Forums » Elder Scrolls

Which is your Favourite city/hold

• 108 posts
    July 9, 2013 7:18 AM EDT

Falkreath or Riften. I don't like the cold that much. Though the Reach has the best views.

• 209 posts
    July 9, 2013 7:35 AM EDT

I love the cold :D

• 69 posts
    July 9, 2013 7:39 AM EDT

Morthal or the Rift. i love the creepy atmosphere there!

but i probably spend the most time in Whiterun because of the city and quests.

• 49 posts
    July 9, 2013 7:49 AM EDT

Huray!!! Someone agrees with me!

• 108 posts
    July 9, 2013 8:51 AM EDT

Frostfall makes it hard to survive up there. just as it should be. 

• 209 posts
    July 9, 2013 9:05 AM EDT

Yep I use frostfall and realistic needs :)

• 108 posts
    July 9, 2013 9:23 AM EDT

Damn, you are tough. ;-)

• 209 posts
    July 9, 2013 9:30 AM EDT

haha ! you can't beat travelling west from winterhold... no firewood... no trees... screen blurry from being freezing, hungry and thirsty then you spot the lighthouse in the distance ! It's like nothing else I've played :)

• ICE
    • 3 posts
    July 13, 2013 11:35 PM EDT

My favorite is 1: Dawnstar by far then 2: Windhelm 3 Winterhold (I seem to like the cold and snowy places idk why)

• July 13, 2013 11:39 PM EDT

Markarth. Stone and water are beautiful together.

• 116 posts
    July 14, 2013 1:20 AM EDT

Markarth is my favorite City, but I hate the Reach in general.  As for my favorite hold... well, probably the Rift, but honestly Riften bugs me sometimes (though it is one of the cooler cities in terms of aesthetics).  I think I would like Riften more if Maul and Brynjolf weren't so IN YOUR FACE about the Thieves Guild.  Oh, and I hate Maven, she can go DIAF for all I care.

• 2 posts
    July 14, 2013 1:40 AM EDT

None of them because not a single one of them has a single khajiit in it. (Probably for the best, the way Bethesda seems to treat them, they would probly be made the lowest of the low like they always seem to do in Skyrim.)

That point aside I guess it would be Riften, since at least they have a few Argonians in there that aren't practicly slaves (*cough* Windhelm *cough*)

• 209 posts
    July 15, 2013 4:27 AM EDT

I think it's clever what they've done. Bethesda have created discrimination in the world, one thing that we can relate to is discrimination, whether we're the subject of it, or we witness it (or you carry some of its ideologys...). This creates a believable world :)

• 22 posts
    July 15, 2013 11:40 PM EDT

Whiterun is my favorite. I seem to spend the most time There. It just feels like home for all of my characters. Maybe some day I'll pack up my gear and leave the house to Lydia. Solitude is nice this time of year...

• 74 posts
    July 16, 2013 12:52 AM EDT
    I RP my Vampire-Mage from Morthal and role played the whole Morvarth thing into a blood-turf-war and then built my Hearthfire house there. It worked out pretty well actually, since the carriage driver, your bard and your steward don't sleep they could be your thralls.
    • 74 posts
    July 16, 2013 12:55 AM EDT
    I use it as an excuse to kill cats...
    • 10 posts
    July 16, 2013 2:33 AM EDT

Whiterun!, No really

• 24 posts
    July 18, 2013 11:39 AM EDT

I actually enjoy Falkreath because it is in the woods and it is the perfect place for my woodsmen/ranger builds I love so much!

• 89 posts
    July 18, 2013 2:31 PM EDT
    As far as looks Markarth, setting to Riften, and location Whiterun.