Forums » Elder Scrolls

Your experience with bugs

• 10 posts
    January 5, 2012 2:49 PM EST
    Have you encountered any bugs in Skyrim? This could be anything from game crashing bugs to seeing horses ride soldiers. Have the patches helped?
    • 80 posts
    January 5, 2012 5:03 PM EST

I had no serious problems either before or after the patches.  However, I was recently attacked by giant centipedes.

• 773 posts
    January 5, 2012 6:14 PM EST

Very little really

I get the occasional texture glitch where a piece of the world will simply not render, or will be coloured purple or something - but as soon as I spin around or go to the next area it seems to correct itself.

I've had a very occasional crash to desk top, but that might be something else on my PC, like the virus protection updating or something - it doesn't seem to be directly related to any particular thing in the game.

• January 5, 2012 6:19 PM EST

Hmmm, I have had people going to sleep get up, and when they go back to bed they are sideways/levitating to the right, and shopkeepers leaning on a table halfway into it etc. Also like Paul had Sahloknir/certain walls and things be a wierd purple color. Sometimes when looking at fog/fire and I Alt-Tab out the fog/fire will turn all wierd and pixelated and I have to restart. Other than that I've had a good few crashes but so far it seems fine to me :)

• 10 posts
    January 5, 2012 6:19 PM EST
    I think there are some bugs that are widespread- with a game as large as Skyrim that can be expected. The texture patches and the giant's club seem to show. I personslly haven't experienced any game breaking ones thank goodness.
    • 1 posts
    January 5, 2012 6:47 PM EST

i play on the ps3 and it did start to slow down and stutter but i turned all the auto saves off and everything ok now apart from slite gliching the first few seconds after fast travelling to a town but saying that my save file keeps growing and growing it could become unplayable at some point but  that's for another day 

• 133 posts
    January 5, 2012 7:08 PM EST

I've played 152h on PS3 and I`ve experienced my regular share of bugs: dragons flying backwards a couple of times; legs through the walls lots of times; game freezing little more than a dozen of times; game crashing a half dozen times. I really don`t mind the little bugs, they are insignificant. After the patches there are no more crashing, but the freezing is still there, on a regular basis. I get one every 10 or 12 hours of gaming, and that really bothers me, because I need to remember saving the game more often than I want.

• 426 posts
    January 6, 2012 5:40 AM EST

Ive had very few glitches really. I did experience the marriage glitch when a dead body appears in the church on your wedding morning. For some reason i still have multiple Louis Letrushes outside the stables in whiterun. Theres 4 of the buggers now lol.

Experienced a few stutters in the frame rate but nothing major. Ive been really lucky i think. One thing i did notice last night when creating a new character it seemed to be struggling to load up the different eye colours for some reason???

• 59 posts
    January 6, 2012 5:52 AM EST

I am seeing less texture issues however they still exist, an intire square of water was missing, dragons looking like stuffed animals but thats the extent of it so much better there. There has been weird clothing issues where the clothing was stiff after I killed a bandit and his leg was doing its rag doll thing through his hide armour. A leg kept blikning in and out of visibility though someones clothes. I was wearing a Dragon Priest mask and the Arch Mages clothes and I had no head when I was wearing the mask for some reason. I have had one dragon fly backward which hadn't happened before the patch, most of the quest glitches are still there for me but other than that everything is fine.

• 4 posts
    January 6, 2012 6:40 AM EST

the major one for me is after stealing all the valuable items as part of the thieves guild, delvin mallory wont take any off me.

• 426 posts
    January 6, 2012 9:02 AM EST

I had exactly the same problem with a dragon priest mask and the arch mage robes. I think the two items conflict with one another. The arch mage robes have a built in hood and the priest mask is a hood so i think they just cant go together very well.

• Lav
    • 3 posts
    January 6, 2012 9:52 AM EST

Just a few, nothing game breaking:

Giant Bounty from Dawnstar doesn't clear when turned in when turned in to the Jarl. Very minor, simple fix.

