Forums » Elder Scrolls

Necromancy or Atronachs ?

• 36 posts
    June 9, 2013 4:22 AM EDT

I've recently made a new pure mage and honestly can't decide what conjure route I'd like to go down.

Any pointers?

• 13 posts
    June 9, 2013 5:09 AM EDT

Honestly, I would prefer artromancy because of the dawnguard and dragonborn summons, that and there is an atronach to go up against everything but, if you would prefer to have two human followers of your choice i would go with necromancy because dead thrall is super fun and you can equip your thralls with any weapon, they get 100 extra health(dark souls perk) and you can raise humanoids up to level 30, level 40 if you are a vampire with necromage.

so whatever floats your boat

• 36 posts
    June 9, 2013 5:12 AM EDT
    Ahh okay, yeah the DG summons looks pretty nice. Also I'm going to be a vamp for the achievement, I was wondering is it worth taking the necromage perk for the boosts it gives? Even though I'm going to use atronachs?
    • 36 posts
    June 9, 2013 5:14 AM EDT
    Phone made me reply weirdly -.- and made it reply to post instead of your reply so read down ha
    • 28 posts
    June 9, 2013 5:22 AM EDT

Necromancy is probably more problematic, seeing as how you need to have a body present in the first place to even use it. However, in the long run, necromancy is more fun IMO. There's something satisfying about forcing someone who's just tried to kill you to follow you as a thrall.

• 36 posts
    June 9, 2013 5:25 AM EDT
    This is why I considered it ha. If anything ill just make a necromage character ha
    • 69 posts
    June 9, 2013 7:54 AM EDT

I love necromancy. The concept is awesome and it can be very useful. I feel like vanilla Skyrim has bland necromancy and that it didn't go in depth but with some mods (since I use PC) it becomes unparalleled. I always have some sort of necromancy on characters too, be it staffs or spells.

• 36 posts
    June 9, 2013 7:57 AM EDT
    Ahh I play on ps3. :c I've seen some of the mods for PC and they look unreal! Kind of makes me want to be a pc gamer ha
    • 69 posts
    June 9, 2013 8:01 AM EDT

That's true but I only feel like the necromancy part of vanilla Skyrim is lacking. In my opinion, everything else is fine the way it is.

• 36 posts
    June 9, 2013 8:03 AM EDT
    Yeah, vanilla isn't so bad :D
    • 1 posts
    June 10, 2013 7:13 AM EDT
    As a frequent user of conjuration I prefer necromancy. Interestingly, you can use your own necrotic spells to take control of or destroy enemy necromancer's thralls. With mods though, oh dear it becomes un-paralleled.
  • June 10, 2013 7:56 AM EDT

As a person who is currently playing as a Bard-ish character, who uses Conjuration. I prefer atromancy. Necromancy, in all views, in game and IRL is WRONG. I find the corpses disturbing and annoying most of all it sounded like they were in agony when they were resurrected. I don't like having someone have their minds twisted just to serve someone. I also felt guilty when I read that Atronachs are actually intelligent. If Tamriel was real, would they hate me for summoning them, or would them like it?

Ask yourself that question and think about it.

• June 10, 2013 8:06 AM EDT

Zombies are stronger early on when all you have is a familiar and a flame antronach.

They become a bit useless when you have storm atronachs, dremora lords, wrathmen and so on.