Forums » Elder Scrolls

Hate about Skyrim

• 8 posts
    June 8, 2013 5:05 PM EDT

Lydia (my housecarl),was so great, I finished the main quest line with her but he died because I stole something from the college of Winterhold and she stayed to fight a mad mage, I went back in and she was dead on the floor with the mage content eating his bread, that's what I hate about Skyrim, what about you?

• 1483 posts
    June 8, 2013 5:26 PM EDT

The moral - don't steal from the College 

• June 8, 2013 6:35 PM EDT

I can't kill a slaughterfish while I'm inside the water. I need touch spells

• 158 posts
    June 8, 2013 6:41 PM EDT

The fact that there is no underwater combat in general, even for argonians!

• 54 posts
    June 8, 2013 6:50 PM EDT

The distinction between a vampire in the daylight is kinda lame. In the sun they're weak, which is understandable, but they're only normal in the nighttime. I feel they should receive more advantages away from the light to say their stats (health, magic and stamina).

• 152 posts
    June 8, 2013 6:58 PM EDT

Sabertooth cats, the fact that archery seems so underwhelming when used outside of sneaking, the lack of throwing weapons, and the lack of spears

• 2 posts
    June 8, 2013 7:45 PM EDT

Master spells doing damage to followers.

That's how I killed Faendal :c

• 80 posts
    June 8, 2013 9:09 PM EDT

It's not so much hate but I am disappointed by how the magic system in this game was handled. Visually, it's better and the perk system was nice but at the same time it felt...limited in a way. The removal of some spells and spell creation, the inability to use magic while holding weapons, the constant viewing of the favorites menu to change between several spells, everything about it felt poorly executed.

Then there are the bugs involved with magic. Blizzard getting weaker as a result of magic/frost resistance. Spell absorption destroying much of conjuration. Spells not being affected by perks.

I'm just saddened by it all.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 9, 2013 1:27 AM EDT

The quests. Mainly The Companions, The College and, yes, the Dark Brotherhood. Also, most of the side-quests.

And the Civil War... It had so many possibilities...

But I really enjoyed the TG quests, the connection with Maven and I loved the Dawnguard (The Vampire Hunters side, at least). Also, the quests involving Neloth and the Telvanni and the ones related to Raven Rock and the "restauration" of it's economy and prosperity. 

• June 9, 2013 10:09 AM EDT

I hate that the story wasn't finished...

• 49 posts
    June 9, 2013 10:14 AM EDT

That is my main problem too.

• 59 posts
    June 9, 2013 1:53 PM EDT

I'd have to go with High Priest. I also like to ad this. Please, please never bring the cost reduction gear back. Not even unique item. Just replace it with fortify damage. Like the weapon branches. Oh, and make things fair. Power atacks should take like 70 stamina or not trigger. Its ridiculous wat you can do with veggy soup.

Thats my RAGE.

• 1913 posts
    June 9, 2013 1:57 PM EDT
    pretty much the only thing i hate anymore about it is the blackbriar family and being dragonborn/using shouts/fighting dragons... otherwise... i love it all
    • 9 posts
    June 9, 2013 2:10 PM EDT

Recycled dungeons and quests. Once I stop playing Skyrim I can't seem to get back into it for a month or two.

• 5 posts
    June 9, 2013 2:14 PM EDT

I hate how I can attack a training dummy for days and never get a single sliver of Xp for my weapons.

Or that the weapons never lose durability.

• 24 posts
    June 9, 2013 8:18 PM EDT
    Helmets. Most of the time it looks like your character is a kid wearing daddy's helmet.
    • 24 posts
    June 9, 2013 8:30 PM EDT
    Interesting I hate games where I spend time training to improve skills or where my weapons deteriorate.
    • 3 posts
    June 9, 2013 9:15 PM EDT

I miss the class system. :(

• 5 posts
    June 10, 2013 12:09 AM EDT

I dont mean taking more time to train up skills, but if you are into roleplaying, you cant gain any xp by just attacking the target dummies.  And for my some of my characters I dont want them to know how to make a weapon but I want them to know how to sharpen and repair their own equipment.

• 116 posts
    June 10, 2013 1:14 AM EDT

Why?  Didn't most folks just make Custom classes anyway?  (At least I know I did in Oblivion... never used one of the preset ones.)

• 27 posts
    June 10, 2013 5:09 AM EDT

At least she died as a warrior.

• 4 posts
    June 10, 2013 12:42 PM EDT

No one reacts to your actions, you save the world from the dragons, solve the dispute b/w stormcloak and Imperials but the guards will still suspect you every time you crouch.