Forums » Elder Scrolls

What's the most boring city in Skyrim and why ?

• 9 posts
    July 8, 2013 7:02 AM EDT
    I was just walking through Morthal one day, and it hit me that this is probably the most boring city. It's in a swamp and it just looks ugly and boring and there's barely any quests you could do in Morthal. Who would want to live there like seriously.

So, I want to know from you guys my fellow TES lovers to let me know what's the most boring city to you in Skyrim and why. PS. I got the idea for this discussion from Shimazu's Discussion "What's your favorite hold/city."
    • 130 posts
    July 8, 2013 7:06 AM EDT

Well, I used to think Morthal was the most boring city, but then all that crap went down with the Vampires. I think that redeems it. For me, Whiterun is probably the most boring city because I have been there so many times and the architecture is so very boring. 

• 9 posts
    July 8, 2013 7:08 AM EDT
    Who hasn't been to Whiterun a zillion times ? Lol
    • 1483 posts
    July 8, 2013 7:15 AM EDT

Solitude for me. All the quests besides a Mind For Madness and Wolf Queen Awakened are boring, a huge amount of fetch quests, that are in the same town - too many lazy people there! Morthal has one of the most interesting quests in the game, has a resident alchemist there (who everyone refers to as very knowledgeable), Phinis Gestor's mentor who's the only one can cure your vampirism, visionary Jarl 

• 9 posts
    July 8, 2013 7:18 AM EDT
    Never thought about that lol. I guess the appearance of Morthal just kept me away from delving into it and digging for some quests.
    • 1483 posts
    July 8, 2013 7:33 AM EDT

The only downside in Morthal for me is the lack of a general goods merchant. Even Khajiit caravans don't stop there, so selling anything that's not a potion is problematic. The swamps, however are an extremely good place for poisoners. A vast amount of Deathbell, River Betty, Swamp Fungal Pod, Giant Lichen can be found there.

• 127 posts
    July 8, 2013 7:40 AM EDT

Whiterun because it's just too empty and overrated. I mean, whenever I watch a Skyrim video (non-combat), boom Whiterun!

• 9 posts
    July 8, 2013 7:42 AM EDT
    Amen lol.
    • 127 posts
    July 8, 2013 7:44 AM EDT

Oh and I forgot about Winterhold, I mean, it's way too small.

• 9 posts
    July 8, 2013 7:49 AM EDT
    What about all the villages not cities but the villages I mean you have to walk to all of them because the carriage drivers can't take you to them unless you have hearthfire. I mean I like to walk around Skyrim but sometimes I want to get there quick and I can't !
    • 30 posts
    July 8, 2013 7:52 AM EDT

For me it's a tie between Windhelm and Winterhold. Windhelm, of all of the major cities is dull and in the crappiest condition. Doesn't really help that I dislike most of the NPCs in that city either. WInterhold, well because it's not even fit to be called a town, let alone a city. The only thing of interest there is the College. Whiterun is right behind these two purely for the sake of me visiting it way too many times.

• 1913 posts
    July 8, 2013 7:56 AM EDT
    morthol... whenever i enter it i just get a feeling of dread... there is literlly nothing interesting about it (i can pick apart the quest "laid to rest" SO much because of how stupid it is...)
    • 9 posts
    July 8, 2013 7:58 AM EDT
    I'm 100% with you on that one Bryn lol.
    • 11 posts
    July 8, 2013 8:18 AM EDT

I'm going to throw Karthwasten into the mix.

• 88 posts
    July 8, 2013 12:03 PM EDT
    It has to be Morthal or Windhelm, there just boring, dark and unatractive.
    • 22 posts
    July 15, 2013 11:55 PM EDT

Winterhold is the worrrrrst.

That's coming from a non-mage...

• 80 posts
    July 16, 2013 12:17 AM EDT

Other than some small settlements like Rorikstead and Karthwasten, I like every hold.

• 74 posts
    July 16, 2013 12:40 AM EDT
    Windhelm was so boring. Some racists and a murder mystery, that's it. Plus I just hate the look of the place.
    • 74 posts
    July 16, 2013 12:42 AM EDT
    Winterhold is pretty cool to RP from. I just wish they would have let you become Jarl and fix the place up.
    • 80 posts
    July 16, 2013 12:57 AM EDT

I would have loved to be able to rebuild Winterhold and have an actual house there instead of just using the College.