Forums » Elder Scrolls

The Elder Scrolls: D20 - A Roleplaying Game

• 14 posts
    July 15, 2013 9:06 PM EDT

Okay, playtest has been executed at AnimeFriends/EIRPG here in Brazil. I have DM and adventure based on the first companion mission to obtain the fragment of Wuuthrad. The party consisted of pre-made characters (Nord Dual Wielding Warrior - Orc Heavy TwoHanded - Dunmer Destru/Illusion - Breton Conjurer/Restorer - Khajiit Unarmed Thief - Argonian Marksman thief)

The system is very easy to play, and it is very fast to learn. Players used to new versions of D&D still turn the sheet upside down to see if they have any other skills to do things.

I have expanded the Restore all after battle to Health as well. It looked better for the whole scheme in general and didn't removed the lethal aspect of the battle.

Destru mages really can get powerful with Dual Casting Flame Arrow. So far it has been the most effective way to cause damage.

I am planning to start with another group a second round of playtest on the following months.

• 708 posts
    July 15, 2013 9:25 PM EDT

Awesome!

I had been running it as you restore health after battle, I'll make sure I write it in. Dual cast Flame Arrow is supposed to be one of the most effective damage dealers early on - it uses quite a bit of magicka though! I think it's fairly balanced as you have to use up magicka to even use it, and the more magicka you have, the less health you have. In the adventure I've been testing with I had an orc miniboss that could power attack for 45 damage with a warhammer - he critted once, dealing 90 damage! Luckily his target was braced and bashed his attack away!

I really appreciate your feedback though, I look forward to your next test. I'll do up higher level stuff this week too.

In the adventure I've been testing with, the players have to clear out the Cloud Ruler Temple ruins of bandits.

• 2 posts
    July 21, 2013 8:42 AM EDT

Happy to assist where I can - character creation, play-testing?

• 708 posts
    July 22, 2013 5:36 AM EDT

Well after quite a bit of testing, I'm ready to finish off the weapon/equipment tables, spells and do a once-over to check spelling and grammar, then I'll make a big player's handbook (with some baddies for your adventures)!

Also did some rather cool text (cwatididthar) for the titles!

• 708 posts
    July 22, 2013 6:05 AM EDT

Fists count as one-handed weapons, and the perks that affect daggers also affect fists

Maybe you'd know that if you actually read it

• 17 posts
    July 22, 2013 11:47 AM EDT

Actually there was, and it was mentioned in various sections (Not just one). I recommend rereading it, and not just the skills section.

• 708 posts
    July 24, 2013 11:47 PM EDT

Finished off all the one-handed weapons!

In other news, I've gotten some ideas on how I can work crafting skills. My aim now is to finish off the other weapon types, put in some more potions, enchantments and just equipment in general, as well as finish off all the higher level spells.

• 6 posts
    July 25, 2013 10:33 PM EDT
    I play D&D 3.5, I was planning on adding a Skyrim flare to my campaign since the one I have on haitus atm and one of the things I've allowed is space travel because the wizard in my group figured out how to make a race of space whales with their insides forming the inside of a ship, manned by Wrights, and has eyes capable of shooting beams running down its sides. So far I have a few spells implemented, using the Spell Point system, and a base class that grants bonuses depending on what skills they have invested in.
    • 14 posts
    July 26, 2013 6:51 PM EDT

Can't wait to see the crafting system

• 708 posts
    July 31, 2013 8:32 PM EDT

I know I haven't been posting much about this lately but I have been working on it quite a bit!

I've completed all the weapon, armor and shield tables, added a few more tools, and greatly expanded the Food and Potions. I'm moving on to Poisons and then Enchantments next, in preparation for the crafting system.

• 708 posts
    August 1, 2013 2:18 AM EDT

Finished off poisons!

• 14 posts
    August 19, 2013 5:28 PM EDT

Hi Ponty, have you already started to sketch the crafting system?

• 708 posts
    August 19, 2013 5:50 PM EDT

I've got ideas in my head, basically your rank in a crafting skill determines the value of the items you can create and perks let you craft different types of items/improve crafting recipes. To make an item you pay x% of the item's base cost in materials (or if you have special materials this reduces the cost, though some recipes require special materials like the Resurrection potion) and spend some amount of time based on the item's value.

• 708 posts
    September 6, 2013 12:45 AM EDT

Finally finished off adding all the level 3-5 spells. I'll be going through and likely tweaking the cost/magnitude of many of the spells but they're all there!

Next up is enchantments.

• 14 posts
    September 7, 2013 3:53 PM EDT

Great Ponty

• 708 posts
    September 17, 2013 12:07 AM EDT

Finished Enchantments. Smithing, Enchanting and Alchemy are up next.

• 708 posts
    September 17, 2013 6:33 AM EDT

Smithing done.

• 14 posts
    September 17, 2013 9:49 AM EDT

Nice job with Smithing! But I couldn't find Enchantments. It is not in skills as Smithing...

• 708 posts
    September 17, 2013 6:47 PM EDT

I haven't done the Enchanting skill just yet, the Enchantments themselves are at the end of the Magic chapter though.

• 14 posts
    September 18, 2013 6:52 PM EDT

I see now

Nice job on those enchantments, they look very good! One quick thing: why flaming and cold has some added effects but shock doesn't have any?

• 708 posts
    September 18, 2013 6:54 PM EDT

Very few enemies have Frost resistance, so instead of it being more costly like in Skyrim it just doesn't have that extra effect (plus I couldn't think of any anyway :P)

• September 18, 2013 7:05 PM EDT
    Hey Ponts, maybe bring back the Silence spells from past games (unless you already have and I just skimmed over it).
    • 708 posts
    September 18, 2013 7:09 PM EDT

Hm, that's a bit overpowering for a basic elemental damage enchantment (the Fire one can provide light and the Frost one can extinguish fires), but I might add an enchantment that does stagger on normal attacks and knockdown on power attacks

• 708 posts
    September 18, 2013 7:11 PM EDT

I've got loads of spells already, I'll add that sort of stuff in another 'book' later for extra spells. For now there is a silence poison in Equipment (the Severing poison).

• 708 posts
    September 18, 2013 8:29 PM EDT

Enchanting done!