Forums » Elder Scrolls

The Elder Scrolls: D20 - A Roleplaying Game

• 708 posts
    June 24, 2013 9:22 PM EDT

Hi Bloggers! Many of you will know me as an avid Character Builder and TES player but I'm also a huge fan of D&D and pen&paper RPGs in general. Last June I set out to create an Elder Scrolls RPG built from the ground up (though it is loosely based on D&D). For a link to the Google Docs where the core rulebook is, check out the Facebook page:

The Elder Scrolls: D20

The entire system is pretty much complete (and is very much playable!), but lacks a few features:

• An extensive creature list like D&D Monster Manual
    • A guide on experience and loot distribution
    • Recommended difficulties for encounters and out of combat challenges

Of course, you're able to make those up yourself and there are guidelines in the work in progress Creature Codex to create your own creatures! I'm currently working on a web app that I can use to generate creature statistics for me.

If you do end up playing, feel free to drop me a message here or on the Facebook page!

• 1913 posts
    June 24, 2013 9:26 PM EDT
    and thus, Ponty made Blackwoods pointless and did what i failed to do. Emer made his assassination public to set an example :P
    • 1 posts
    June 24, 2013 9:27 PM EDT

good luck

• 490 posts
    June 24, 2013 9:28 PM EDT

Love it man, let me know what I can do to help.

• 133 posts
    June 24, 2013 9:31 PM EDT

Nah Blackwood isn't be pointless, you wouldn't know because you're not a participant 

• 1913 posts
    June 24, 2013 9:35 PM EDT
    well if my computer wasn't a piece of shit or my xbox allowed me to go on there, i would
  • Tim
    • 89 posts
    June 24, 2013 9:38 PM EDT

Awesome, I am down for assisting with playtesting and/or artwork

• 133 posts
    June 24, 2013 9:39 PM EDT
    I'm not saying you wouldn't, I'm just saying your claims are false :P
    • 9 posts
    June 24, 2013 10:24 PM EDT

This is legendary man, incredibly awesome

This will totally work, the Elder Scrolls setting was the setting of one of the guys at Bethesdas DnD games (I think Todd Howard, could be wrong)

• 708 posts
    June 25, 2013 12:24 AM EDT

Added a list of what I've done thus far, with greyed out stuff being incomplete.

Finished Marksman by the way!

• 708 posts
    June 25, 2013 3:03 AM EDT

Completed two-handed, with spears!

• 708 posts
    June 25, 2013 8:47 AM EDT

Completed Block - all Combat skills are now finished!

• 490 posts
    June 25, 2013 4:53 PM EDT

Yes. Spears!

• 365 posts
    June 25, 2013 6:41 PM EDT

Tried to do the exact same thing with my D&D set a few years ago, only it takes an age to write out the converted rules, rules stats, perks and skill converts etc.

Nice idea though, Ponts....

• 708 posts
    June 25, 2013 6:50 PM EDT

'converting' D&D to an ES system would only complicate things, I'm building it from the ground up

• 708 posts
    June 25, 2013 8:57 PM EDT

Done Restoration!

• 17 posts
    June 26, 2013 12:18 AM EDT

So being a D&D fan then you must be aware of the Dragon Lance Series By margrett weiss {well more then aware}

• 708 posts
    June 26, 2013 3:37 AM EDT

Conjuration is done - had some fun with the Master perks on this one

• 708 posts
    June 26, 2013 4:28 AM EDT

Ah, that's a good idea. I only recently changed Combat/Stealth to Might/Cunning, that's for something I'm going to use later. Some general skill checks will be based off your total ranks in a specialization, eg for breaking down a door you would use your Might rank, or for spotting a sneaky enemy you would use your Cunning rank.

• 14 posts
    June 26, 2013 7:58 AM EDT

Here in Brazil a local RPG magazine adapted TES races to D20. It has been added to our SRD of the system and you can see them here (for legal reasons we didn't added the official names of the races):

http://pt-br.tsrd.wikia.com/wiki/Ra%C3%A7as_do_Mundo_dos_Pergaminhos_Antigos

It has been made for a different D20 version which is the most popular in Brazil (based on 3.5 with a few quirks based on SAGA version)

• 708 posts
    June 26, 2013 8:52 AM EDT

Completed Alteration. In other news I realized the only die that is needed to play is a single d20!

• 708 posts
    June 26, 2013 8:56 AM EDT

I did read about a few other TES RPGs others have made, but they seem to be more of a different system adapted to the ES setting than a system built specifically for ES. When I'm done, anyone that's played Skyrim and/or D&D should be able to pick it up pretty much right away - I'm aiming to make it pretty simple but with lots of depth with choice of perks, spells etc.

• 108 posts
    June 26, 2013 9:22 AM EDT

All these years of transfering paper roleplaying to the computer and now you are retro-engineering it back to paper?  Genius.

• 708 posts
    June 26, 2013 11:43 PM EDT

Completed Illusion, which finishes off all the Sorcery skills!

• 708 posts
    June 27, 2013 2:32 AM EDT

Completed Light Armor, the first of the Cunning skills! Renamed Lockpicking to Security and Pickpocket to Sleight of Hand to reflect how they will be used.