Forums » Elder Scrolls

One Race to Rule Them All: History, Lore, and Favoritism!

• 490 posts
    June 17, 2013 9:19 PM EDT

Hi all,

Given we had some great discussion on a status, let's move this internet race bout here and discuss with historical facts and lore of the ES universe!

What shall we discuss? Race! Which race would be dominant in an all out bout on Nirn? Who would overcome? Who would fall? Why does one race feel "superior" to others?

Please keep it civil. Remember, you might get fake, internet karma points for actually using sources to back up your claims! And remember, ALWAYS claim the other guy is trolling.

• June 17, 2013 9:24 PM EDT

you know this is going to spill over into real life races right? 

OK? OK, Just checking. 

• 966 posts
    June 17, 2013 9:26 PM EDT

Colovians. They crushed everyone. Several times.

• 490 posts
    June 17, 2013 9:28 PM EDT

"Please keep it civil."

Award for best critical reader goes to the first poster! *applause*

• 12 posts
    June 17, 2013 9:29 PM EDT

*passes imaginary microphone to Emer*

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 17, 2013 9:30 PM EDT

Don't be fooled. Elven superiority is the only truth.

I mean, Dunmeri/Altmeri superiority is the only truth.
    Bosmer are too hippies.

• June 17, 2013 9:31 PM EDT

Is that sarcastic applause?

• 490 posts
    June 17, 2013 9:33 PM EDT

No, not at all.

• 1483 posts
    June 17, 2013 9:34 PM EDT
    OK, I'll post it here as well:
    According to The Rise and Fall of the Blades:

Late in the First Era, an invasion from Akavir cut through Skyrim. Even though Nords don't "meet invasions with pitchers of mead", they were unable to stop the mighty Akaviri Dragonguard, and it took the united armies of Cyrodiil to stop their advance at the Battle of Pale Pass. The Nords were understandably impressed, and for the first time, the whole of Skyrim pledged allegiance to one man: Reman Cyrodiil, one of the first Dragonborn recorded in history and the founder of the Second Empire of Man.

Also, according by both Dunmer and Nord sources (specifically Five Songs of King Wulfharth):

The Nords tried to reconquer Morrowind around 1E 700, but were rebuffed by united Chimer and Dwemer forces, and the Tribunal would protect Morrowind from invasion for thousands of years to come. The failure of the Nord Tongues in Morrowind prompted Jurgen Windcaller to begin a seven-year meditation to understand the failure, leading to the discovery of the Way of the Voice.
  • June 17, 2013 9:34 PM EDT

didn't the altmer pull a eugenics program and kill 9 out of every 10 chilren born in order to maintain their aldmer blood?

• June 17, 2013 9:34 PM EDT
    They only took control of Hammerfell the second time around because of internal conflicts (the Forebear leader signed a pact with the Empire and the Crowns eventually submitted after several hard-fought battles). Even then they revolted and got a deal ;)
  • June 17, 2013 9:35 PM EDT

Do you want this to spill over into real life races? I-I can't tell. 

• June 17, 2013 9:37 PM EDT

The tribunal are all over powered and they get their power from MY HEART. 

• 966 posts
    June 17, 2013 9:38 PM EDT

Redguards are like Ancient Thracians in that respect. They could conquer the world, if only they stopped fighting each other.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 17, 2013 9:39 PM EDT

Well, that does not change the fact that they're superiors.

• June 17, 2013 9:40 PM EDT

No, just that they're evil. 

Besides, they have delicate frames. Wouldn't want to hurt their backs picking up all those babies. 
    Just kill them. 

• June 17, 2013 9:42 PM EDT
    Yeah, and most of them are concerned with personal pride (not very disciplined. Though it looks like they can get over it if the situation really calls for it). A race with the discipline of a Colovian and the raw skill of a Redguard would be friggin' insane.
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 17, 2013 9:45 PM EDT

They have better things to do than taking care of babies.
    They work. They work for progress.

• June 17, 2013 9:46 PM EDT

Redguards aren't Thracian....They're more like North Arab Africa. 

Here comes the real life race fights due to your ignorance. 

• June 17, 2013 9:46 PM EDT
    Elven supremacy? Hmm, I live in Hammerfell, I've never heard of this ideology. You mean when those elves tried to invade us? :D

PS: Bosmer are the opposite of hippies :P
  • June 17, 2013 9:47 PM EDT

What progress when you got no babies to give it to? 

They're racial perfection makes them inbred and therefore weak genetically 

• 966 posts
    June 17, 2013 9:47 PM EDT

Tamrielic superhuman: Nordic strength, Colovian dicipline, Redguard combat skill and Breton magic skill and ressistance.

• June 17, 2013 9:48 PM EDT

Yeah, Hippies arent carnivores.  

• 966 posts
    June 17, 2013 9:49 PM EDT

*sigh* They're a lot like Ottomans. But I said like Thracians in that respect, not in general.

The real life race fights came because you wanted one so badly and started it.

• June 17, 2013 9:49 PM EDT

Colovia is just disciplined cause they all used to be slaves.