Forums » Elder Scrolls

Hearthfire help

• 36 posts
    June 5, 2013 5:38 AM EDT

So I found out your wife can be kidnapped if moved to your homested and potentially die - don't like the idea of mine dying or being kidnapped lol.

So can anyone explain this? and how I can prevent it 

Cheers!

• 116 posts
    June 5, 2013 5:56 AM EDT

Yes, your wife (or husband) can apparently get kidnapped, but in the many many hours I played while having a husband on my property, I never saw said mythical kidnapping occur.  Unfortunately, my husband became too brave for his own good and tried to defend my home from a bandit raid... and in the chaos, I killed him myself by accident!

That said, I wouldn't let that detail stop you from acquiring a spouse.  However, something to keep in mind: you can't re-marry once your spouse dies... which sucks. 

(Sorry that I don't know more about it.)

• June 5, 2013 6:02 AM EDT

Happened to me once! I hadn't seen my huspend for some time. Then I was throuwing away unimportant letters from my inventory, and found one that said something like: "Thank you, it was very nice to meet your lovely huspand Moth. Actually we liked him so much, we took him with us (to some bandit camp). If you want him back, pay us gold"

So I went to bandit camp, killed everybody, didn't see Moth anywhere. But he appeared home after awhile, happy end!

• 36 posts
    June 5, 2013 6:20 AM EDT

I married Alea XD I also believe she's essential and cannot actually die..but still I kind of get attached to people in the game ha. I'll just well equip my steward or something XD

Cheers for help!

• 1913 posts
    June 5, 2013 6:58 AM EDT
    There is a random event where a group of bandits send a note to you and you have to save your spouse. I did it once with Lydia and she replied saying "thank you my love! Let's get out of here and go home!"