Forums » Elder Scrolls

One Race to Rule Them All: History, Lore, and Favoritism!

• 661 posts
    April 8, 2014 10:59 AM EDT

Everyone knows it's the Aedra.

You gonna refute that?

• 661 posts
    April 8, 2014 10:59 AM EDT

Maybe the worst day Arcanus.

• 5 posts
    April 8, 2014 11:14 AM EDT
    One of the bethesda game developers said that the the thalmor will reign supreme in the end they just will.
    • 5 posts
    April 8, 2014 11:32 AM EDT
    My bad i watched a lets play and the person who did it said that. And im not on reddit so i really read abput it more and also i had couldnt find the right word so i put develepor instead of lore writer or however you would say it.
    • 5 posts
    April 8, 2014 11:34 AM EDT
    I meant i really should read more about it before posting a comment
    • 856 posts
    April 8, 2014 11:42 AM EDT

I trust nothing Kirkbride says; he just makes stuff up and people believe him for some reason. Most (95+%) of what he says is not canon, at all.

• 28 posts
    April 8, 2014 11:49 AM EDT

The Ka Po Tun. Its common sense, every one knows they're gonna take over Nirn eventually.

• 966 posts
    April 8, 2014 12:00 PM EDT

Mudcrabs will rule everything.

• 661 posts
    April 8, 2014 3:07 PM EDT

No one is fit to rule this land. No one. Not even the Nords themselves. Who conquered it over, and over. Again, and again!

• 1595 posts
    April 8, 2014 3:27 PM EDT

Gotta disagree here. Now, I'm not saying that everything the man does is gold, but even game designer Kurt Kuhlmann admitted MK's influence on Skyrim was bigger than his influence on Oblivion.

We all try not to take it to heart that only MK can save Skyrim from the trash heap - but I can say that even without directly writing any books, I'd say there's more of his influence on Skyrim than Oblivion. Probably a lot more - if you look at the chapter from the PGE on Skyrim, (pretty sure that was one of his - I can't remember any more who wrote which one, it's Bilbo and Strider all over again), and that chapter is the foundation for the whole setting. And if you look really hard, you might even find a painted cow. (No comment on flying whales.)        

So let's try and move away from this "canon" business and embrace the concept of C0DA.

• 6 posts
    April 8, 2014 3:36 PM EDT

I don't want to be that annoying incessant guy, but everyone's different, regardless of race. If an argonian grew up all of his life in Morrowind, he would think of himself as almost dunmer and would probably be loyal to Morrowind (unless he was a slave, but let's not get into that). It's about the people, not the race. All dunmer don't like each other. All Altmer don't like each other etc etc... It would be hard to say 

• April 8, 2014 3:37 PM EDT
    What exactly is C0DA?
    • 1595 posts
    April 8, 2014 3:46 PM EDT

C0DA Wiki page and link to C0DA Here you go Matt  

It's like a choose your own adventure book. Its your adventure, so it's your call what is canon and what isn't. Like Vazgen said the other day "if his Talos is a giant mudcrab then that's up to him."

It's not so much as no more canon as an attempt to recognise that each persons idea can be as valid as any other's.

• 661 posts
    April 8, 2014 3:56 PM EDT

I swear I answered this. Did someone delete my answer? I'll say again. The Aedra are the only ones fit to rule.

If not them, then I am going to say that the Trolls will. You ever fight those things in Oblivion? I got front-kicked so many times in the face that it isn't even funny anymore. IF they had the brains to back their brawn I'd say the Trolls could be the one race to rule them all.

• 661 posts
    April 8, 2014 3:56 PM EDT

Apparently they do Maximus... Apparently they do.

• 661 posts
    April 8, 2014 3:59 PM EDT

You sure that is a part of their Mandate Phil? I think the Altmer (At least their ruling classes) want something more sinister than a return to Aetherius. That is a dream of the past that has come, and gone. My gut feeling tells me that the Altmer (at least their ruling classes) want another Daedra Insurrection. Just a gut feeling.

• 1595 posts
    April 8, 2014 4:00 PM EDT

They already are aren't they? Take for example the whole Hjalti/Talos/Wulfharth thing. What is the canon there? Skyrim comes along with it's Old Hroldan quest to deliberately make the matter more complex. If you say the Heresy is right and I say it isn't, who's right? Well, we both are.

This sentence sums it up:

Example: The novella and its content " The Lusty Argoninan Maid" have a definite reality in the Bethesda TES universe. Who "really" wrote it? Maybe it was Cassius Curio. But he died in the 3rd era during the time of the Nerevarine, and TLAM existed during the 2nd Era. Did some-one else write it then? Maybe. Was Cassius Curio actually 1,000s of years old when he died in Morrowind? Maybe? Did two independent authors spontaneously pen a novel about a Sultry Houseservant Lizardess? Maybe.

This is why I'm a supporter of the concept. I don't like to be told "this is right, that is wrong" but I do like interpretation and reading between the lines.

• 6 posts
    April 8, 2014 4:02 PM EDT

Haha? I hope that you don't actually believe that

• 285 posts
    April 8, 2014 4:02 PM EDT
    Except Imperials have little, if any widespread elf blood, it's the Bretons with the Elf blood.

Source: both UESP and the Elder Scrolls' wiki racial descriptions.
    • 285 posts
    April 8, 2014 4:03 PM EDT
    Agreed.

Source: Vix :P
    • 661 posts
    April 8, 2014 4:05 PM EDT

I don't, but others take it to the heart. So watch yourself.

• 661 posts
    April 8, 2014 4:06 PM EDT

yuck... Was it worse than Udefrykte?

• 6 posts
    April 8, 2014 4:08 PM EDT

Well that's just stupid. I hate to bring this into reality, but I don't like every white person (i'm white lol).... Why would someone think that everyone from a certain race gets along???

• 1595 posts
    April 8, 2014 4:15 PM EDT

But what a portion it is! The Prophecy of the Last Dragonborn which describes the fall of the Towers one by one and appears in the book of the Dragonborn and is recited by Esbern at Alduin's Wall? You know, the whole point of the Skyrim main quest? From MK's out of game text Nu-Mantia Intercept.

• 1217 posts
    April 8, 2014 4:28 PM EDT

Touche