Forums » Elder Scrolls

One Race to Rule Them All: History, Lore, and Favoritism!

• June 17, 2013 10:42 PM EDT

One race to rule them all, one race to find them, one race to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them. 

• June 17, 2013 10:52 PM EDT

This is the first type of computer ever made... My cellphone has more power than it does...

PS: The Kothringi might object to that claim (Tamriel natives).

• June 17, 2013 10:56 PM EDT

Well we need to decide who's the best human, best, and elf, then pitch them against each other.

Cause his free for all isnt working. 

• 708 posts
    June 17, 2013 11:02 PM EDT

That all depends on whether we're basing "best" on military/political history, individuals of the race, etc etc...

• June 17, 2013 11:09 PM EDT

That's what I'm saying, we need to figure out a criteria. 

why not just stick them in cage and let them have at it?

• 32 posts
    June 17, 2013 11:47 PM EDT
    Lulz
    • 490 posts
    June 18, 2013 12:11 AM EDT
    Without weapons? Khajiit Cathay-Raht.

With weapons? Orc/Redguard

I am not even counting the non-playable races we have yet to play!
    • 1595 posts
    June 18, 2013 12:30 AM EDT

The Aldmeri Dominion will wipe the worship of Shor from the face of Nirn and thereby undo creation. The Altmer will get their return to Aetherius on the back of humanity's collective corpse.

• June 18, 2013 12:32 AM EDT

I can't help but think this is directed at me...

• June 18, 2013 12:34 AM EDT
    Oddly enough, the Redguards see the creation as a trick by Lorkhan as well (most humans don't, only most of the elves), so I'm okay with being returned to the Far Shore^^
    • 1595 posts
    June 18, 2013 12:41 AM EDT

@ Shor  Honestly, I don't think it'll happen. Shor is probably the mightiest and most powerful go out of all Tamriel's pantheons.

Matt: Good point, well presented!

• June 18, 2013 12:44 AM EDT
    He got kicked out of Sovngarde. Does Sakatal count? He's worshipped by nomadic tribes in the Alik'r and is an amalgamation of Anu and Sithis :P
    • 26 posts
    June 18, 2013 12:47 AM EDT

I would have thought the answer was obvious.......riekling, death by tiny spears

I heard each one has a dragonborn follower...

• June 18, 2013 12:48 AM EDT

Darn right he is. 

Why do the elves and such think he tricked them? I thought mundus was supposed to be a gift or something.

• 1595 posts
    June 18, 2013 12:49 AM EDT

Kicked out, or leave voluntarily only to return in the form of the Dovahkiin?

I'll leave the Redguard lore to you Matt  If you say it, I believe it!

• 1595 posts
    June 18, 2013 12:49 AM EDT

• 1595 posts
    June 18, 2013 12:54 AM EDT

Lorkhan (the Elvish Shor) tricked the other gods into creating Mundus, thereby sundering the race from the imperishable spirit. Men see this not as a trick but as a gift.

Trinimac ripped the heart of Lorkhan from his chest and Auri-El put it on his arrow and shot it into the sea, but not before the Heart laughed at their futility. Men and Elves haven't seen eye to eye since.

• June 18, 2013 12:55 AM EDT
    In the Redguard story of creation, Sep (or Lorkhan) created a settled plane by balling up the old skin of Sakatal (with help from the other spirits) and tricked spirits into be trapped in there. He also tried eating some of them, but Ruptga (or Tall Papa) always pulled them out of his mouth. Later on Ruptga crushed him :D

So Redguards don't like Lorkhan either. In fact, most races don't worship Lorkhan.
    • 1595 posts
    June 18, 2013 12:57 AM EDT

So is Sakatal also Alduin?

• June 18, 2013 1:04 AM EDT
    He shares notable traits (destruction and rebirth, stuff like that). But he's also the sole spirit of creation, as there isn't a distinct version of Sithis and Anu (perhaps he is a balance of order and chaos, if only he didn't eat everything in sight^^).
  • June 18, 2013 1:06 AM EDT

What was the purpose of tricking them? I mean, didn't Shor become weaker too when he made the world?

• 1595 posts
    June 18, 2013 1:07 AM EDT

Do the other gods of the Redguard pantheon fit into any of the Nine Divine aspects?

• June 18, 2013 1:15 AM EDT
    Yep. The only ones I can call off the top of my head are Tu'Whacca (Arkay) and Tava (Kynareth). *Checks Vix's article* Morwha is similar to Mara (goddess of fertility) and Zeht is similar to Zenithar as a god if harvest (pretty sure the Kothringi worship Zeht, might look into that). And Ruptga I believe is Akatosh (though I'm solely going off him being the head of the gods) and Sep is Lorkhan.
    • 1595 posts
    June 18, 2013 1:20 AM EDT

Thanks Matt. So do the Redguards aren't allied with the Empire, what is their long term strategy for survival? Is their traditional pantheon seeing a resurgence?

• 26 posts
    June 18, 2013 1:29 AM EDT

I think this game has balanced the races well, and as it stands now, without some major catalyst, I don’t think one race can dominate all of the elders scroll world. I feel that some of the races could give it a good go but ultimately I see them falling short as other races band together to stave off the conquest. I think the elves are most likely the strongest on paper but I don’t think they have the numbers to achieve any decisive world domination.

If the gauntlet was thrown down and a all out fight to the death between all races was to occur I think it would most likely be one of the smaller weaker races that dominates, biding their time watching, waiting, until all the main forces are depleted fighting one another then moving in for the mop up. Most likely in this case some unexpected element like vampires might sneak in for the win. Imagine how easy it would be for them to build numbers up in a massive war, they would thrive in the ensuring chaos.

That’s just my two bob.

I would like to see the Orc's win but there is no chance of that happening....