Forums » General Gaming

Fable Anniversary

• 1 posts
    June 16, 2013 10:52 PM EDT

I'm sure by now most Fable fans know about this and are freaking exited about it. I jumped for joy when i saw the trailer with Jack of Blades. I wanted to know how exited are you guys about this? And are you getting it? Fable 1 is one of the best games of all time in my opinion. I have know idea what the developers were thinking when they made Fable 3 and Journey. If Lionhead studios would have kept doing what they did with Fable 1 it could be one of the most top rated RPG's to date and possibly even rival The Elder Scrolls. But no, they messed up.

I know that the the Anniversary comes with the lost chapters dlc, they said that more dlc could most likely come out afterwords. What are your thoughts on this? I know i'm getting this, can't wait.

• 661 posts
    June 16, 2013 11:01 PM EDT

I never played Fable, however I do like Fable 2. What you said about 2, and 3 made me laugh. Those are kinda lack luster for breakthrough gaming.

• 26 posts
    June 16, 2013 11:03 PM EDT

Was just thinking about Fable on the week end this sounds like great news I will most likely scoop up a copy of this. Thanks for the heads up

• 133 posts
    June 16, 2013 11:05 PM EDT

They did not fuck up on Fable 2. In my opinion Fable 2 was better than Fable.

• 966 posts
    June 16, 2013 11:06 PM EDT

Fable 2 was still a good game. They fucked up at the third one.

• 131 posts
    June 16, 2013 11:10 PM EDT

I never really got to play Fable, as the disc I borrowed from a friend was scratched all to pieces and when it did work I had to work fast and save quickly before it crashed. Though with what I did play (maybe 1/3 to 1/2 the game) didn't really interest or excite me like it seems to everyone else that played. All the talk about how they "screwed up" with 2 and 3 is kinda silly to me. If you hold Fable on such a high status then yea, everything else is gonna suck cause it doesn't play or "feel" like the original. Personally I prefer Fable 3, even though I have some improvements they could've made (like picking your Hero weapon upgrades from an unlocked list rather than by random chance). Fable 2 was okay though the characters after reaching maxed everything...let us not revisit that horrific sight.

I may get Fable Anniversary just so I can maybe "relive" the game in HD and see it in a new light.

• 116 posts
    June 17, 2013 1:04 AM EDT

I freaking loved Fable!  I spent god knows how many hours playing that game...  While I don't think it quite lived up to all the hype, I really did enjoy every moment of that game.  And I have to disagree with you on Fable 2, I think that game was better than the first one.  It was the third one where they really took a 180 and messed up the game.  It was fun... but it had lost something.

I am actually really looking forward to playing it on a next gen system and seeing it look beautiful.

• 11 posts
    June 21, 2013 2:40 AM EDT

I loved all 3 of the fable games (I am NOT going to count journey). I don't understand all the hate that Fable 3 gets though. The ending was pretty rubbish, I'll give you that, but I certainly enjoyed the experience for what it was. The game sure could have used some more development time, the whole time I was playing it I couldn't help but think that here was a game that fell short of epic, with all this little screw ups and poor decisions that ultimately left it a bit lack-lustre.

I'm over the moon about the Anniversary edition though, cab't wait to get my hands on it

• 49 posts
    June 21, 2013 8:34 AM EDT

Played 1,2,3 and I found 3 to be the worst and 2 the best. 1 was great but it didn't gave me the same feeling as it did in 2