Forums » Elder Scrolls

Light Shield Vs Heavy Shield

• 22 posts
    June 6, 2013 2:13 AM EDT

Hola!

I have a question... I'm currently running a light armor scout type player who specializes in sword and board combat. Since I'm specializing in light armor, I've been sticking to using only light shields. But that got me thinking, is there any disadvantage to using a heavy shield with light armor? As far as I can tell the light armor perks don't effect shields, is it just a matter of heavy shields taking longer to bring up?

Thanks, and sorry if this has been asked somewhere else.

• 661 posts
    June 6, 2013 2:16 AM EDT

Go for the heavy shield. It wont matter in the long run, and your perks in LA wont be affected either.

• Tim
    • 89 posts
    June 6, 2013 2:26 AM EDT

Block is the only skill linked to shields, despite them being tagged as light or heavy armor. Really the only difference is in the weight vs. protection trade off.

If you want more inventory space, I recommend the Imperial Light Shield as it has an excellent protection to weight ratio. If you want max protection, go as heavy as possible. I personally use shields for bashing more often than for blocking, so I'll usually use the lightest shield I can find

• 22 posts
    June 6, 2013 11:06 AM EDT

Cool, thanks guys