Forums » Elder Scrolls

The Elder Scrolls: D20 - A Roleplaying Game

• 1 posts
    October 24, 2013 2:48 PM EDT

I really like this idea and would like to gather up some friends and try this out to see how we like but as I went through the information given, I noticed that some key information was missing: the monster index and the amount of exp per level.

If you don't have this information I could just adapt a DND leveling system for the characters and take the creatures stats for the actual game and nerf them down and fill out the rest of the needed stats.

Thanks ahead of time!

• 365 posts
    November 9, 2013 7:36 PM EST

When were you going to tell us the details? I love DnD, and have been waiting patiently since you posted this.

Please Sir, may I have some more?

• 708 posts
    November 11, 2013 1:39 AM EST

you can check out what I've done so far on Google Docs:

The Elder Scrolls: D20

Yeah... there's kinda about 100 pages of content there.

• 39 posts
    November 24, 2013 8:57 AM EST
    ERMAGERD!!! A Skyrim tabletop game! I didn't know it until now , but deep down I always wanted this since Skyrim came out... Anyway, this may get a special section in the website I am designing. Would it be possible for all the info to be put into PDF files when it's done (u know, one for player-specific info, one for DM info, etc.)?
    • 708 posts
    November 24, 2013 4:55 PM EST

Yeah that's the plan

• 708 posts
    November 24, 2013 4:57 PM EST

Doing an overhaul of the damage system to simplify things a bit and integrate more dice rolling. Also making some changes to Enchanting to streamline that and be able to add Staff enchanting.

• 39 posts
    December 4, 2013 3:45 PM EST

Hey ponty

I was just wondering if you would be okay with me making standard Character sheets (to be available to the public on this discussion). Just asking before I waste more time than it's worth to make it really nice rather than one that would be used by me alone.

• 708 posts
    December 4, 2013 4:24 PM EST

If you like. I was going to make new ones myself after I finish sorting out the new enchanting and Power systems and then re-doing skill/perk/potion descriptions to match.

I think it'll have to be a few pages (2-3) because there's a lot of stuff we need to include. On my first one I completely forgot about armor!

• 708 posts
    December 4, 2013 6:42 PM EST

Made a Facebook page for the RPG, I'll be posting most of my updates there from now on. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/tesd20

• 39 posts
    December 4, 2013 9:40 PM EST
    Ok! I'll get on that, and send a rough draft when it's done. Tell me what ill need to fix when I do.
    • 708 posts
    January 19, 2014 5:31 PM EST

I've made some pretty significant changes to the game since I migrated it to Facebook! I just finished grappling/pushing/grabbing (under Combat/Special Attacks) yesterday. Would really appreciate some feedback!

• 79 posts
    January 19, 2014 6:59 PM EST

Looks awesome Ponty :D

• 365 posts
    January 19, 2014 7:06 PM EST

So, is there going to be a big update on how it all works exactly, like how a generic round plays out? I'm kinda confused....

• 79 posts
    January 19, 2014 7:18 PM EST

Goto the facebook page, the mechanics are outlined there; a written example of it in play can be found here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzFJEj88eFk3MlNXa3lHZk96cGc&usp=sharing

• 365 posts
    January 19, 2014 7:39 PM EST

Is there anything on Race stats/special abilities/skill bonuses/starting racial spells etc.? Couldn't find anything like that in the following link JakeG gave me.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzFJEj88eFk3MlNXa3lHZk96cGc&usp=sharing

Thus far what has been done is amazing Ponty!

• 708 posts
    January 19, 2014 8:07 PM EST

uh, maybe have a look in the Character Creation and Leveling Up doc in the folder you just linked?

• 365 posts
    January 19, 2014 8:30 PM EST

Ha, it's okay, I managed to stop licking the monitor like a mong long enough to click the 'open' button...

• 708 posts
    May 1, 2014 5:15 PM EDT

Still working on it actually. Ran a level 10 playtest 2 weeks ago which was a lot of fun but revealed a lot of balance issues at higher levels.

• 708 posts
    September 28, 2014 6:34 PM EDT

With the system basically finished, I've made some updates to the original post!

• 87 posts
    September 28, 2014 11:22 PM EDT

I do like the D20 system, so I guess I will offer this up to my group at some point.

• 87 posts
    September 28, 2014 11:48 PM EDT

It will probably work very similarly to the other D20 games, such as Pathfinder, Thieves' World, D20 Cthulu, etc. If you haven't played any of those games, you should go play them, too! RPGs are great!

• 10 posts
    October 2, 2014 2:04 PM EDT

This looks really good! Really good! In fact, I just tried making a quick character. Unfortunatly, the character sheet is a bit off from the information in the documents. But still, really good!

• 708 posts
    October 2, 2014 5:52 PM EDT

Which character sheet were you using? This one in the Character Sheets folder in Drive is the current one.

• 10 posts
    October 3, 2014 12:39 PM EDT

I was using that one, but the Character Creation guide doesn't completly match up.

• 411 posts
    September 25, 2015 3:25 PM EDT
    Gonna have to try this when I get friends that are interested in playing pen&paper Rpgs and stuff.