Forums » General Gaming

Game(s) that top Skyrim

• 11 posts
    June 5, 2013 11:29 PM EDT

Both Dark & Demon's Souls. I love the combat and the level design. The game also doesn't hit you over the head with lore like the Elder Scrolls. Every character is fucking Encyclopedia-Britannica. If you want lore in the Souls series, you have to look for it, which also adds to the huge sense of accomplishment. The first 2 Assassin's Creed games were also very cool. After the second one, they seemed to be focused on pumping out content without checking if it was good. However, my all time favorite series is Metal Gear. It might be obvious from my avatar and screen name, but I figured I should mention it. I've beat every MGS game on Big Boss difficulty.

• 32 posts
    June 6, 2013 12:16 AM EDT
    Imo deadspace 1&2 and WWE here comes the pain and soon pokemon x&y
    • 111 posts
    June 6, 2013 4:43 AM EDT

Well I like Skyrim else I wouldn't still be playing it but as an RPGamer gotta say that Oblivion, Mass Effect (all 3), Dragon Age Origins, NWN 1 &2,  Baldur's Gate series with add ons (Tried reading one of Greenwood's books - tripe). I think BG, NWN,  DAO and Mass Effect series are better certainly from an RPG point of view. Also Tomb Raider Underworld is great too. But still the Game of all time for me is Half Life 2 (so far). Zelda? Never interested me!  

Best NPC (different topic I guess) Minsc the Ranger (and Boo of course) from BG series . For those who have never played BG Boo is a giant miniature space hamster and  Minsc's travelling companion who leaves biscuit crumbs in uncomfortable places

• 26 posts
    June 6, 2013 7:10 AM EDT

I think Borderlands 2 is a better game than skyrim. But the TES series in general is better.

In my opinion.

• 41 posts
    June 6, 2013 9:38 AM EDT

You haven't experienced gaming until you have played Fallout 3. I wouldn't wait for Fallout 4 and don't bother with NV until you get bored of Fallout 3. Its only like $10-20.

• 49 posts
    June 6, 2013 9:57 AM EDT

I can name a few:

Fallout 3, Borderlands 2, Morrowind, MOH: Warfighter (no, i'm not joking) and the Fable series.

• 127 posts
    June 6, 2013 10:16 AM EDT

Oblivion.

• 108 posts
    June 6, 2013 10:24 AM EDT

I depends on what you mean by "top". Planescape Torment had the best story of anything I have played afterwards and Bioshock (though not an RPG) the best setting IMO.

I also loved the "make your own weapon" idea from Fallout 3. I admit it, I like collecting things and crafting. ^_^

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 6, 2013 11:49 AM EDT

Far Cry games. (Mainly 2, 3 and the "Blood Dragon" DLC).

And the previous TES, I think.

Also, I had a lot of fun with AoE games and AoM. But I'm not sure if they're better than Skyrim...

• 952 posts
    June 6, 2013 11:49 AM EDT

Morrowind, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Gothic 3.

• 952 posts
    June 6, 2013 11:51 AM EDT

Fable 1 was good, the rest was kind of pure shit.

• June 6, 2013 12:20 PM EDT

I cannot say that Skyrim is better than any other video game, nor can I say that any other video game is better than  Skyrim.  This is because I have favorite games in many genres, and they are my favorites due to features, concepts, stories, and/or gameplay.  Some of my favorites games are Skyrim, Dark Souls, Far Cry, Knockout Kings, Fallout 3, Halo, Blood and Glory (Android)...and many others. I still bo back to my Sega Genesis every now and then to replay some of my favorites.

The only game that I believe is better than all video games was D & D from my younger days. 

• June 6, 2013 12:22 PM EDT

A game that I hold dear to my heart and that tops Skyrim all the way...

GTA: San Andreas!

''I'll have two number nines, a number nine large, a number six with extra dip, a number seven, two number fourtynines, one with cheese and a large soda!''

• 9 posts
    June 6, 2013 12:51 PM EDT

I only got dragon age origins this year and I personally think that it is far better than skyrim in almost every way except that it isn't sandbox. I prefer kotor (even the shitty ending of kotor 2), fallout new vegas (way better than fallout 3), the main series of pokemon, Oblivion (although skyrim has better dlc) and borderlands 2, but that's mainly todo with claptrap and tiny tina who were hilarious

• 952 posts
    June 6, 2013 1:01 PM EDT

Red Orchestra 2 is really good. Better than COD, those COD kids just die all the time and I laugh a lot.

• 661 posts
    June 6, 2013 1:03 PM EDT

Dude have you played part 2 of Dragon Age? That games sucks so much. I agree with you on New Vegas, such a good game. Its trippy how some of the story line was supposed to be FO3.

A game that is better then Skyrim... Hmmm... I cant think of any.

• 360 posts
    June 6, 2013 1:13 PM EDT
    I would say dark souls, best game evar
    • 9 posts
    June 6, 2013 1:17 PM EDT

Are you sure you're not on about dragon age 2 because I've heard that it sucks balls when compared with origins which was consistently good.

• 111 posts
    June 6, 2013 5:41 PM EDT

I played DA2. Sadly and unlike Bioware's earlier effort in Bauldur's Gate the sequel did not live up to the original. In BG2 Bioware set new benchmarks,. In DA2 it had the effect of what? Ans = a yawn! Bioware blew the chance of making a really good game better consequently DA3 has a hobble before it even gets off the ground running (or trying to)

• 661 posts
    June 6, 2013 6:44 PM EDT

Thats what I said, and yes Dragon Age 2 sucks donkey balls. I bought and it was the worst 20 bucks ever spent.

• 11 posts
    June 6, 2013 10:44 PM EDT

I actually agree with Bryn. I never got into Zelda. Maybe it's because it was a Nintendo game and I grew up on Sega and Playstation. It probably had something to do with the plot and characters. I can't say for sure as it has been a while.

• June 6, 2013 10:45 PM EDT

Morrowind, Oblivion, and in general as my favorite game/games - Mount and Blade (Warband, Napoleonic, Mods).

• 1913 posts
    June 6, 2013 10:51 PM EDT
    i never said i thought it was better. i said i agree with why he likes it
    • 11 posts
    June 6, 2013 10:53 PM EDT

I know right?! I thought Brotherhood was ok, but that was where they started really going Hunter S Thompson on the plot. Just completely crazy. I could understand how some people would say that Metal Gear Solid 2 was like that, but it resolved itself after all the craziness. As far as Assassin's Creed 3 goes, I sold it back to Gamestop the other day. Besides the story, I really HATED Connor.

• 1913 posts
    June 6, 2013 11:14 PM EDT
    brotherhood was my favorite out of all of them (list of favorite too most hated: Brotherhood, AC3, Revelations (Revelations and AC3 are tied), AC2 (never played AC1, dont plan on it since Altair isn't likable... at all))