Forums » Elder Scrolls

Lazy Bethesda workers

• 116 posts
    July 15, 2013 12:05 AM EDT

I think you are forgetting Daggers, Greatswords, Battleaxes and Warhammers!  And of course, Magic.  While not a weapon in the traditional sense, it certainly can serve a role in combat and make even the most boring of sword seem a bit more interesting when used together.

Now, if you were complaining that Conjuration doesn't have enough variety, I would have to agree.

• 116 posts
    July 15, 2013 12:07 AM EDT

*rolls eyes*

Apparently, you are not a computer programmer.  Fixing bugs is never an easy task.  And just because a mod has fixed a bug doesn't mean that it was fixed in the right way.  There are often short-cuts that can result in more load on your system, or a propensity for other things to go wrong, etc.

There is no such thing as bug-free... or in a game with as many variables as Skyrim, even "bug negligible."

• 80 posts
    July 15, 2013 12:24 AM EDT

I still think that, given the proper amount of time, these bug fixes could have been possible. Even after 9 patches and almost 2 years later, there are STILL game-breaking glitches not to mention all the countless smaller ones still in the game.

I'm not asking for perfection but bug fixes should have been made a priority instead of an afterthought.

• 116 posts
    July 15, 2013 12:31 AM EDT

Unfortunately, bug fixes don't build revenue... DLCs do.  While I agree that some bugs could certainly have been squashed, it isn't always something that can be squeezed into the schedules that Devs are given to work with.

• 80 posts
    July 15, 2013 12:51 AM EDT

Well that's true.

I just hope that the new consoles and games will be less buggy.

• 1913 posts
    July 15, 2013 12:53 AM EDT
    bethesda if famous for amazing yet buggy games...
    • 209 posts
    July 15, 2013 3:20 AM EDT

Lazy Bethesda workers for making a game that has caused you to come to a website named in honour of it.

• 33 posts
    July 15, 2013 4:07 AM EDT

In my point of view, Skyrim is good even without mods. I played like 13 different builds before I even went on the Nexus, and I still don't think that I would get bored without mods. In fact, I think I would enjoy it just as much as I do right now. I can only name like 4-5 'essential' mods for my adventures, and I never think "man, these mods should've been in the game from release" (sadly, on the Nexus, every immersion increasing mod receives around 15 comments like this) because that is not true. For example, to me, one of those 'essential' mods is Frostfall, and I don't think everyone else would enjoy to freeze to death if they go to a snowy area without a cloak and a tent. I use it because I like survival-oriented things, but I don't automatically assume that everyone else should use it aswell. About bugs, strangely, I almost NEVER encountered quest-related bugs in Skyrim, and I don't use any unofficial patches. It would maybe because I never started the civil-war quests, but I have pretty much done every guild quest, the Dawnguard questline, and all the daedric quests. In the Main Quest, there were some problems, but most were solved by a reload. The devs aren't lazy, they made a great game in my opinion. 

• 28 posts
    July 15, 2013 4:08 AM EDT

-Dungeons that look the same.

Well, for example, the barrows were built by the ancient Nords, so of course they are going to look similar, because they all share the same style of architecture, same with Dwemer ruins.

-Terrible armor sets

That't entirely subjective. Just because you think an armor set is "terrible" doesn't mean it is.

• 147 posts
    July 15, 2013 1:22 PM EDT

Still, the bugs they do fix sometimes, are one that don't bother most people. People say be grateful they fixed bugs but then there are times when the world isn't loaded, or when I fall through the floor, or when my weapons disappear on the rack. Plus the armor is just not really thought out in my opinion, like daedric, steel, glass, especially dark brotherhood, and dragon. They look kinda cool, but cool in the way that it would impress 7yr olds. The basis of the armors are either red and back for evil, pointy shoulders, or big bulky chest pieces which make you look like a retro transformer, and usually some basic designs or carvings in the pieces, and that onlys in barely any armors. I still play skyrim, but you think if they had time to make an 500 hr+ game, you can at least take some time to put some detail into the things people would expect to be detailed.

• 147 posts
    July 15, 2013 1:25 PM EDT

They are not all terrible, ebony is beautiful, but just look at the dark brotherhood armor for a couple of minutes...

