounty in each hold lol. I was curious if you kill someone does that make them always hostile or just until you pay off the bounty? i mean i never really angered a guard since they would always drop me with ease lol.

Like most games nowadays i also feel you need to make multiple playthroughs right? I mean I can't imagine being able to do a thieves guild and mage guild achv because if your focusing on your magic, you wouldn't be putting anything into thief based abilities

• 116 posts
    July 15, 2013 7:54 PM EDT

I kinda cheated a bit there... I killed a person in each hold... and once the achievement popped, I reloaded the previous save so my character wasn't marred by the bounty! 

(I actually did the same to complete the Werewolf and Vamp skill trees.)

• 3 posts
    July 16, 2013 3:56 AM EDT

Lol well it's not really a cheat as long as the Achv pops. I have done very similar things in other games. What I find sad and I can't blame them because I find this game beyond epic is I know they said the DLC is done and because I am playing Borderlands 2, more dlc is on the way. I guess a game like Skyrim you can have too much lol. But it still makes me sad knowing when I buy all of it, it's done.