Louis Letrush has appeared 3 times outside Whiterun after he was murdered at the end of his quest in Riften. A 4th time he was on the road in the middle of no where and the mercenary appeared and killed him saying the exact same thing that happened in Riften, this was at least 40 hours later and near Markarth. Odd and more random and amusing than anything.

Unable to raise bodies of bandits/bears/anything that have been raised before, then respawned. Rather annoying.

Unable to absorb dragon souls, has to do with if that dragon is a respawn or not, similar to the raise issue.

Major spoiler: Depending on how you progress the main quest after the quest Alduin's Bane,you can miss loads of story. For example, you defeat A on the mountain, speak to the Jarl of WR, then complete the civil war (with no idea the last quest will complete the chain,) you skip the treaty and all the story, then the quest updates to a point where you have no idea what the hell is going on because you were across the map from all the major players. Not a bug exactly, just wonky quest progression.

Have had horses and carts (the ones along the roads) come flying in my field of vision 300 feet in the air moving faster than an arrow shot. I had one horse smash into the road then bounce and cartwheel about 200 feet over a river. I have no explaination.

• 1 posts
    January 7, 2012 8:17 PM EST

I've started a Glitches photo album containing screenshots of a few of the issues I've encountered - see http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/photo/albums/glitches

I've had to deal with occasional crashes by saving frequently, and have encountered texture loading problems every now and then.  Apart from these low-level bugs, there have been a few quest-related glitches such as cloning of Louis Letrush - got 6 of him now - and a fireball left over from the liberation of Whiterun that just hangs there on the point of impact with the ground.

• January 7, 2012 8:50 PM EST

Farkas from the Companions just went crazy and started following me everywhere. And he started to start a conversation every five seconds or so, and I couldn't fast travel because "Guards were pursuing me". Stupid Farkas -.-

• 78 posts
    July 20, 2012 12:58 PM EDT

I'm still have problems with the whole becoming Thane of Markarth.  I don't think there's any going back either.   I let Madanach go and then I left.  When I traveled back I think everyone got killed including the silver bloods, so seems many quest lines got broken.  :(

• 285 posts
    July 20, 2012 1:38 PM EDT
    You can't become thane of Markarth if you finished The Forsworn Conspiracy. Few quest lines will be broken seeing how most npcs needed for a quest are essential, they can't die.
    • 3 posts
    July 20, 2012 7:14 PM EDT

The only major bug i've encounted so far is with the imperial legion questline where you have to talk to legate cippius (i think thats how its spelled) to start the defence of whitrun quest but cippius won't start conversation when I try talk to him.  

• 78 posts
    July 21, 2012 10:25 AM EDT

Crap, just reread your post.  That really sucks for me then. 

• 377 posts
    August 9, 2012 5:09 AM EDT

I've had one game breaking bug (that i've noticed so far) since Dawnguard regarding vampire feeding. When I feed. My character freezes - can't move at all. I can access menus but that's it. It is extremely annoying.

• 44 posts
    August 9, 2012 5:30 AM EDT
    Do the first quest for the Jarl, do all the favors, if you're level 20, do his second quest, purchase a home, become Thane, then do the Forsworn Conspiracy quest. I only figured this out the night before last :s
    • 44 posts
    August 9, 2012 6:05 AM EDT
    Becoming thane of Markarth is the only thing I can recall running into, but my fiancee has had floating mammoths and wonky dragons.
    • 78 posts
    August 10, 2012 10:05 AM EDT

weird!

• 63 posts
    August 10, 2012 11:11 AM EDT
    Anyone run into the karthspire bug? The one that causes CTD (crash to desktop). Anytime I approach the world cell with karthspire in it, I crash. It's preventing me from composting the main quest line.
    • 78 posts
    August 10, 2012 11:14 AM EDT

Yes I have with my 360 even.

• 78 posts
    August 12, 2012 11:55 AM EDT

Does this count as a bug?