• 147 posts
    July 15, 2013 1:33 PM EDT

What I said about most of the things in game was an exaggeration, yes. But if you can get pissed off because someone is talking about a game, then I can surely get mad about Bethesda leaving their game in the dust patting themselves on the back thinking they've done a great job. Sure it was a good game for its value, it could've been alot better, it didn't fail entirely. Its just when they fix things like spamming iron daggers instead of falling through the ground randomly or the world not loading, that's just stupid. My criticism is harsh? How bout if they didn't make these mistakes they're wouldn't be any criticism except from trolls. The elder scrolls is creative, but not skyrim, don't get that mixed up. What's creative about the armor sets? What's creative about clearing out bandits forts then getting paid 100 gold over and over and over. How creative is the main storyline for you to be some destined hero whose main goal is to save the world from a world eating dragon. Yeah Tim, whatever helps you sleep at night.

• 147 posts
    July 15, 2013 1:34 PM EDT

I didn't come to this site mainly for skyrim, this might as well be considered a tes site.

• 147 posts
    July 15, 2013 1:42 PM EDT

Let me remind people of legendary difficulty, and master difficulty, the game doesn't get more complex at all, the enemies just get stronger, and you get weaker. This is not an excuse for saying you made the game "more complex" or detailed. Actually needing torches, that'd be a good thing to have in legendary, being able to get weaker from sleep deprivation, that'd be something to put in legendary, they need to add things that immerse you into the game. New weapons or armor only immerse simple people in my opinion, suspenseful quest, mysteries, having your character have a personality, these things are immersive. Not being a shell who who serves everybody and rarely gets thank you, yet at the same time you're an ancient hero from the beginning of time.

• 38 posts
    July 15, 2013 1:45 PM EDT

people still bought the fuck out of it and we all still love it. Guess they figured out they dont really need to. Most dungeouns are shit though, and I dont like most of the armor (I think Stalhrim armor looks terrible). Not to mention, Bethesda needs to learn to do proper AI (If any one has seen the Bandit Logic pic you know what i mean). Or when couriers talk to you as your fighting a dragon.

• 147 posts
    July 15, 2013 1:45 PM EDT

I want a small game with no flaws apparently Ben? It can have flaws, just not immersion breaking flaws. I don't even like cod and your comment was just rude. If they would have to sacrifice time in their game in order for it not to have alot of flaws, then so be it. Would you rather play an 800 hr+ game with alot of flaws, or a 500 hr+ game with barely any flaws? 

• 147 posts
    July 15, 2013 1:46 PM EDT

^

• 147 posts
    July 15, 2013 1:47 PM EDT

A courier visited me in blackreach...k.

• July 15, 2013 2:08 PM EDT
    I like Glass armor, so obviously that makes you wrong. What? It's subjective? Fine...

I'm with Kyrielle on this and Armathyx to an extent. I'm a big fan of the armor in Skyrim, though I also less cartoony and less unrealistic armor (as in people would actually use it). I agree with Arma about the lack of variety in spells and weapons, though I really don't agree with the skills notion (Daggerfall had what? 36 skills, some could easily be combined into a single skill), I'm fine with the reduction, though I still obviously miss certain skills (unarmed and especially unarmored). I'm more concerned with the lack of usefulness in certain skills, than the lack of skills.

One big gripe I have is the lack of unique looks for certain artifacts. The Pale Blade should look different than the typical ancient Nord sword (I would bring up the strength of certain artifacts, but I really don't give a damn about its effectiveness compared to looks).

Either way, when it's all said and done, Skyrim is, and will be for awhile, my favorite TES game.
    • 147 posts
    July 15, 2013 2:12 PM EDT

Its my favorite to, since its largely better than most tes games in my opinion, but its just not my favorite game.

• 1483 posts
    July 15, 2013 2:15 PM EDT

Sigdis, the thing is that most 500, 800 hr+ games are bound to have flaws. The game that large can't be flawless especially if it's an open world game. 

• 13 posts
    July 15, 2013 2:51 PM EDT

2 things

1) Some of the things like the world not loading or falling through the ground takes a long time to figure out what is causing it as well as fix it so whats the big deal if they fix some minor things in the meantime?

2) You obviously liked the game if you named your self after one of the few actual named enemies that aren't in the main quest

I have a question for you why are you complaining so much they are flaws with everything even you. You are being so pessimistic. Why are you focusing on all of the of flaws there really aren't that many of them and most of them are opinion based you dont even look at the good things in the game so what if you don't like the armors or the quests if you don't like it don't play the game. Simple.

• 13 posts
    July 15, 2013 2:55 PM EDT

Once again all of this stuff for you is opinion based

• 13 posts
    July 15, 2013 2:57 PM EDT

They added many new types of weapons and armor with the dlcs 

• 1913 posts
    July 15, 2013 4:08 PM EDT
    THAT'S AWESOME!