Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favorite person to marry?

• 1913 posts
    June 21, 2013 4:11 PM EDT
    agreed. but i have a thing for girls who are shy and are possibly emo (Brelyna and Serana)
    • 1483 posts
    June 21, 2013 4:56 PM EDT

I married Brelyna once and hated it. Only for the reason Bethesda executed it, always the same dialogue lines, the same intonation, she even started a shop. I preferred old Brelyna! For the same reason I don't want an option to marry Serana and can't understand people who want it. For what? To leave her at home and listen to the same boring dialogue every time you come back? If you want follower, she's available, go to adventures with her, you don't have to be married.

• Tim
    • 89 posts
    June 21, 2013 5:31 PM EDT

Yeah, you can always RP that you and your follower are together, there's a reason the screen goes black when you activate a bed xD

• 1913 posts
    June 21, 2013 7:58 PM EDT
    you do know if your spouse is a follower they can go with you, right?
    • 1483 posts
    June 21, 2013 8:01 PM EDT

Yeah, that's the whole reason. Why marry them if you can take them with you anyway? To leave them at home

• 106 posts
    June 22, 2013 1:35 AM EDT

Mjoll! She can't die, and she's a great tank, in bed........

• 1595 posts
    June 22, 2013 2:20 AM EDT

I see your point but she is the only character the game allows you to form a semi-deep bond with so being able to marry her would actually make more sense than most other characters. You can marry Ysolda by getting her a freaking tusk which is just about the level of depth involved for most marriage options.

Has anyone married any of the characters added by Dawnguard or Dragonborn? Do they bring any new dialogue lines to the table?

• 25 posts
    June 22, 2013 2:49 AM EDT

oh no that's not what I meant I mean most forums I went on people picked Ysolda if we were talking about people you cant marry then yeah Haelga would be right up there

• 1913 posts
    June 22, 2013 3:08 AM EDT
    there is only new option from dragonborn i believe... and no, they do not
    • 5 posts
    June 22, 2013 3:21 AM EDT

As long as it is a person of the same gender im happy ^^ xD

• 59 posts
    June 22, 2013 3:23 AM EDT

my high-elf mage is married to his magic  As Skyrim is sorely lacking in marrieable Altmer

I went for Lydia when I first discovered it. Muiri for my assassin (that's just lolz). now I want to try Mjoll for my war-priest, o wait, hes a lizard... no sense .

EDIT: k, my lizard officially married the hist :)

• 9 posts
    June 22, 2013 4:12 AM EDT

High Level and perked pickpocketing my friend...

Give her some "Tavern Clothes"

Your welcome

• 9 posts
    June 22, 2013 4:15 AM EDT

She also loves mammoth tusks

• 9 posts
    June 22, 2013 4:19 AM EDT

Im with you Tim

90% of the time I end up going for Jenassa myself

• 9 posts
    June 22, 2013 4:21 AM EDT

Isnt there that one in Solitude?

I still would not marry her on my Altmer character because she is a little to old and mean , but one exists!

I just get mad playing as a male wood elf...

• 9 posts
    June 22, 2013 4:21 AM EDT

Dont know why they could not have made one of the 2 hot nice altmer in winterhold marriage candidates....

• 1595 posts
    June 22, 2013 4:30 AM EDT

Good answer Rems

• 1595 posts
    June 22, 2013 4:33 AM EDT

Oh well, cheers Bryn.

• 14 posts
    June 22, 2013 12:05 PM EDT

I think most people chose Ysolda because you giver her a mammoth tusk and she wants to marry you. Also like the town bike (and Haelga) she's an easy ride

• 116 posts
    June 22, 2013 12:33 PM EDT

Hehe!  That's kinda what I was thinking.

• 32 posts
    June 22, 2013 12:53 PM EDT

I know this is not what were talking about here but is it possible to marry the DG vampire princess after all DG quests are complete? I feel like all the other followers one has in the game can be married except her...is her character just too old for dragonborns?

• 1913 posts
    June 22, 2013 1:04 PM EDT
    you cant marry her because she hates temples or "she doesn't deserve that kind of happiness" as she also might say... it's really stupid. it isn't because she's old, when she's cured she looks about 18-20
    • 32 posts
    June 22, 2013 1:42 PM EDT

That makes total sense. It's a shame though because it'd be cool for a vampire lord to have a badass vampire lady  phooey.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 22, 2013 1:54 PM EDT

It would be so much better if we could kill her...

I hate her. And it would be awesome for roleplaying. Imagine this:

Dawnguard Side:

Harkon dies. While the Dawnguard is getting out of the Volkihar Castle, Isran asks you to kill her. Just one shot with the crossbow on that annoying mouth.

Or, much better, if Isran just smashes her skull with his hammer, saying something epic and funny. If that happened, really... It would be THE DLC.

Vampire Side:

As the new Lord, you would command the death of Serana and Valerica, ending any blood claim.
    Of course, you would have the possibility to choose...
    Oh, I wish we had more politics in Skyrim...

• 1913 posts
    June 22, 2013 1:59 PM EDT
    HOW DARE WE HAVE A CHARACTER WITH ANY ACTUAL DEPTH! BURN THEM! SEND THEM TO HADES!!!